7 Best WordPress Backup Plugins (2020)
Why are WordPress Backup Plugins important ?
WordPress backup plugins are important,What if the server on which you have deployed your website crashes due to any technical or non-technical issue. Even you might accidentally delete some important data or the entire website. What if your website falls victim of a cyber-attack. Imagine your client’s data saved in the database is erased. Today, we have many advanced security systems to prevent websites from different types of technical threats. However, these security systems cannot protect the server from fire, earthquake, flood etc. If you regularly take the backup of your website, no worries. And, if you don’t, there is no way for you to recover the lost data. Breathe easy if you think that you have to invest time in taking backup of your website, especially if your website is created using tools like WordPress. Just download, install and activate a reliable WordPress backup plugins and sit back. Even if things go wrong with your website, you can recover the data using WordPress backup plugins. Here at TemplateToaster WordPress theme builder, i have both free and premium plugins for backup and recovery can be downloaded from WordPress.org. You can even find WordPress backup plugins useful in both backup and recovery of the website.
Here is list of the Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- WordPress Backup to Dropbox
Best WordPress Backup Plugins in detail (Review)
1. UpDraftPlus – best WordPress Backup plugin
UpDraftPlus is a secure, fast and easy to use plugin which can be used for both backup and restoration of database and/or website files with one click. It also lets you to set the maximum number of backups you want to keep. You can also keep an eye on the memory occupied by the this plugin. It allows you to include or exclude plugins, themes, uploads and any directory in wp-content folder in the backup. Apart from allowing you to create backup manually, it also enables you to schedule backup. You can opt for Amazon S3, Google Drive, Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud, or DreamObject for cloud storage. Moreover, you can also store backup in a server using FTP transfer. A good reason for counting on this plugin is the security. It uses its own SSL certificates for ensuring that the backup is being stored in the real Amazon S3, Google drive or other cloud storage. However, you can disable SSL certificates of this plugin.
- It is a highly developer-friendly tool.
- Backup WordPress files and database.
- Basic email reporting feature.
- Browse backup content in WordPress.
- It’s responsive and mobile-ready.
- Multilingual support.
- Scheduled backups.
- No multisite support.
- No fixed backup time.
- Missing advanced reporting feature.
- BlogVault is easy to install and setup.
- Website management.
- Integrated free staging.
- Flawless migration.
- Compatible with 5,000+ web hosts.
- Auto- restore.
- Incremental backups.
- It offers you customized WooCommerce backups.
- It lets you manage multiple sites with ease.
- 24/7 data protection.
- 365 days of backup history.
- Daily malware scans.
- It comes with an in-built firewall.
- It has a little confusing pricing structure.
- You might find it a little challenging to handle multiple sites at a time.
3. Blodgrid backup
- It provides clean backups.
- Simply automated backups.
- It allows you to create manual backups at any time.
- You can store the backups via Amazon S3, Google Drive.
- Update history.
- It works perfectly with an automatic backup feature.
- You have the privilege to create manual backups.
- It monitors your site for errors constantly.
- You can build only one site.
- It doesn’t have premium support in the free version.
- It provides you constant updates for better results.
- A large amount of data be stored.
- It offers you a remote access dashboard for data management.
- It automatically creates backups.
- It offers you support for multiple different Software as a Service application.
- Amazing reporting abilities to access data quality.
- No free trial.
- Not compatible with all web hosts.
- It provides you daily scans for dangerous files.
- Browsing history is really simple.
- Simple restore and backup options.
- 30-day backup archive.
- Easy site-migration.
- You will receive an email if there’s any dangerous file is detected.
- Easy suspicious code detection.
- Amazing real-time and daily backups.
- You will have avail the Jetpack’s premium plan.
- It costs an additional $3.50/yearly.
WP-DB-BACKUP is one of the most downloaded plugins for WordPress database backup. As the name says, this plugin creates the backup of database only. However, it allows the user to include selected tables in the backup. Just check the checkbox next to the table name you want to include and take the backup just with one click. Backup of selected tables or the entire database can be created manually or it can be scheduled.
Active Installs: 500,000+
Compatible up to: 4.2.5
BackUpWordPress is another powerful plugin available for fast and automatic backup of a WordPress website. The WordPress administrator can take the backup of files only, database only or both files & database. It also allows WordPress user to set start day and time for backup. Backup created by this plugin occupies very less memory and you can also limit the number of backups you want to keep. Moreover, it also allows you to exclude files you do not want to keep in the backup. Once backup is completed, it sends the backup file via email if its size is less than 10MB.
Active Installs: 200,000+
Compatible up to: 4.4
8. BackWPup Free – WordPress Backup Plugin
BackWPup plugin creates backup of the entire WordPress installation including content folder. You can create backup of database, files, WordPress XML export and installed plugins in Zip, Tar, Tar Gzip and Tar BZip2 formats. You can store backup file in your own computer, FTP server, Microsoft Azure, email, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace etc. Backup can be manual or scheduled. If you want some database tables or files not to be included in the backup, this can be done by checking the checkbox next to the table or file name.
Active Installs: 400,000+
Compatible up to: 4.3.1
9. XCloner – Backup and restore WordPress Plugin
XCloner plugin is useful for backup and restoration of both database and website files. This plugin having user-friendly interface works with both WordPress and Joomla. It is specially designed for generating custom backups of LAMP websites using custom admin inputs. Moreover, it also comes with automatic restore script which enables the user to restore the data at any location. It makes use of open source TAR and MySQL formats. Therefore, the backup of your data can be restored in different ways. This powerful plugin can create custom backups and restore any PHP/MySQL application.
Active Installs: 70,000+
Compatible up to: 4.2.5
10. WordPress Backup to Dropbox
WordPress Backup to Dropbox plugin, one can easily create backup of website files and database, and store it in the Dropbox. All you need is this plugin installed and activated in your WordPress installation and a Dropbox account. In your Dropbox account, you can store up to 2GB free of cost. It allows you to set day and time for backup. You can leave everything on this plugin as it creates and stores backup automatically.
Active installs: 100,000+
Compatible up to : 4.3.1
11. Duplicator -Backup copy clone
It is one of the top-rated plugins you can download free of cost for WordPress website backup. However, this is not the only purpose it serves. This powerful plugin is also useful in cloning a website in simple steps. Migrating a WordPress website manually is always a tough and time consuming job. With Duplicator, you can achieve this automatically. Here, it is important for you to know that there is a need of above average technical knowledge for using this plugin. Moreover, it does not provide you with the facility to restore the backup. It might have some issues with large websites. You have to create backup manually; it cannot be scheduled. That is the reason why it is placed at the seventh position in this post.
Active Installs: 600,000+
Compatible up to:4.3.1
Which WordPress plugin you use to backup your site ?
Selection of a plugin depends on the size of your website, frequency of the backup, location at which you want to keep the backup, size and format of the backup file, and a few other factors. UpDraftPlus should be your first choice for backup and restoration of WordPress website as it is not only easy to use and fast, it is also secured due to its own SSL certificates. Moreover, it also offers cloud storage. Those who possess technical knowledge also make use of Duplicator for backup, cloning and migration. In case you want backup of database only, opt for WP-DB-Backup.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now