10 Best Data Recovery Software Compared (2020)
You must store your data on your desktops, laptops, tabs, hard drives, SD cards, flash drives etc. all these devices are not 100% reliable and can crash anytime. However, there are some Data Recovery Software that can help you restore your lost data. Losing digital data is just as easy as recovery of that data. Don’t believe me? Here is a list of the best Data recovery software that can prove my point.
List of the best Data Recovery Software
- Stellar Data Recovery
- Disk Drill
Before we get started, I want to suggest to you this offline website builder that can help you create your own website even without a stable internet connection. Moreover, the ready-to-use free templates makes the entire website building experience even easier and better. Some of the best Data Recovery Software are compared and reviewed as follows-
Best Data Recovery Software (Review)
1. EaseUS – best data recovery software
EaseUS data recovery software is a popular software for Windows and Mac. The software offers a relatively accessible and easier data recovery process. There are no multi-layer menus and lengthy manuals involved. Moreover, the entire process is easy, all you need to do is select a location to scan and wait for the software to find your files. Furthermore, the data recovery wizard is available for free. In case, you are on a tight budget, you can get the monthly subscription of the pro version for just $69.95 a month. However, we’d recommend you to get the lifetime license for just $149.95 to experience unlimited free upgrades.
- Simple and accessible data recovery process
- Can recover images, videos, audios, emails, text files, and more.
- Supports a wide range of files including Fat, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, and more.
- Offers recovery after deletion, partition losses, formatting errors, OS crashes, virus attacks, and more.
- Can recover data from various device types including laptop, pen drive, hard drive, PC, Digital camera, video player, etc.
- Offers a free version with a handful of essential features.
- Supports more than 20 languages and is translation-ready.
- Provides both quick scan and Deep scan.
- Reliable data recovery performance
- Filter deleted files accordingly
- Simple and accessible data recovery
- Displays remaining scan time inaccurately
Recuva is a simple, no-nonsense data recovery provider that gets the job done. It may not offer one of the most appealing and intuitive user interfaces. However, users often appreciate its powerful scanning features and low CPU consumption. They offer advanced features at affordable prices. Moreover, it offers both a deep and quick scan option. Considering it just offers data recovery service, its pricing structure is pretty easy to understand. Basically, if you are looking for a platform that can precisely recover data for you, then Recuva is the best suitable option for you.
- Offers a simple, no-nonsense data recovery provider that gets the job done.
- Known for its powerful scanning features and low CPU consumption.
- Can recover deleted emails easily.
- Users can use this software to recover deleted iPod music files.
- Offers permanent and 100% safe file deletion that erase the traces of deleted files.
- Can perform both deep and quick scans
- Offers a free version
- Can also help you restore unsaved word documents
- Affordable plans
- Quick and deep scans
- No-nonsense and simple user interface
- Limited features
3. MiniTool Data Recovery Software
MiniTool Data Recovery Software offers 5 main modules and one of them is ‘undelete recovery’, which attempts to recover deleted files. Then there’s ‘Digital media recovery’ that attempts to put right the SD cards or other drives that have gone bad. Third one is ‘Lost partition recovery’ that looks after your boot records in case your partitions have gone missing. Fourth one is ‘damaged partition recovery’ that pulls data off otherwise uncooperative drives. Last but not the least, there’s ‘CD/DVD recovery’ that can pull data off an optical media.
- Can recover deleted files using undelete recovery module.
- Offers ‘Digital media recovery’ that attempts to put right the SD cards or other drives that have gone bad.
- Provides ‘Lost partition recovery’ module that looks after your boot records in case your partitions have gone missing
- Can pull data off otherwise uncooperative drives using ‘damaged partition recovery’ module.
- Offers ‘CD/DVD recovery’ that can pull data off an optical media.
- Straightforward modules make it easier for the user to get straight to the job.
- There is no limit on the Max file size.
- Also offers Android data recovery
- Straightforward tool to recover data
- Works with SD cards, CDs, DVDs, and other devices
- Offers unlimited max file size
- Slow with large drives
4. Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most popular data recovery software available for individuals as well as business. It is popular for all the good reasons like several scan options, easy recovery process, and more. In fact, it allows users to tailor the scan for the type of data loss that has occurred. Moreover, the platform comes with advanced search capabilities to allow users to identify and extract the most critical data easily. Furthermore, Steller offers support for all file formats and drives including memory cards, flash drives, hard drives and even optical media like CDs and DVDs. Its advanced features can be a bit pricey but they serve the purpose, so they’re worth it.
- Offers several scan options that allows users to tailor the scan for the type of data loss that has occurred.
- Provides support for a wide range of file formats.
- Comes with advanced search options that allow users to identify and extract the most critical data easily.
