Squarespace vs WordPress + TemplateToaster: The Solo vs The Fusion
While building a website we have to compromise either flexibility or ease of use. But, What if I tell you can have both. Find out how??
WordPress, the first thing that strikes in our minds every time we think of website building. WordPress is an immensely popular open source Content Management System (CMS) and is very intuitive. But, you need to have a good knowledge of coding to explore the possibilities to the fullest i.e. you need to be an expert or hire one to bring the best out of it.
Whereas, Squarespace is an easy to use website builder and it does not have that learning curve either. But, unlike WordPress, it’s not that flexible, customizable and versatile. This makes Squarespace vs WordPress an unsettled and rather baffling comparison.
Now, there arises a need for the platform that could offer you both flexibility and ease of use. The answer to this problem is TemplateToaster, a theme builder that works with almost all the CMSes. It is a theme builder that works with CMSes like WordPress to solve your problem of coding and to add some extra functionality to it. So, let me compare Squarespace vs WordPress + TemplateToaster to settle all the doubts.
User Friendliness/ Ease of Use
Most of the new users do not have any knowledge of coding. So, they always will look for a website builder which do not require them to do any coding and still helps them to build their websites.
- Squarespace offers a very clean and easy to use interface. It is well managed and very user-friendly. It helps you design your website easily and you do not need any knowledge of coding. It is a WYSIWYG website builder so, you drag and drop pictures, text, slideshows, etc directly into your website builder and see the changes ‘live’.
- WordPress, on the other hand, is a very powerful and flexible platform for website development. You can modify the codes into anything you wish. So, WordPress is highly customizable but, you are required to have a good knowledge of coding to work with it. Whereas, WordPress + TemplateToaster solves this problem. It offers you the flexibility of WordPress and ease of use of the TemplateToaster.
- TemplateToaster offers you WYSIWYG editor for visual editing and you need not have any knowledge of coding to work with it. It also offers drag and drop interface to work with. And, since it works on the WordPress, it offers a lot more flexibility and independence to its users.
The way your website looks and the way it has been organized plays a vital role in leaving a lasting impression on the visitor. Nobody wants a website that takes too long to load or have a complex user interface. So, it becomes very crucial that your website is well designed and organized. Let’s find out which is better on this very metrics.
Squarespace is a nice platform for website designing. It offers around 50+ professionally designed templates to choose from. These templates are all eye catching and mobile responsive. Let’s check out various pros and cons of Squarespace designing,
- 50+ professionally designed template from across the different industries.
- Templates are mobile responsive.
- Can alter the CSS code of your template.
- You need not search for plugins, you get them under the hood.
- It offers Limited Functionality i.e. If you’re looking to build a feature packed website, Squarespace is not the best option. There are only very few things you can do with the platform. If you wish to try something different, you have to wait until they add that functionality.
- There is always a Lack of Complete Portability. You are limited to export your content with Squarespace. This can be a big problem if you have a large site with loads of content, well, you cannot move it.
- No mobile view editor i.e. if you want to edit the mobile view of your website you have to alter the CSS code of your template. They do not offer any dedicated mobile view editor.
WordPress + TemplateToaster
WordPress has thousands of themes that you can install on your website. There are loads of themes both paid and free. But, if you go for a free theme, it could be elemental. However, with TemplateToaster this problem gets sorted. Let’s look at the various pros and cons in their designing,
- TemplateToaster offers hundreds (200+) of professionally designed themes catering different industries, in its theme market. Other than this there are a number of free/paid WordPress themes you could choose from.
- All the TemplateToaster themes are responsive.
- You can alter the CSS code of your website.
- TemplateToaster offers a dedicated mobile view editor to accustom the mobile view of your website. You do not have to bash your head with the code and you could adjust the mobile view of your website according to your taste.
- Portability is not an issue. You can export your content as per your wish and need.
- You have to install WordPress and download TemplateToaster as well.
- You will first design in TemplateToaster and then export it to WordPress, it could be a bit lengthy as compared to Squarespace.
SEO Friendly Features
SEO (Search engine optimization), is the process used for improving your website’s ranking in search results of various search engines. Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo rank sites using various parameters. These parameters are kept secret and change very frequently. Let’s find out which amongst Squarespace vs WordPress + TemplateToaster offers more SEO friendly environment.
- Squarespace offers a number of SEO friendly features like Sitemap, SSL certificates, Clean URLs, Clean HTML Markup etc. These features are very helpful in ranking your website up in the search engines but do not offer you that flexibility and control as you get with the WordPress.
- Most of the experts in the business believe that when it comes to SEO friendliness WordPress is the best. WordPress + TemplateToaster offers you all these features and a lot more flexibility.
- Google has made a new parameter of giving mobile friendly sites a higher priority. And, with TemplateToaster you are getting a mobile interface editor, to help you adjust the mobile view of your website as you desired and that too without any knowledge of coding. It also offers a number of advanced SEO options, for example, Additional post headers, Additional page headers, Use no-index for author archive etc to help you rank your website higher in the search results.
When you consider a tool for building your website you always expect it to be flexible according to your needs. You never want your website to be in accordance to the building tool rather you want it to be in accordance with the image of the website in your mind.
Squarespace is a feature-rich platform and it offers a good set of apps, plugins, and widgets in-house. It offers a plethora of features like blogging, e-Commerce etc to build a good website. For potential users, Squarespace offers Developer Platform, where you get the complete access of the website code. Some key points of Squarespace’s are;
- It provides you the hosting service.
- Under the hood apps, add-ons or plugins.
- When you power your website with Squarespace, you’re putting it in charge i.e. if for any reason they do not like the content, category or any other thing on your website you have no option but to say goodbye to your website.
WordPress, on the other hand, is very flexible. You can build a web store, e-commerce or a blog, WordPress is good enough to do it all. Even if you are a beginner, TemplateToaster solves your problem of coding and provides you the freedom to design and tailor your website according to your taste. WordPress + TemplateToaster are so flexible that you can build your website pretty much as you want it. Some of their main highlighting features are,
- Offers you complete control of your website.
- You can host your website on your own server i.e. you do not have worry about the content or any other thing on your website.
- If you ever want to switch hosts or move to another CMS, you can do that with ease.
Since Squarespace, as well as WordPress + TemplateToaster, offer e-commerce functionality, let me compare them on the basis of this functionality to find out which amongst them is the better option:
|Squarespace||WordPress + TemplateToaster|
|You can only use Stripe and PayPal for payments. These payment platforms are not available in many countries.||You can use any payment platform you want.|
|There is a limit on how many products you can sell on Personal and Professional plans.||There’s no limit on how many products you add to your website. You can add as many products as you want.|
|There are very few external services that you can integrate with your Squarespace.||You can use any external service you want.|
|Plugin repository is very limited. There are very few plugins you could choose from.||Repository for plugins is very wide i.e there are thousands of free/paid third party plugins you need to choose from.|
Thus, taking you from all these important factors I am obviously recommending WordPress + TemplateToaster. WordPress clearly is the best and most flexible platform for website building and TemplateToaster is best for theme building. WordPress + TemplateToaster is easy to use, flexible, feature packed and it is the best combination for building a perfect website out there in the market.
Best Drag and Drop interface to Design stunning WordPress Themes