Best Web Design Software Compared (2019)
Gone are the days when designing a website was a tough job. With the advancement in technology and the availability of plenty of easily accessible Web Design Software, creating a website has become a cakewalk. In this tutorial for beginners, I have compiled a list of the best web design software for you. By the time you finish reading this guide, you will be able to decide which web design software is suitable for your project.
If you are new in web development and still striving to learn web design, then web design software will be a great help to you.
What is Web Design Software?
Web Design Software is a software to create websites. Web design Software lets you create a website for your business and personal needs. There are many type of Web Design Software available these days. Modern web design software comes with various features such as drag and drop, may or may not demand coding experience, ease of use, etc. It basically helps you get online with minimal efforts. In this article I will help you select best web design software according to your needs.
Why We Need Web Design Software?
A website is the only way you can communicate with your potential clients. And visitors coming to your site will judge your business and services almost instantly after viewing your website. So, in order to make a solid impression on your visitors, you need to have a strong website. Hence we need a solid Web Design Software in order to create a professional website.
And here comes the need of web design software. A fully-featured web design software allows you to create a feature-rich website with zero to a little coding knowledge. However, if you are new in web designing and looking for ways to improve your web design skills, then the plethora of web design software is openly available on the Internet to get you through. But selecting the best software among heaps of available software will surely take plenty of time and effort. So, to create a website or design landing pages consider using any below-listed web design software.
List of Best Web Design Software for Beginners
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Muse
- NetObjects Fusion
- Google Web Designer
- Microsoft Expression Web
Best Web Design Software Compared (2019)
How to choose the Best Website Design Software?
For your convenience, here at the TemplateToaster website builder software blog, I have included almost all the popular and widely used web design software on the list. The thorough comparison and detailed feature list will help you decide upon the final choice for your site. For all the designers here is a list of essential graphic design software to always keep handy. And without much ado, let’s dive in and check out the top Web Design Software.
Best Web Design Software for Designers (Review)
1. TemplateToaster ($49) – Best Web Design Software
TemplateToaster is the leading web design software and is one of its kind. It is incredibly powerful yet so simple to use. The intuitive drag-and-drop editor is arguably the best in the industry. It lets you design flawless, responsive, and cross-browser compatible templates and themes without having to code. The best part is, it allows you to create custom modules or widgets. And the convenience to have it downloaded on your personal computer makes it stand way ahead than its competitors. More so, the latest release of TemplateToaster version 8 is simply impeccable.
Features of TemplateToaster Website Builder Software
- It offers you an advanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor for effective visual editing.
- The advanced WYSIWYG editor includes features such as image browse, font properties, text indenting, hyperlinking, tables.
- It gives you an easy drag and drop option to build the website of your choice hassle-free.
- Supports Responsive Web Design
- Compatible with all the standard browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, Safari, Opera, etc.
- An advanced option to draw and add Custom widget, module positions and regions.
- It gives you an automatic inclusion of social media buttons such as Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook in your template. You just simply have to insert and configure it.
- Slideshow improves the engagement of your website and gives an overview of your business. It has a huge library of the advanced inbuilt slideshow to choose from.
- TemplateToaster comes with a full-fledged library of Logos, Images, Textures, Graphics and the freedom to use them however you like.
- Hundreds of Predefined Color Scheme are available. You just have to hover the color scheme for the preview.
- It comes with an inbuilt FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to transfer your responsive templates/themes or design to the hosting server.
- It plays an essential role for CSS/HTML websites.
- It is a downloadable desktop-based application. Hence, you can work offline too.
- No need for an active internet connection all the time.
- An array of useful features.
- Fully responsive designs.
- Availability of free themes and templates.
- Easily affordable.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Compatible with every CMS
- It doesn’t run online since it is a desktop-based application.
- Once after uploading a theme on the server, you cannot make any changes to it.
2. Adobe Dreamweaver ($20.99/month) – Website Design Software
Adobe Dreamweaver is the most trusted website design tool around the globe. You can easily build your website with it. Dreamweaver was originally created by Macromedia in the year of 1997 and later in the year, 2005 Adobe bought its rights. It is available for Windows and macOS. However, you can check the 7 days free trial to explore this beautiful tool.
Features of Adobe Dreamweaver
- Provides you WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which gives you a more user-friendly interface.
