Best eCommerce Website Builders Compared (2020)
eCommerce website builders can help you build a strong foundation for your eCommerce store. Having an eCommerce store is a big thing and I am sure you do not want to make a weak start. So, to ease the process, I have curated a list of the best eCommerce website builders for you.
eCommerce is the fastest growing business across the globe. Every day a new eCommerce store is striving and trying to build their space in the industry. All eCommerce website builders help you create fully responsive websites. They set you free from the tough tasks involved in creating an e-store. Because every eCommerce website builder comes with many powerful features. However, you don’t need any prior knowledge to use these eCommerce website builders.
In recent times, I have helped many of my clients to grow sales through eCommerce. And they are running their online stores successfully. I know how to run an eCommerce store, there are several things that need to be in sync for its success. Seamless checkouts, timely delivery, payment methods, customer service connections, managing product pages, etc. Also, there are a lot of things like that which need to be managed properly in order to run a store smoothly. So, let’s find the top best eCommerce website builders that can help you build a fully functional eCommerce store.
List of the best eCommerce Website Builders
Best eCommerce Website Builders (Review)
Wix eCommerce website builder is a brilliant solution to sell your products online. It has everything that you would need to create a fully-functional e-Store. For all the small businesses and first-time site builders, Wix is a wonderful solution to get started with. Also, It comes with a range of beautiful templates that can be easily customized. And the easy-to-use drag and drop functionality makes the designing process even simpler.
- Wix comes with a free web hosting.
- It has a simple drag and drop interface.
- It offers you over 500 designer-made templates for every business.
- Your website will be automatically mobile-optimized.
- Various advanced editing options.
- It provides you with a built-in SEO feature.
- It comes with the open-source platform for building advanced web applications.
- Wix has a mobile app as well.
- It has amazing video background and scroll effects.
- Over 100 fonts to use.
- The flexibility to use the mobile app.
- Completely secure platform.
- The free plan includes Wix branding.
Wix has a free plan that lets you create your website for free. However, it also has a premium eCommerce plan for $17/month that offers you other services like free hosting, premium support, Google Analytics.
Shopify is another compelling solution to craft beautiful eCommerce websites. It is best suitable for small to medium-size business websites. Over one million online stores are powered by Shopify. Also, the structure and the capabilities of Shopify make it a widely used eCommerce platform across the globe. It hosts your site and has features for marketing as well as advertising your site. Moreover, the customer analytics feature adds up to its functionality.
- Shopify is a stand-alone platform for building your online store.
- It includes several customization options.
- It has 70+ free and premium customizable store themes to choose from.
- You get full access to HTML and CSS of your store so that you can easily customize your store.
- Shopify is a web-based website builder.
- Every Shopify store incorporates a free 256-bit SSL certificate.
- From Bitcoin to PayPal, Shopify integrates over 100 external payment gateways.
- Your location helps Shopify to manage your state taxes.
- Shopify is an extremely easy-to-use eCommerce platform.
- It lets you build a store with a checkout option in over 50 languages.
- Seamless integration with apps such as Inventory Source, Ordoro, etc.
- All Shopify websites include social media integration.
- Shopify has restricted API call volume.
Shopify offers you a 14-day free trial. Once you are satisfied with the free version you can buy the premium version. It has three plans Basic Shopify – $29/month, Shopify – $79/month, Advanced Shopify – $299/month. However, all three plans include a different set of features that can help you from starting a new business to growing a business to some more advanced features.
3. TemplateToaster – eCommerce Website Builder
TemplateToaster eCommerce website builder is the leader of all the builders for all good reasons. It makes the eCommerce website building process extremely simple. The stable architecture of TemplateToaster makes it pretty simple to use. Also, this drag and drop eCommerce website builder is loaded with useful features. It offers you an unlimited free trial that means you can try TemplateToaster for an unlimited time period and test each and every feature before you actually purchase this website builder. Also, It has two plans with top-notch customer support.
