Are you still using the Default WordPress Editor?
The power of WordPress to make website creation convenient cannot be discounted. The number one website platform in the world can turn practically any person into a website developer in just a few clicks. Aside from fairly simple instructions on installing and configuring WordPress, website owners can take advantage of the different plugins available to help enhance the functionality of the framework.
Ease in writing with the WordPress Visual Editor: One of the best features of WordPress is its user-friendly interface, and this is evident in the Visual Editor panel. Whenever you want to add new content or edit existing posts or pages, the default WordPress Visual Editor can already carry out basic formatting and structural requirements to create a fantastic article.
The success of the WordPress Editor may be attributed to two things:
- You don’t need to know coding in order to generate new content.
- The editor interface is easy to understand if you are used to word processing software such as Microsoft Word.
For anyone new in WordPress site maintenance, the WYSIWYG Editor may already be enough to produce good content. However, for the more discriminating website owner, there might be a need to improve or upgrade the existing WordPress Editor.
WordPress Editor Plugins to the Rescue: If you’re looking to enhance the way you write blog posts or pages using WordPress, here are some of the best and most popular WordPress Editor plugins that may be worth your while:
TinyMCE Advance plugin add lots of additional functionality and enables you to add, delete and arrange buttons that are visible on the Visual Editor Toolbar. You are allowed to configure up to four rows of buttons, which include text and background colors, font family, and font size. It also comes with 15 other plugins that can be automatically enabled or disabled, depending on the buttons that you have chosen to use.
- Has the ability to customize font family and font size
- Provides support for creating and editing tables
- Provides options when inserting lists
TemplateToaster WordPress website builder offer highly advance content editor to design and align WordPress content professionally. Using this software you can design your WordPress Theme and add the content while designing. Once your install your new WordPress Theme you can import the content to your live WP website or blog. In this software you’ll find hundreds of very advance options to design your content and theme.
- Responsive Content Design
- All Standard Editor Options
- Add contact form option
- Option to add Bootstrap Buttons
- Option to add and modify Tables
- Redo/undo option
WP Edit plugin provides additional editing functionality to the default WordPress editor. It adds new buttons, extended formatting abilities and additional options to the existing content editor.
Using the WP Edit plugin enables you to create webpages like a pro. The drag-and-drop functionality is what makes it more interesting to use, as it has the ability to add more formatting buttons to satisfy your needs.
- Has the ability to create tables using Graphical Interface
- No need to learn HTML and CSS
- Easy insertion of images, media, YouTube videos and clip art
- Makes use of short codes to insert columns
WP Editor plugin replaces the default plugin, theme editors and page/post editor. By integrating FancyBox and Code Mirror into the WP Editor, it enhances WordPress editing file capabilities. This plugin aims to provide speed and reliability.
- Line Wrapping
- Line Numbers
- Fullscreen Editing
- Eight Editor theme with Syntax highlighting
- Code Mirror
- Allowed Extensions list
- AJAX File Browser
- Text Search
- FancyBox for image viewing
- Easy-to-use Settings Section
Zedity is available in either Free or Premium version.
TinyWYM Editor plugin was developed to help non-technical WordPress users create a better site by avoiding some of the problems that the standard WYSIWYG editor of WordPress has. TinyWYM editor provides the more experienced users with absolute control of the text editor without having to leave the visual editor.
TinyWYM Editor can add attributes, create and edit HTML elements, and wrap and unwrap elements from the Visual Editor.
Bonus WordPress Editor Plugins: The following plugins may not be directly connected to the WordPress Visual Editor, but they can also enhance the way you place content on your website.
WP Editor Widget
WP Editor Widget plugin provides ease in adding a rich text widget where content may be edited using the existing WordPress Editor. The plugin does not affect the default WordPress Editor, but instead replicates its functions onto the sidebar.
Once you have installed the WP Editor Widget, go to Appearance > Widgets. You should be able to see a new widget called “Rich Text”. Drag that widget onto the sidebar or widget area where you want it to appear.
To add or edit content in this widget, click on “Edit content” in the widget pane. The familiar WordPress Editor panel will pop out, so that you can use the default WordPress formatting options to customize the content of the widget. In other words, you’re getting a WordPress Visual Editor for widgets!
Custom Post Widget
The Custom Post Widget allows you to display the contents of a specific custom post in a widget in the content area using a short code. This plugin makes use of the WYSIWYG editor to add and edit content. The plugin does this by using the “content_block” custom post type, from which you can decide whether to put a title or a description. This content block may be added in either a widget area or the main content.
To use the new functionality, you may choose from any of these options:
- The plugin automatically adds a new custom post type. On the Admin Dashboard, go to Content Blocks > Add Content Block. From there, you can add content to the block.
- You may add the content block as a widget. Go to Appearance > Widgets, and you should be able to see the “Content Block” widget. Drag the widget onto a sidebar or widget area, and then choose which content block you would want to use. Click “Edit Content Block” if you wish to change some of the content. Click “Save” once you’re satisfied with the widget.
- Add the content block through the WordPress Visual Editor, by clicking the button “Add Content Block” located beside the “Add Media” button.
Design WordPress Themes with an advance Editor in minutes using TemplateToaster website builder
I hope this article has given you an idea on how to enhance your content generation experience in WordPress, so that you can enjoy this awesome website framework further.