- Authorize you to make an amazing site with the phenomenal design of your choice.
- It can give you a more realistic view of the page while you are designing it and can make changes there and then only.
- It comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee
- Integrates with photoshop.
- Drag and drop HTML editor.
- Compatible with all the latest web browsers.
- Can be heavy on your pocket.
- Not so beginner-friendly.
3. CoffeeCup ($69/year)
It is serving the website design industry for more than a decade now and the features which it offers, are immensely powerful. It is an HTML editor that gives a great working site without any hassle. Like a good coffee delivers a great taste the same way a good tool like CoffeeCup delivers a great website.
- It can create HTML or CSS files from scratch.
- It can easily develop site menus or nested menus. As the navigation over the site directly depends on the menu on the website.
- As soon as you type the code, the code completion automatically suggests the related tags.
- An amazing feature called ‘split-screen’ allows you to preview your website right below the code you are writing.
- There is an inbuilt FTP uploader that enables you to publish your website anywhere you want to. Either by using your own server or by using some hosting, just simply add the respective FTP settings and you are good to go.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free trial available.
- Switching between Code Editor to Visual Editor is a little messy.
- You may have to struggle to add objects like RSS feeds, maps, and videos.
4. Xara ($49.99)
Xara is capable enough to deliver you a fully operative site with a great blend of color scheme, fonts, placing and delivering accurate information about your business or product. Therefore, a site builder like Xara which gives you the freedom to add whatever you like on your website becomes the hot choice of any designer. And a great color palette generator for web design.
- It uses the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which gives you the exact results without writing any code.
- It comes in two versions i.e Basic and Premium.
- The Premium version offers you more advanced web and graphic designing features as compared to the basic version.
- There are a number of templates present in the catalog to choose from.
- This website design software makes customizations so easy with its drag and drop option.
- Huge collection of widgets to choose from.
- You can easily create a responsive site. No matter on which device you view your site, the site shares absolute compatibility with each device.
- Hundreds customizable industry-specific templates.
- Easy parallax scrolling.
- 7-day free trial, that can be further extended up to 30 days upon registration.
- It does not support QuickTime.
- It only supports the windows-based operating system.
5. Adobe Muse ($24.99/month)
The best thing about this web design tool or software is that you don’t have to use any sort of code while designing your website. Use Adobe Muse to create static sites. Whereas if you are a professional designer then this web design software would be no less than a boon to you because of its abundance features.
- It gives you the authority to add external tools such as blogging and eCommerce on your site.
- No expertise in coding required.
- You can directly implement the prebuilt themes and widgets available with the Adobe Muse without getting into the mechanism of coding.
- By using this website design software you will get no less than professional results without having to get into the complexity of coding and all.
- Suitable for web design professionals.
- It comes with an advanced WYSIWYG editor.
- It has simple publishing capabilities.
- It doesn’t come with integrated templates.
- Non-flexible widgets.
- It takes a while to get used to it for newbies.
To create a perfect site you need to have a perfect set of tools and openElement is one of the amazing tools available online. Certainly, openElement is a competent and intuitive web authoring program. It gives you the authority to work on the professionally designed templates or from scratch. It is an open-source and widely used website design software.
- Uses WYSIWYG (What You See Is What Get) interface for amazing results.
- Support all the latest technologies such as CSS, HTML5, jQuery and the end product is fully responsive.
- It is smart enough that it automatically generates the required code for the called action which means you don’t have to write any code, the software will do itself.
- 100% responsive design so you don’t have to worry about the device screen size.
- Smoothly work for the repetitive things.
- It gives you completely SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly websites.
- Drag and drop option is available with this web creation software to make things easy especially for newbies.
- It is compatible with browsers such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista.
- Mobile-optimized websites.
- It allows a unique page view.
- openElement is totally free to use.
- It has a steep learning curve.
- It can not edit generic HTML files.
7. Pinegrow ($8/month)
- It is an HTML and CSS editor which lets you work with HTML elements and CSS visually.
- You can build your page with highly effective website development tools for editing, deleting, moving, replicating HTML elements.
- It provides you the visual tools to work with Bootstrap 3 and 4, plain HTML, and WordPress.
- Pinegrow lets you build and design pages.
- Multi-page editing gives you multiple views of the page.
- It gives you easily drag and drop
- You can edit your page visually and via code at the same time.
