HubSpot vs Marketo Differences
Choosing the best for your business is an important decision that you would like to make. Especially when you are looking for digital marketing platform. There are numerous tools available in the market and this guide is focused on HubSpot vs Marketo differences.
Before you make your final decision it make sense to compare these two biggest giants. But comparing them at your end might take a lot of time. Therefore, I have thoroughly compared best marketing providers. Because I don’t want you to invest in any expensive and amateur tool and repent later. However, no tool can be perfect for two different companies. Thus, this HubSpot vs Marketo comparison guide will help you make your choice according to your needs.
When you create a website and plan to increase your business you should concentrate on inbound marketing as one of the biggest factors to get leads. And the ultimate choice depends on your business, budget, and objectives you have set in your inbound marketing strategy.
So, let’s now learn about these two cherry-picked tools and begin this comparison. First thing first, what exactly they both are.
HubSpot vs Marketo: What are they?
HubSpot vs Marketo marketing automation tools are two popular and strong solutions to get you through. Whenever we look for best digital marketing tools list, we need to consider a couple of factors that can help you manage your email campaigns and other automation tasks. You can also design landing pages, organize your contacts, and much more. See what HubSpot and Marketo are.
What is HubSpot?
HubSpot has a single system with amazing features and functionality to cater to all your marketing, sales, and service requirements. We know how inbound and outbound marketing works to boost our business to a great extent. HubSpot is an all-in-one best email marketing software to captivate customers with its seamless functionality and affordable pricing structure.
It is a platform with five unique hubs i.e. Free HubSpot CRM, CMS Hub, Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub. Free HubSpot CRM is loaded with features that can help you create successful campaigns.
What is Marketo?
Marketo is a tool as a Service (SaaS) based marketing platform. It lets you organize automate marketing tasks and measure workflows. It was acquired by Adobe System in 2018 and its headquarter in San Mateo, California. Marketo is an ideal solution for lead management and B2B marketers. You can easily understand the workflow, conversions, campaigns, sales, and potential customers with ease.
Since Marketo is integrated with Microsoft CRM products thus, it gets a popular choice among enterprise-level organizations. However, Marketo is the best option for large organizations that are willing to pay more. Because Marketo is a little pricey tool.
HubSpot vs Marketo: Which One to Use and When?
No solution can work in the same way for all business needs. Every digital marketing service you use has its own features that can serve different purposes at different levels for every individual company. As we know there’s no universal tool to serve all companies. There are chances that the needs and choices of two companies may vary with the kind of functionality. So, you can make your choice on the basis of features.
When to use HubSpot?
HubSpot is a great tool that provides complete information about the workflow and how your business grows. HubSpot is a powerful tool and it can help grow your business. It has plenty of tools and capabilities to make a difference. HubSpot may be the right in following scenarios:
- It provides you an all-in-one tool to manage all your marketing tasks.
- If you want to attract your customers with beautiful email marketing campaigns.
- You can use HubSpot to analyze and optimize your campaigns.
- When you want to use powerful tools for your sales and marketing.
- When you want to effectively attract new potential users.
- If you wish to use the easy and quick drag & drop builder for the creation of your campaigns.
- When you focus on SEO and want the right keywords for your business.
- You can enjoy the library of built-in templates.
When to use Marketo?
Marketo is a complete ecosystem to fulfill all your digital needs. It lets you manage, execute, and personalize every user engagement. You can build campaigns for multiple platforms such as web, email, mobile, etc. With Marketo, you can expand your reach to anywhere anytime. That being said, you can use Marketo under the following circumstances and if you want anything from the following results.
- When you wish to create attractive advertising campaigns to capture more leads that are most likely to convert.
- It lets you nurture leads with automated campaigns.
- If you wish to create bidirectional campaigns over any channel.
- It provides you analytics so you can plan future campaigns accordingly.
- When you want to focus on strategies. However, you can use web design as an effective digital marketing strategy to boost your business.
- Marketo is the best solution for those who have total digital behavior insight.
- If you wish to have a mobile app of your digital Marketing platform to get the best possible results.
- When you want to optimize website content.
HubSpot vs Marketo: What are some useful features?
Both HubSpot and Marketo are widely used and popular names in the marketing automation realm. You can create multi-channel campaigns, sales automations, marketing automation for all size businesses with ease. However, both the platforms are equally strong but at the same time, they both are different in their own ways.
A different set of features makes them strong and unique to use. Thus, knowing about the features and functionalities they both have to offer you will help you make your choice. So, here’s what they are offering.
What are HubSpot features?
- HubSpot CRM tool is designed in such a way that it seamlessly integrates with its sales and marketing platforms.
- You can have an unlimited number of users.
- The HubSpot API (Application Programming Interface) provides you quick and effortless integration with other apps in the stack.
- The HubSpot Sales Hub allows you to smoothly synchronize with Google Suite, and Microsoft Outlook.
- It has a call recording feature as well.
- The calling features let you connect with your contacts with ease.
- It lets you optimize your contact list.
- You can receive desktop notifications with the help of an email tracking tool.
- You can enjoy Scheduling right in your Gmail inbox.
- Drafting scheduled emails are as simple as pie.
- The A/B testing shows you what’s working for your audience and what’s not.
- You can use the bots to send automated responses to visitors.
