Website Builders |List of Best Free & Paid(2018)
If you started a new business and do not have much budget and choosing the best option to build a website , then affordable website builders what you should be going with. And I will help you to select the website builders to create a website or make a website.
Having your own site is like creating a solid online store or presence and for promoting a business . You can design your own professional website even if you are beginner, in a few minutes with the website builders.
And being skeptical while choosing site maker is a natural thing. So, don’t worry.
I have curated a list of 6 best website builders for you.Whether you are writers, photographers, dentists, doctors or small business owners and so on every one need website and these website builders build site in less time and without coding fuss. Here, I have list out these website builders so that even if you are beginner you don’t have to face any obstacle and it becomes easy for you to pick the best website builder for your business. But wait! Before we move further, for all those who are still struggling understanding that what a website builder is, and how helpful are these for the business.
Here is a quick and easy access to the topics, so you can directly jump over the desired topic in this full-fledged list of website builders.
- What is a Website Builder?
- How Website Builders works?
- List of the Best Free Website Builders of 2018
- 5 Best Website Builders Comparison Chart
- Which is the best for creating a website from scratch in all website builders?
What is a Website Builder?
Website builder is a tool which is the best alternative to replace the manual code editing. Website builders set you free from having the basic knowledge of code and design, you can simply use pre-designed templates to set up a websites. You can call them website builder, maker or creator. After making a site you can check speed of your site with free website speed test tools and know more about website optimization.
How do these Website Builders works?
Metaphorically speaking, earlier before the development of smartphone, you needed a laptop or a PC to send an email. But with the advancement of the smartphone, you can easily send an email without any delay.
That’s exactly how a site builders work. They let you design a professional website in minutes without editing any code.
So, without much ado, let’s begin with the list and evaluate all 6 site builders to make professional websites one by one.
How many types of Website builders?
Website builders are of two types
Online Website Builders: Online website builders need internet connection. They are web based and doesn’t need to be installed on your computer. You have to sign up with web Hosting company.
Offline website builders: Offline website builders are good choice for professional web designers as well as for beginners. they are more easy to use, flexible and no coding skills are required. You need to download these website builders and work offline. No internet connection is required. These website builders provide more features.
List of the Best Website Builders
Best Website builders 2018 (Comparison)
|Price||$12.50/month||$12.00/month||$16.00/month||$49/One time purchase||$14/month||Free but Extensions are paid($175)|
|Free Trial||14 days trial||14 days trial||No trial||Unlimited trials||30 days trial||N/A|
|Pre-Built Design||500+ pre-made templates||50+ themes||60+ templates||600+ templates||100+ templates||10 sets of themes|
|CMS Support||No||Doesn’t support any third party CMS||Doesn’t support||Support almost all CMSs||Doesn’t support third party CMS||No|
|Ease of use||Easy to use||Easy to use||Not much intuitive||Easy to use||Simple to use||Simple to use|
|Design from Scratch||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Multilingual||Yes||Yes, with additional charges||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Best Website Builders Reviewed in detail
1. Wix ($12.50/month)
Wix is one of the best website builder. It is the most widely used site builder that comes with the variety of plans and features. It is a perfect choice for both a newbie or professionals.
Pros of Wix drag and drop website builder
- Wix has over 500 designer-made professional templates to offer you. And all these templates are highly customizable to fit into your needs.
- Wix has the most intuitive drag and drop interface among all the other website builders present in the digital world.
- It has introduced the all-new concept of ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). ADI helps newbie’s to design their websites with ease.
- With this ADI technique, they learn about you by asking a few questions in form of a combination of images, texts, layouts etc. And after gathering all the necessary and adequate information, they deliver a great sites as per your needs.
- It also offers some great plans with some finite storage space and bandwidth but with Wix branding.
- Websites designed with Wix is SSL certified and not require an external security certificate.
- Delivers a complete SEO friendly websites.
- Easy Sign Up and Activation processes.
Cons of Wix drag and drop website builder
- No online chat feature is available.
- It not include an email account and that will cost you extra $5.
- Creating a multilingual site can be a bit tedious task.
- The price can be an issue for some.
2. Weebly ($12.00/month)
Weebly holds an important place in the site building world. The intuitive drag and drop interface is a big plus. There are numerous pre-built templates to choose from. You can easily get a corresponding template for your business. Weebly is unarguably the simplest of all. I believe it is a great option for not so tech savvy.