- Pingrow is multi-platform desktop software.
- It gives you a real-time preview.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free updates are available for one year only.
8. NetObjects Fusion ($129.95)
NetObjects Fusion is another powerful web design tool. It works great both for beginners and for professionals. It has an intuitive wizard for beginners and professionally designed templates to help you to create a website quickly. And the eCommerce compatibility is an amazingly helpful feature of NetObjects Fusion.
- Fusion has WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to give you exactly what you need.
- An easy to use drag and drop editor.
- It has a huge library of free templates to choose from. You can choose as many templates as you want.
- It has a great intuitive interface that helps beginners to get online hassle-free.
- You can use integrated payment methods for your eCommerce site.
- Your site will be completely SEO-optimized.
- Easy to use drag and drop web design tool.
- It comes with hundreds of pre-designed templates.
- Easy to use.
- You will have an SEO friendly website design with ease.
- No real-time editing.
- No hosting capabilities.
9. RapidWeaver ($99)
RapidWeaver is a compelling framework exclusively available for the Mac. Several splendid features of RapidWeaver such as Stacks, Foundation and Drag and Drop options would give a simpler hold over the entire process along with the freestyle themes. It is a well-crafted website design software that uses responsive web design frameworks to give you a fully responsive site flawlessly.
- RapidWeaver is an easy to use web design software.
- A great collection of inbuilt themes and facilities of third party themes usage.
- Websites built are fully responsive in nature.
- No coding required.
- It gives your 100% SEO-optimized sites.
- It has its own built-in FTP (File Transfer Protocol) therefore there’s no need for external help.
- Hundreds of add ons are available with RapidWeaver which makes your task much easier.
- You can have a real-time preview.
- It has all the essential elements required for Mac.
- No learning curve.
- 100% responsive designs.
- It’s easy to toggle between code and visual editor.
- Limited to Mac only.
- You need to pay for add-ons.
10. Google Web Designer
Technology never stops growing and the advancement of the technology can be easily seen in this web development software which enables a user to create his own world simply with the help of a defined set of actions that too without writing any code. It is one of the best examples of advancement. Apparently, the stunning features of Google Web Designer will blow your mind.
- Google Web Designer is a great program for creating amazing HTML5 designs, motion graphics and animations for the platforms like Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Other products by Google such as Google Drive, Google Adwords, Google, DoubleClick Studio are effortlessly integrated.
- With the help of CSS3, you can easily make 3D content and manipulate it however you like.
- Easy toggling between the code view and design view.
- There is an array of preprogrammed components to use. The default components are iFrames, maps, tap area, YouTube, image gallery.
- Shape or Pen tools or Tag tools are available to create your own design.
- The Gradient Editing Tool is also there to give that extra shine to your design.
- You can use multiple pages for your single product and have a strong grip over the product.
- Another amazing feature is that you can connect your physical gesture with events such as by tilting, shaking or rotating the smart device you can react to touch. There are many preset events that can be used or you can create your own.
- You can create responsive ads as well.
- It is totally free to use.
- Built-in support for Google Fonts.
- It also supports clickTag.
- Google Web Designer has expanded file load.
11. Themler ($49)
The team Artisteer has created a strong site builder named “Themler” in order to provide responsive CMS and eCommerce themes. The visual interface support all modern technologies. However, this online web design software helps you create Themes, Landing pages, and website design.
- It provides you a visual drag and drop interface. It makes it easy to design professionally without even a single line of code.
- Any WordPress, Joomla or Magento user can easily install.
- It comes with an intuitive WYSIWYG interface.
- You can install Themler as a Windows desktop application.
- The platform has a huge image stock.
- It supports all the latest CMS
Mobirise is a great site builder that offers you to create your website with its easy to use features without doing any coding. You just have to drag and drop the elements in the right space and your website is ready. Unlike other web development software Mobirise is available for both Windows and Mac and it’s all free.
- The latest update is offering the facility to create a website even in the offline mode.
- The simple drag and drop interface gives you easy handling and there’s no requirement of technical skills.
- Those who are not so technical or not very familiar with the coding and programming, Mobirise is a great option to choose. Also, for the professional coders, the super-fast prototyping speed gives a boost to the website creation.
- Complete mobile-friendly and it is completely free for both commercial and personal use.
- The variety of website blocks in various design ideas gives you a huge opportunity to choose from.
