React vs Angular Comparison 2021: Speed, Flexibility, Testing, Architecture
Coding has been the backbone of the IT industry since a long time. As the technology advanced and the requirements increased, there has been a significant improvement in coding and its style.
For all those who are short on time and want to directly jump to a particular topic, you can easily do that. Here is a navigational table for Angular vs React comparison.
React vs Angular: Overview
Considering Basics in React vs Angular – Introduction
Backing Community and Initial Release
Google along with individual developers is the backing community of Angular JS while Facebook and individual developers are backing React. Angular JS made its initial release on October 20, 2010, whereas React was released on May 29, 2013 as its first version.
React vs Angular: Comparison Table (2021)
1. React vs Angular: What is their Architectural Analysis?
Angular basically works on MVC pattern where Model, View and Controller are three different parts of the Code. However, its flexibility with different architectures has lead to the acronym MVW(Model View Whatever) as well to it.
On the other side, in the architecture of React, since it is a library, therefore it is just the “View” part in MVC. So, to set a proper architecture developers generally use Flux or Redux with it.
2. React vs Angular: Which is easy to Learn and use?
Learning Curve of Angular is considered to be steeper than that of React, and hence difficult to learn. This is due to obvious reasons which we have discussed. React is just a library and therefore easy to learn, whereas Angular is a full fledged framework. React, due to its learning ease provides more flexibility to its developers. However, Angular still rules the developers world by having the backing of Google and community developers. Angular itself being a complete package is one of the main reasons behind that. Its steep learning is a boon in disguise. Obviously a complete package takes more time to be learnt, but then you do not have to wander anywhere else.
3. React vs Angular: Which one is an ideal choice for you?
As I discussed in the beginning of the article, Yes! there is a great fuss among the developers regarding what to choose before starting their project or work. Here we unveil some points, let us see :-
Pros of Angular
- As discussed earlier, it comes with a complete package, no extra downloads to be done until you need some very special feature or you want to make some other additional implementations.
- So this basically implies that in all the cases when you want to code less or avoid a hassle, Angular can be the best choice for you.
- Based on MVC as a primary architecture, programming in Angular is in a modular way. This makes your code easily manageable. The simplified MVC architecture also results in reduced page loading time.
Pros of React
- Unlike Angular, React is a library, Remember? Yes, and this is a fact from where its first advantage while comparing Angular vs React comes. Being a library, React has lesser development size than that of Angular.
- React provides much better flexibility than Angular since it is a library. You do not have to work in a set pattern in React. You can add up any library that you like according to your own requirement.
- React is generally referred to be the “View” part of the MVC architecture. With accordance to its flexibility as mentioned above, it can be used along with Flux architecture or Redux library to achieve remarkable performance and results.
4. React vs Angular: Which has better Performance and Speed?
The next worth comparing and important criteria in React vs Angular is the performance. For analyzing the performance we take into account various factors. One of them is the DOM or the Document Object Model. Angular uses direct DOM rendering whereas React uses a virtual DOM. A virtual DOM is kind of a copy of the real DOM only. Now here lies the catch. The real DOM needs not to be re-rendered every time some changes are made. Instead, the virtual DOM keeps all changes mapped. Once all the changes to the virtual DOM are finalized, then the complete rendering of real DOM takes place.
The way DOM works in both the cases, is a very deciding factor in the performance. A Single final rendering in React, instead of multiple rendering after every change in Angular, gives an upper edge to React in the terms of performance and speed. React performance hence improves multiple times than that of Angular.
5. React vs Angular: Which has more Popularity?
Here I am going to discuss few points regarding the popularity of Angular vs React. As we proceed towards the end of this article, I will also be enlisting some of the major firms and organizations with respect to Angular vs React.
Talking about the popularity, both the tools are giving neck to neck competition to each other in the current market. Angular has been leading the web development market since a long time but lately React has started giving a good competition to Angular by its features such as React Fiber – which will be making React even faster.
Some major firms/companies using Angular Framework are :-
Some major firms/companies using React Library are :-
6. React vs Angular: Testing
Coming to the testing part in React, Testing of React apps can be done through various tools such as Enzyme, Jest, skin-deep testing etc. User is free to explore the options for testing of React apps. Jest+Enzyme is one of the most used and popular methods of React testing.
7. How to Choose between Angular vs React?
Most of the times the website building is started from scratch, following a Framework or a Library such as Angular or React. But sometimes you might have a situation of a lesser amount of time. Building from scratch is not a smart decision then. TemplateToaster a robust and efficient offline website builder proves to be of much use then. With simple drags and drops, you can build a few fledged website in a seamless manner.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now