Pros of Weebly powerful website builder
- The paid versions are comparatively cheaper.
- Quick Sign Up and Activation.
- It’s an ad-free (only in Starter, Pro, and Business. Whereas, Weebly ads will be constantly shown).
- Variety of beautiful templates under different categories such as Featured, Online Store, Business, Portfolio, Personal, Event, Blog.
- It is flexible site builder. And the drag and drop options makes it even more enticing.
- The customization in pre-built templates are built without taking much of efforts.
Cons of Weebly powerful website builder
- No option to live chat.
- You will constantly see the Weebly ads.
- Phone support is available only for Pro Plan customers.
3. Squarespace ($16.00)
Squarespace is a highly sophisticated website builder. You will get sleek, elegant, and contemporary theme with Squarespace. Squarespace is the most comprehensive choice to work with.
Pros of Squarespace responsive website builder
- Squarespace is an easy to use and the best fit for beginners. The drag and drop technique makes it even simpler to use.
- This site creator offers you dozens of beautiful templates under various categories such as Wedding, Travel, Music, Photography, Fashion & Beauty, Food & Drinks etc.
- sites made with Squarespace are fully SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized.
- The templates you create with Squarespace are fully responsive, which means they will look perfect on every device they will be viewed on.
- This site builder is fully hosted, therefore, your site will always be updated with Squarespace.
- You can anytime improve your version and can have an access to various other upgraded features.
Cons of Squarespace responsive website builder
- It has a 14 days trial offer and once you are satisfied, you can buy that start from the $12 and $18 per year for Personal and Business respectively.
- And in case you want an online store its $26 and $40 for Basic and Advanced versions respectively.
- site maker is a little expensive than Wix and Weebly.
- It gets tedious to work with a editor.
4. TemplateToaster ($49/one time purchase)
TemplateToaster gives you the freedom to work with all major CMSs. The highly intuitive interface with drag and drop facility makes it even simpler. It has made the process of website creation pretty simple by breaking down the complicated tasks into the simpler once that one can easily achieve a professional sites in no time without any manual coding. You can create Professional themes and templates with this website builder.
Pros of Templatetoaster website builder software
- TemplateToaster is a brilliant that comes with hundreds of pre-built templates to employ and lets you customize them as per your needs.
- The intuitive drag and drop interface gives you a seamless experience.
- It is a desktop-based website builder software, which means you can download it on your computer and work on it.
- The biggest advantage of website builder software is that it is an offline website builder that means you do not require an active internet connection all the time. You can easily work offline.
- Though it is premium, features you get in the pro version are worth paying for in order to construct and maintain a stunning site.
- Its driven websites are multilingual compatible.
Cons of TemplateToaster website builder software
- As it is a desktop-based software so, in order to use it, you first need to download and install it on your local machine.
- You are required to update the web design software for the better experience.
5. Duda ($14/month)
Duda is another powerful website builder available. It is more focused towards the mobile. The simple arrangements, drag and drop editor, and various layout categories are all that makes it a good choice to look forward to.
Pros of Duda website builder
- Duda provides you a multilingual feature. It offers 55+ languages.
- Duda has 30 payment alternatives and some are country specific.
- It is magical when it comes to creating a mobile website.
- All the Duda sites are SEO optimized.
- You get a completely mobile-friendly dashboard which lets you edit your site on the go.
- RSS will be added automatically.
Cons of Duda website builder
- You won’t find any third party plugins with Duda.
- The live chat and phone services are only available for 18 hours a day only.
- If you wish to add a domain name to your site then you will have to spend some extra amount.
- Duda doesn’t allow you to port site to another host.
6. Mobirise (Free, Extensions are Paid)
Mobirise is another strong addition to the software-based website builders category. This is an offline app available for Mac and Windows only.
Pros of Mobirise website builder software
- Mobirise is a powerful offline app for creating a beautiful and fully functional site.
- You don’t have to spend even a single penny to use it.
- Features like drag and drop interface and easy content editing make it more desirable.
- A huge collection of pre-made blocks around 800+ in various themes.
- All the sites made with Mobirise are mobile-friendly
Cons of Mobirise website builder software
- Mobirise is an offline app and you have to download and install it on your computer before you can start using it.
- You need to update this app time to time to make beauitfull websites.
- It is only available for Windows and Mac and can’t be downloaded on any other platform.