- The site created is fully mobile-friendly which means you don’t have to make any sort of changes when it comes to the mobile version of the site, everything would be done itself.
- Templates are based on Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.
- You can host your site anywhere.
Macaw brought the same comfortable editor as an image editor with the blend of HTML and CSS therefore, it increases the expectations. It gives you responsive websites along with the beauty of Typography. Giving you the ability to style the elements at once. Also, the sharing element feature of macaw makes it more helpful. You can store elements in your library and can use them over and over again. Even after having all the mandatory features for creating a website, it is not so very trendy anymore.
- It is completely responsive.
- Stylizing options.
- It also has a sharing element feature.
- It has a remote preview option as well.
- In the case of dynamic layout, you can use absolute, static, and fixed positions.
EZGenerator is an effective blend of an online content management system and an offline website builder. It lets you create the structure of the website offline by adding pages, elements, blogs, and other required features into the website and make it live while you go online. EZGenerator offers you WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, you don’t have to have the technical skills. But, if you are a tech-savvy then you are free to use your skills and dig into the depth of coding and make any customization you like. Only the existing customers can download this web page design software.
- You can use the beautiful amalgamation of the online content management system and offline website builder.
- Create the structure offline and add content online.
- It has a WYSIWYG editor to ease your work.
- It doesn’t require technical skills.
15. Amaya (Open-Source)
Amaya is a web editor that facilitates you to edit your content directly on the web. It is open-source software with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. This makes editing so easy and convenient for the user. Originally it was designed as a structured text editor and later converted to HTML and CSS editor. However, currently, it is discontinued.
- It lets you directly edit the content on the web.
- It is open-source software.
- Amaya comes with a WYSIWYG editor.
- It is a beautiful HTML and CSS editor.
16. Freeway (Paid)
Freeway is a website design application for Mac OS developed by Softpress Systems in the year 2016. However, due to the insufficiency of the product in maintaining the company’s integrity and be the viable product of the company, the company discontinued the project. Therefore Freeway is no more in use now. Originally, Freeway was designed to work on WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor with drag and drop facility and capable of creating responsive websites.
- It is built exclusively for Mac users only.
- A WYSIWYG editor
- Drag-and-drop feature.
17. Microsoft Expression Web
Microsoft Expression Web is an HTML editor and website creation software by Microsoft. However, currently, it is discontinued (by discontinued mean no updations and addition are being done in the software. But, the last version is still available and still working normally as it was a component of Microsoft and which is why it is freely available now. It has a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.
- The last version of the Microsoft Expression Web was based on WYSIWYG editor.
- It is completely free to use.
18. Artisteer (Paid)
To create your own blog themes and website templates, you can choose Artisteer. It is another web design software that lets you create your website with minimum efforts and having maximum effect. You can export your created content to Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Blogger or DotNetNuke easily. No requirement of specific technical skills with automated WYSIWYG editor. Artisteer does not create a fully functional website rather it creates Web Templates. These templates integrate with a web application or export to the CMS.
- A WYSIWYG editor.
- No special technical skills required.
- It creates web templates.
19. KompoZer (Free)
KompoZer is an easy web authoring system with simple WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web editor. Toggling between a WYSIWYG editor and HTML is quite easy and gives you the desired results. KompoZer is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac. However, currently, it is discontinued, you can still download it from SourceForge.
- This web design software also has a WYSIWYG web editor.
- Available for multiple operating systems.
- It is a product of SourceForge.
Happy Web Designing!!
Web Design Software: What’s Your Pick?
The above-mentioned list of best web design software is really helpful in designing a website. You can easily choose the one as per your requirements. However, web design software like Adobe Dreamweaver can be a great help if you want to code by yourself. On the other hand, a Fully automated website creation software like WEPS is another great help for a novice as it gives you a complete automated platform to work without writing any code.
But if you are to create a website from scratch then TemplateToaster website maker is certainly your keys to good web design. It gives you the authority to create your own website with amazing features to create a fully professional website. More so you can easily make customizations and make your website however you like. All the professional web designers should be aware of all the web design trends that are trending.
That’s all from my side folks. Now it’s your time to let me know which web design software worked for you in the comments below.
Design themes that make your websites stand apart from the rest. Get your dynamic Drag and Drop Theme Builder Software today.Download Now