Web Design Software: List of Free Best Tools(2018)
Web Designing has become so easy and simple these days and all thanks to the so many easily accessible Web Design Software, out of which some are free and some are paid. To have a clearer view, we present you the best web design software in 2018. You can decide which one is best suited for you from the list. So, do the smart work and let the technology do the hard work for you.
If you are an amateur in the field of web designing and looking for a great kick-start then the house of web design software available on the Internet is open for you. Fully feature-loaded web design software are here to please you with amazing customizations to build a WordPress website as per your needs. For professional designers and for newbies too, this comprehensive list of website design software has a lot to offer and in addition to this you can also go through top web design trends and Website builders.
List of Best Web Design Software
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Xara – web designer
- Adobe muse
- NetObjects Fusion
- Google Web Designer
- Microsoft Expression Web
Best Web Design Software
For your convenience, we have compiled and divided the list of web design software into 3 categories. The first 15 discussed best web design software are the ones, which are feature-rich, well-established and currently, dominating the web design industry. Next 6 web design software is equally popular but they have come up with some new features along with the previous ones. Last, but not the least, 8 web design software are currently not very trending in the industry and therefore they are discontinued by their respective companies. You may also read ways to improve your web design, actionable design ideas for website that converts or SEO friendly web designs. So let’s dive in and check out the top trending Web Design Software of 2018.
Best Web Design Software Compared (2018)
|Best Web design Software||Price||Average Rating||Cross Browser Compatibility||Multilingual Support|
|Xara web designer||$49.99||4.7||Yes||No|
Best Web Design Software (Review)
1. TemplateToaster ($49) – Best Web Design Software
TemplateToaster web design software is one of its kind and creating a buzz in the web design market with its high-end website design and immensely powerful yet easy to use drag and drop style editor. Any template created with it are flawless, responsive in nature and compatible with all existing standard browsers. The amazing feature of TemplateToaster which makes it stand apart from other web design software is that it authorizes you to create your own custom module or widgets. The biggest advantage of using TemplateToaster is that it is a downloadable Windows application which lets you work offline as well in your own local machine. You can check different editions of TemplateToaster available at purchase page.
Key features of TemplateToaster web design software
- TemplateToaster offers you an advanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to give you more effective visual editing.
- Advanced WYSIWYG editor includes features such as image browse, font properties, text indenting, hyperlinking, tables.
- Gives you an easy drag and drop option to build the website of your choice without any hassle.
- Supports Responsive Web Design.
- Compatible with all the standard browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, Safari, Opera etc.
- An advanced option to draw and add Custom widget, module positions and regions.
- Gives you an automatic inclusion of social media buttons such as Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook in your template. You just simply have to insert and configure it.
- Slideshow improves the engagement to your website and gives the overview of your business. It has a huge library of the advanced inbuilt slideshow to choose from.
- You will find a full-fledged library of Logos, Images, Textures, Graphics in TemplateToaster and freedom to use them as per your business requirements.
- Hundreds of Predefined Color Scheme are available. You just have to hover the color scheme to get the preview of that.
- Comes with an inbuilt FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to transfer your responsive templates/themes or design to the hosting server. It plays an essential for CSS/HTML websites.
2. Adobe Dreamweaver ($29.99/month)
Adobe Dreamweaver is the most trusted web design software around the globe. You can easily build your website with it. Dreamweaver was originally created by Macromedia in the year of 1997 and later in the year, 2005 Adobe bought its rights. It is available for Windows and MacOS. You can check the 7 days free trial.
Key features of Dreamweaver
- Dreamweaver provides you WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which gives you more user-friendly interface.
- Authorize you to make an amazing website with the phenomenal design of your choice.
- It can give you a more realistic view of the page while you are designing it and can make changes there and then only.
3. CoffeeCup ($189)
CoffeeCup is serving the web design industry for more than a decade now and the features which it offers, are immensely powerful. It is an HTML editor which gives a great working website without any hassle. Like a good coffee delivers a great taste same way a good tool like CoffeeCup delivers a great website.
- Can create HTML or CSS files from the scratch.
- Can easily create website menus or nested menus. As the navigation over the website directly depends on the menu on the website.
- As soon as you type the code, the code completion automatically suggests the related tags.
- An amazing feature called ‘split-screen’ allows you to preview your website right below the code you are writing.
There is an inbuilt FTP uploader which enables you to publish your website anywhere you want to. Either by using your own server or by using some web hosting, just simply add the respective FTP settings and you are good to go.
4. Xara Web Designer ($49.99)
Xara is capable enough to deliver you a fully operative website with a great blend of color scheme, fonts, placing and delivering the accurate information about your business or product. Therefore a website builder like Xara which gives you the freedom to add whatever you like in your website becomes the hot choice of any web designer.
- It uses the “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which gives you the exact results without writing any code.