- No templates to offer that you can work with from the scratch.
Bonus website builders
7. Jimdo (Free & Paid)
Jimdo is one of the simple yet intuitive website builders. It offers you excellent uptime and load time. Jimdo comes in three variations Free, Pro, Business. The basic version includes the basic features only whereas, the Pro and the Business versions include the full features of the Jimdo.
Pros of Jimdo online website builder
- It is one of the simple and intuitive site builders.
- Its plans are quite cheaper as compared to the other site builders.
- The Pro version and the Business version is available for $6.06 and $18.19 respectively.
- It only takes 30 minutes up and running a site .
- Monitoring site’s traffic is quite easy with Jimdo with built-in statistic.
- Good option to built an online store with site creator.
- In the pro versions you will get a domain without paying for the first year.
Cons of Jimdo online website builder
- It has only 17 templates to offer you. And if you want to access many more then you will have to sign in first then you can make websites.
- With Jimdo you will get a Jimdo subdomain “.jimdo.free.com”.
- Built-in image editor feature is missing.
8. Yola (Free & Paid)
Yola has managed to make in this best site creators list. It is very flexible to use. Yola has various plans to offer, starting from basic to Gold having basic to advanced features respectively.
Pros of Yola online website builder
- The starting price for the higher plans is quite cheap i.e. $4.95, $9.95, and $19.95 per month for Bronze, Silver, and Gold respectively.
- Yola is one of the well-structured among all.
- It can Sign Up and Activate Yola.
- You will get 24/7 support with quite explanatory tutorials.
Cons of Yola online website builder
- Yola is a good option to design a simple and flat site because it doesn’t have much to do with its navigation.
- Very limited templates and very good quality.
- No chat help only email and telephone.
- One of the major drawbacks of most of the site makers is that if you need an account then you will have to pay some extra money. And same is the case with Yola.
- With basic version you will get a Yola subdomain for creating websites.
9. GoDaddy (Paid)
GoDaddy is unquestionably the real Daddy of web industry. When one thinks of web hosting and domain registration, then GoDaddy is the first and the foremost choice anyone could think of. Also, it provides you the facility to design a website with them.
Pros of GoDaddy website builder
- GoDaddy offers a very simple and well-structured editor to work with for designing websites.
- You will get the responsive layouts.
- Provides you one-click installation.
- Designing a website and getting live is pretty simple.
- Hundreds of themes and templates to choose from
Cons of GoDaddy website builder
- Getting an eCommerce website with GoDaddy is quite expensive.
- Only 14 days trial period.
- Switching between themes is not allowed.
- Doesn’t offer a password protection functionality.
- Websites made with GoDaddy are not much appealing as made by other site builders.
10. BigRock (Paid)
BigRock is another big and reliable name when it comes to web hosting. BigRock also provides you the facility to make a site with them with quite great features.
Pros of BigRock website builder
- BigRock has hundreds of themes to choose from.
- You will get help in the form of live chat, phone call, and email.
- Website builder has easy to build drag and drop editor.
- You can go live in minutes.
- Free demos of themes with a good explanation.
- BigRock has different plan Basic, Simple, Business, and Premium which varies in price. And you can also subscribe for one year, two year, five years, and ten years in one go.
Cons of BigRock website builder
- No trail plan.
- No free WHOIS privacy is available with BigRock.
- Customer support is available from 9 AM to 8 PM. They claim it to be 24/7 but it is only available for 11 working hours of the day.
Which is the best for making a website from scratch among all website builders?
Most of them let you to work with the pre-built templates or themes. However, these templates do offer customizations. But the freedom to start from scratch comes with TemplateToaster, Wix, and Duda. You will be overwhelmed with the level of satisfaction once you get working with TemplateToaster website builder to build your websites
Which Website builders you use?
So, these were some of the cherry-picked website builders that I feel are the best as per my experience and knowledge. And I am sure by now whatever doubts you have about the site builders would have become clear.
If you are the one who is thinking to have websites and still not able to pick one from the given options, I would suggest you go with TemplateToaster. You would be pleased with the kind of service and the features it provide for creating a websites.
Just drop your queries in the comments below and I assure you a sincere reply as soon as possible. Thanks for reading !!!
Website Builders in nutshell
In nutshell, website builders are really big help to beginners, website designers, developers as with the help of website builders you can make website easily in less time. Beginners can make professional website without knowing coding.