- Provides support for various drives including memory cards, flash drives, hard drives and even optical media like CDs and DVDs.
- Offers 6 different affordable and flexible plans to suit various requirements.
- Works with various devices like DSLR, digicam, drone, surveillance camera, and mobile phone for video recovery.
- Can work with Mac or iPhone to recover deleted audio, video, images, messages, calendar, call history, contacts, and more.
- Offers a free download and a 30-day money-back guarantee for licensed products.
- Offers quick and deep scan options
- Advanced search capabilities
- Recovers data from full range of devices
- Slow deep scans
5. Disk Drill
Disk Drill can recover the files on Mac and Windows. It was formerly known as Pandora recovery which became Disk Drill with some additional features. It offers some quality features that can help you recover archived, hidden, and compressed/encrypted files. With the free version, it allows recovering 500MB for free for Windows only. Moreover, recover deleted audio, video, images, messages, calendar, call history, contacts, and more.
- Offers recovery of archived, hidden, and compressed/encrypted files.
- Can recover a wide range of file formats including FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT4, etc.
- Recover deleted audio, video, images, messages, calendar, call history, contacts, and more.
- Offers recovery of any undamaged storage device
- The intuitive interface allows users with generic computer knowledge to recover their files quickly.
- Offers additional data protection tools for free to recover recently deleted files quickly.
- Allows users to create byte-level backup of a file
- Its deep scan can reconstruct lost files from bits and pieces left on the storage media.
- Intuitive user interface
- Advanced features
- Exceptional deep scan feature
- It is a bit pricey
Bonus Data Recovery Software
Recoverit is a comprehensive data recovery solution that can recover data from SD cards, computer disks, flash drives, and more. The fact that it can preview files before recovery makes it stand out of the rest. It has a comprehensive 3-step data recovery process that includes select, scan, and preview the recovered files to get them back. It supports over 1000 file formats and can recover images, videos, audios, emails, documents, and more. Furthermore, they offer a rock solid customer assistance 24×7. Some of its key features are-
- Can recover deeply hidden videos
- Rescue the data from a crashed PC
- Repairs multiple files at a time
7. SysTweak: Data Recovery Tool to Restore Deleted Files
Advanced Disk Recovery from SysTweak offers quick recovery of deleted, formatted or lost data. It can recover the data from PC, USB, hard drive, USB, SD card, and more. It can help you retrieve a wide range of file types including images, videos, audios, documents, and more. The fact that it offers a hassle-free solution makes it deserving of a spot on the list. However, it offers a handful of features only to keep the recovery process safe and hassle-free. Moreover, all the deleted data is recovered without overwriting the original data. Some of its key features are-
- Offers filters to restore files accordingly
- Provides compatibility with all types of file formats
- Can recover files and folders in case accidental formatting too
8. Glary Undelete
Glary Undelete is one of the most smart data recovery software. Just like other software in the list, it supports a wide range of file systems including FAT, NTFS, NTFS + EFS. Moreover, it can recover compressed, encrypted, and fragmented files on NTFS. furthermore, users can filter the recoverable files by file name, size, date, recovery date, etc. Some of its key features are-
- Supports Wide formats
- Offers filtered results
- Works on removable media
9. Wise Cleaner Data Recovery
Wise Cleaner Data Recovery offers an easy-to-use data recovery software. Considering it doesn’t have a wizard-led interface, it effectively eliminates complicated configuration settings and makes it easier to get started with. All you need to do is select the drive you want to ‘scan’ and it will track down the recoverable data for you. In fact, you can also use Keywords to search for recoverable files, which eliminates the need for you to wade throughout the entire list of results. Furthermore, you can recover individual files or entire folders at once. However, selecting numerous files in several locations means performing several operations. Some of its key features are-
- Data quality indicators
- Clean and easy to use interface
- Convenient filters
PhotoRec can recover data from accidentally deleted files. It offers a command line interface with a GUI for non-technical users as well. The reason it is in the bonus list is because its interface lacks the ease. However, it effectively gets the job done by recovering the lost files. Moreover, it is a cross-platform software that can be run as a portable app from a USB stick. Some of its key features are-
- Recovers files effectively
- Cross-platform software
- Offers a GUI for beginners
Best data recovery software – Conclusion
Data Recovery Software is a life saver when you end up losing important data. They are the most useful and underrated tools that can save a lot of trouble. Here is your list of some of the best Data Recovery Software compared and reviewed. In the article, I have also mentioned their features, pros, and cons to make it easier for you to analyze them according to your requirements. Also, checkout our blog for more informative articles. Or you can also subscribe to us for regular updates.
Hopefully, this article helps you select the right Data Recovery Software. I’d love to hear about your experience in the following comments!
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now