What are Marketo features?
- It lets you create and design with the editor.
- You can create targeted lists, schedule them, and easily manage them with Marketo.
- Marketo ensures deliverability and reputation management.
- You can leverage the triggered emails to send personalized.
- Marketo makes it easy to include FormsRegistration Forms on your landing pages.
- The mobile-optimized ad for various mobile devices to optimize business strategies.
- It enables you to segment your database and target your audience accordingly.
- It provides you the ability to automate drip marketing campaigns to send desired messages to the users.
- Marketo enables you to create automatic tasks along with the real-time analysis.
- You can have targeted sales campaigns as well.
- You can include share buttons on your campaigns to amplify your messages across many platforms.
- You can manage your calendar for future tasks with ease.
- Marketo allows you to use sandbox testing to eliminate not so required changes.
- You can use the strong ecosystem of Marketo to ensure successful campaigns for your business.
What are the Pros and Cons of HubSpot vs Marketo?
Both HubSpot and Marketo are designed to ease the marketing process. They let you create effective marketing strategies to elevate your business. You can initiate email campaigns, opt-in forms to capture email leads, email marketing tricks to increase open rate, event-based triggers, optimized delivery, A/B testing using marketing tools. And both can help you track and organize social media marketing as well.
HubSpot Pros and Cons
HubSpot is well suited under many scenarios and that may vary with the requirements. It enables you to keep track of your last interactions such as emails, meetings, notes, etc. When you are able to remember what was your applied trick, it makes it easier to prepare for next. And tell you what you can try. And in terms of sales, it certainly plays an essential role.
Pros of HubSpot
- HubSpot offers an easy to use and highly intuitive interface.
- You can easily enjoy both sales and marketing options with HubSpot.
- The primary CRM features are free with HubSpot.
- Amazing user interface.
- It lets you scale up easily.
- HubSpot lets you keep user communication records with ease.
- It gives you great results for tracking email open rates.
- Quick and easy contact segmentation.
- It works great on all the supported platforms.
- Seamless third-party integration.
Cons of HubSpot
- Beginners may find HubSpot a little pricey, to begin with.
- As your contact list grows, the HubSpot price rises.
- It doesn’t include any monthly plans.
Marketo Pros and Cons
Many reputed and big companies use Marketo as one of their most reliable sources of marketing automation. You will fall in love with a highly intuitive interface of Marketo and amazing navigation tools to automate the marketing process. Let’s dig a little deeper and learn the pros and cons of Marketo.
Pros of Marketo
- It’s really simple to get started with Marketo.
- It lets you send trigger emails with ease.
- Drag & drop interface to quicken the process.
- Marketo is pretty simple to set up and use.
- It has great customer and community support.
- It has huge marketing sales insights.
- Effortless third-party integrations.
- Excellent multi-platform analytics.
- You can use the robust Salesforce/Marketo integration
Cons of Marketo
- The landing page builder is a little poor.
- It has limited analytics and reports features.
- Marketo doesn’t have its own CRM.
- It has steep curves in the pricing structure.
- Beginners may find a steep learning curve while using Marketo.
What is HubSpot vs Marketo Pricing?
Pricing certainly is a vital factor before finalizing any tool for your business. However, you can use the free plan and the pricing structure of both HubSpot vs Marketo has curves. HubSpot CRM is free forever. And that is why it is always included in all premium plans. The pricing plans of HubSpot vary with the number of contacts and emails you choose to send every month. Let’s learn the pricing for both platforms.
The price of using HubSpot is quite flexible. It includes a Free CRM plan along with other four premium plans. The free CRM plan is forever a free plan that incorporates basic required features to run successful campaigns. They are as follows.
- Free CRM Plan
The HubSpot CRM is always free, so that’s automatically included with all these plans. Plan prices vary based on the included features and number of users.
- Starter – $35/month
- Professional – $560/month
- Enterprise -$ 2,240/month
- Starter + CMS Hub – $245/month
Marketo offers you five primary modals i.e. Account-based Marketing, Email Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Customer-based Marketing, Mobile Marketing. You are free to pick any module of your choice. However, you can select any individual as well as a bundle of modules together as per your business requirements.
The price structure is divided into four segments which include different sets of features. And you will be charged based on the database size you select. However, the four categories are Select, Prime, Ultimate, and Enterprise.
HubSpot vs Marketo differences Table (2020)
|Bot Creation||Built-in||With Integration|
|Competitor Tracking||Available||Require Additional|
|Blog Management||Available||Not Available|
HubSpot vs Marketo: Which One You Should Pick?
Undoubtedly, both HubSpot and Marketo are impressive solutions when it comes to marketing automation tools. But to boost your sales and boost your business you can rely on only one, not two. And this comparison guide can definitely help you make your choice between HubSpot vs Marketo.
It might be the possibility that at first, they both seem similar to many people. But as discussed above HubSpot’s Marketing Hub can provide an exceptional support system and the broader ecosystem of features and products. Whereas, on the other hand, Marketo comes with the requirement to need some skilled staff to manage the Marketo interface. Therefore, if you are a large B2B company with IT professionals, Marketo is for you.
How Does Hubspot Compare with platforms?
Well, both are perfect for certain environments. So, let me know which platform worked best for you and how your business grows in the comments below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now