- Comes in two version i.e Web Designer and Web Designer Premium and Web Designer Premium offers you more advanced web and graphic designing features as compared to the Web Designer.
- There are a number of templates present in the catalog from which you can choose one for your website.
- Web design software makes customization so easy with its drag and drop option.
- Huge collection of widgets to choose from.
- You can easily create a responsive website. No matter on which device you view your website, the website share absolute compatibility with each device.
5. Adobe Muse ($24.99/month)
The best thing about this web design software is that you don’t have to use any sort of code while designing your website. By using Adobe muse you can create static websites. If you are a professional web designer then this web design software would be no less than a boon to you because of its abundance features.
- It gives you the authority to add external tools such as blogging and e-commerce in your website.
- No expertise in coding required.
- You can directly implement the prebuilt themes and widgets available with the Adobe Muse without getting into the mechanism of coding.
- By using this web design software you will get no less than professional results without having to get into the complexity of coding and all.
6. openElement – Free Web Design Software
To create a perfect website you need to have a perfect set of tools and openElement is one of the amazing tools available online. openElement is a competent and intuitive web authoring program. It gives you the authority to work on the professionally designed templates or from scratch. It is an open source and widely used web design software.
- openElement uses WYSIWYG (What You See Is What Get) interface for amazing results.
- Supports all the latest technologies such as CSS, HTML5, jQuery and the end product is responsive in nature.
- It is smart enough that it automatically generates the required code for the called action which means you don’t have to write any code, the software will do the required on your behalf.
- Websites created are responsive which means your website will work as fine on the smartphone or tablets as it will work on the desktop.
- This website design tool is easy to work for beginners and smooth for the repetitive work for professionals and make the website more user-friendly.
- The website created with it is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly.
- Drag and drop option is available with this web design software to make things easy especially for newbies.
- It is compatible with browsers such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista.
7. Pinegrow ($8/month)
- It is an HTML and CSS editor which lets you work with HTML elements and CSS visually.
- Lets you build your webpage with highly effective tools for editing, deleting, moving, replicating HTML elements.
- Provides you the visual tools to work with Bootstrap 3 and 4, plain HTML, and WordPress.
- Pinegrow lets you build and design web pages.
- Multi-page editing gives you the multiple views of the page.
- It gives you easily drag and drop
- You can edit your page visually and via code at the same time.
8. NetObjects Fusion ($129.95)
NetObjects Fusion is another powerful web design software. It works great both for beginners and for professionals as well. Intuitive wizards for beginners and professionally build templates help you to design your website without much effort. It gives responsive websites with e-commerce capability.
- NetObjects Fusion has WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to give you exactly what you need.
- Offers you easy to deal drag and drop option that you don’t have to do the difficult coding at all.
- Has a huge library of free templates to choose from. According to your need, you can choose as many templates as you want.
- It has a great intuitive interface that even after being a beginner, you can get your website online without much hassle.
- If you want to have an e-commerce website then you can choose the various payment methods as per your requirements and can include that in your website.
- You will get an integrated SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to get your website a good amount of traffic.
9. RapidWeaver ($89)
RapidWeaver is a powerful framework created exclusively for the Mac. Splendid features of RapidWeaver such as Stacks, Foundation and Drag and Drop options would give a simpler hold over the entire process along with the freestyle themes. RapidWeaver is well-crafted web design software to make a fully responsive website.
- RapidWeaver is so easily understandable that you can build your website without any external help.
- A great collection of inbuilt themes and facility of third party themes usage.
- Websites built are fully responsive in nature.
- No coding required.
- Websites are entirely Search Engine Optimized and do great at Google’s SEO techniques.
- RapidWeaver has its own built-in FTP (File Transfer Protocol) therefore there’s no need for external FTP.
- Hundreds of ad-ones are available with the RapidWeaver which makes your task much more easier.
- Whatever changes you would make to the website can be viewed in real-time on your website.
- It has all the essential elements required for Mac.
10. Google Web Designer (Free)
Technology never stops growing and the advancement of the technology can be easily seen in the latest web design software which enables a user to create a world of its choice just by doing a simple set of actions that too without writing any code. Google Web Designer is one of the latest examples of the advancement. The newly added features of Google Web Designer will blow your mind.
- Google Web Designer is a great program for creating amazing HTML5 designs, motion graphics and animations for the platforms like Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Other products by Google such as Google Drive, Google Adwords, Google, DoubleClick Studio are effortlessly integrated with Google Web Designer.
- With the help of CSS3, any 3D content can be made and manipulated easily.
- The toggling between the modes is easy. While creating a 3D animation you can easily switch to the code view in order to make any changes and that changes can be seen by switching to the design view.
- There are a variety of preprogrammed components to use.
- Shape or Pen tools or Tag tool are available to create your own design. The all-new Gradient Editing Tool is also there to give that extra shine to your design.
- The pre-programmed web components give the added functionality to the design. The default components are iFrames, maps, tap area, YouTube, image gallery.
- You can use multiple pages for your single product and this feature you the strong and clear hold over the product.
- Another amazing feature is that you can connect your physical gesture with events such as by tilting, shaking or rotating the smart device you can react to touch. There are many preset events that can be used or you can create your own.
- You can create responsive ads as well. Click here to check out the official website of Google Web Designer.
11. Themler ($49)
The team Artisteer has created a strong website builder named “Themler” in order to provide responsive CMS and e-commerce themes. The visual interface support all modern technologies. It is an online software which helps you create Themes, Landing pages, and website design.
- Provides you a visual drag and drop interface. Makes it easy to design professionally without even a single line of code.
- Any WordPress, Joomla or Magento user can easily install.
- Offers you “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) interface.
- Can install Themler as a Windows desktop application.
- Platform has a huge image stock.
- It supports all the latest CMS
12. Mobirise (Free)
Mobirise is a great website builder which offers you to create your website with its easy to use features without doing any coding. You just have to drag and drop the elements at the right space and your website is ready. Unlike other web design software Mobirise is available for both Windows and Mac and it’s all free.
- The latest update is offering the facility to create a website even in the offline mode.
- The simple drag and drop interface gives you the easy handling and there’s no requirement of technical skills.
- Those who are not so technical or not very familiar with the coding and programming, Mobirise is the great option to choose. Also, for the professional coders, the super fast prototyping speed gives a boost to the website creation.
- Complete mobile-friendly and it is completely free for both commercial and personal use.
- The variety of website blocks in various themes gives you huge opportunity to choose from.
- The website created are fully mobile-friendly which means you don’t have to make any sort of changes when it comes mobile version of the website, everything would be done itself.
- Templates are based on Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.
- You can host your website anywhere.
13. Macaw (Free)
Macaw brought the same comfortable editor as image editor with the blend of HTML and CSS therefore, it increases the expectations. It gives you responsive websites along with the beauty of Typography. Giving you the ability to style the elements at once. Also, the sharing element feature of macaw makes it more helpful. You can store elements in your library and can use them over and over again. Even after having all the mandatory features for creating a website, it is not so very trendy anymore.
EZGenerator is an effective blend of an online content management system and offline website builder. It lets you create the structure of the website offline by adding pages, elements, blogs and other required features into the website and make it live while you go online. EZGenerator offers you WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, you don’t have to have the technical skills. But, if you are a tech savvy then you are free to use your skills and dig into the depth of coding and make any customization you like. Only the existing customers can download
15. Amaya (Open Source)
Amaya is a web editor that facilitates you to edit your content directly on the web. Amaya is an open source software with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. This makes the editing so easy and convenient for the user. Originally it was designed as a structured text editor and later converted to HTML and CSS editor. Currently, it is discontinued.
16. Freeway (Paid)
Freeway is web design application for Mac OS developed by Softpress Systems in the year 2016. Due to the insufficiency of the product in maintaining the company’s integrity and be the viable product of the company, the company discontinued the project. Therefore Freeway is no more in use now. Originally, Freeway was designed to work on WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor with drag and drop facility and capable of creating responsive websites.
17. Microsoft Expression Web – Free Web Design Software
Microsoft Expression Web is an HTML editor and web design tool by Microsoft. Currently, it is a discontinued (by discontinued mean no updations and addition are being done in the software. But, the last version is still available and still working normally as it was the component of Microsoft and which is why it is freely available now. It has WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.
18. Artisteer (Paid)
To create your own blog themes and website templates, you can choose Artisteer. It is another web design software that lets you create your website with minimum efforts and having maximum effect. You can export your created content to Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Blogger or DotNetNuke easily. No requirement of specific technical skills with automated WYSIWYG editor. Artisteer does not create a fully functional website rather it creates Web Templates. These templates integrate with a web application or export to the CMS.
19. KompoZer – Free web design software
KompoZer is an easy web authoring system with simple WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web editor. Toggling between WYSIWYG editor and HTML is quite easy and gives you the desired results. KompoZer is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac. Currently, it is discontinued by it’s manufacturing company SourceForge.
What’s Your Pick for Web Design Software ?
The above-mentioned list of best Web Design Software is really helpful in designing a website. You have a huge variety of tools to choose from. As per the list, web design software like Adobe Dreamweaver can be a great help if you want to code by yourself. On the other hand, a Fully automated web design software like WEPS is another great help for a novice as it gives you a complete automated platform to work without writing any code.
But if you are to create a website from scratch then TemplateToaster should be your choice. It gives you the authority to create your own website with amazing features that gives you a fully professional website with your own personal touch and customizations.
That’s all from our side, do let us know in the comments below which web design software you chose and your experiences about the same.