- TemplateToaster comes with a drag & drop editor.
- Several theme customization options.
- All websites designed with TemplateToaster are Bootstrap compatible.
- It offers you nice professional-looking high-quality templates to create your store.
- It’s an easy-to-use website builder even for novices.
- You can also add multi-currency feature with a plugin.
- Every design you create is fully responsive.
- A wide range of third-party application compatibility.
- Amazingly functional for both newbies as well as professional users.
- Syncs perfectly with payment gateways.
- Seamless integration with social media platforms.
- No coding skills required.
- Optimized for small to medium-size eCommerce stores.
- It is a desktop-based software.
- TemplateToaster includes more customization options than you may expect.
- Pretty simple interface with easy navigation.
- The privilege to design a multi-language store.
- Hundreds of built-in features.
- It is is available for Windows only, and have no Mac version.
TemplateToaster offers you an unlimited free trial. You can check software for as long as you want. Try each and every feature and see how it works for you. However, TemplateToaster has two premium plans Standard Edition – $49 and Professional Edition – $149. Both are one-time purchase editions.
BigCommerce is a robust eCommerce website builder that is best suitable for large scale online organizations. It is coupled with free web hosting and domain registration to kick start your online eCommerce business. It beautifully supports your business and helps you grow without a hitch. Also, you can enjoy smooth social media integration. Creating a product catalog, maintaining shopping carts, managing payment gateways, etc. is its forte.
- BigCommerce comes with fully customizable themes.
- Created websites will be entirely mobile-responsive.
- It doesn’t require scripting for building over 70 native discounts and promotions.
- Effortless third-party integration with tons of apps such as Apple Pay, PayPal, Amazon Pay, etc.
- SEO-friendly URLs.
- Multicurrency and multilingual support.
- Top-notch customer support.
- Warehouse and dropshipping integration.
- Extensive customer support.
- It offers easy to set up templates.
- A range of useful features.
- BigCommerce can quickly integrate with big platforms.
- It offers over 5,000 extensions.
- It offers quite limited free designs.
BigCommerce doesn’t show universal plans on its official website. However, you will have to make a request for a demo or to know the pricing structure according to your needs.
Squarespace is an integrated platform and a popular choice for creating an eCommerce website. It comes with many useful features, beautiful designs, and eCommerce tools to enable you to get started quickly. Almost every type of business can use Squarespace and establish its brand with a stunning website. However, it is mostly famous among bloggers and other creative artists. You can easily create anything from a single page to multipage websites that include many powerful features.
- Squarespace has a beautiful easy-to-navigate interface.
- Each Squarespace crafted design is fully mobile-optimized.
- It gives you the advantage to install more than one template for a single website.
- There are over hundreds of customization options to ease the process.
- It has a curated set of Google font libraries.
- You can add a video of your choice as the background option.
- A quick drag and drop management.
- Every image on Squarespace is hosted with a global content delivery network.
- Squarespace does not have any transaction fees.
- It is an incredibly rich publishing platform.
- It lets you easily edit the images directly on your browser.
- There are several third-party tools to enhance the functionality of your site.
- It supports limited payment integrations.
Squarespace offers you a free trial that comes with an easy step-by-step process that ultimately leads to the store that you wish to create. However, there are four premium plans i.e. Personal – $16/month, Business – $26/month, Basic Commerce – $30/month, Advanced Commerce – $46/month.
How to Choose the Best eCommerce Website Builder?
Certainly, creating an eCommerce website is a time-consuming process. eCommerce website builders were created to simplify this process and make it as painless as possible. Also, the specialized functionalities help you to quickly customize your store and implement other changes while arranging the storefront with ease. Each eCommerce website builder is fully equipped with features and tools required to create and maintain your online store. However, every website builder has its own features and functionalities to offer you. But still, there are a few mandatory features that each eCommerce website should have.
Here’s what you need to look for.
Ease of Use – This is the most important factor you should never miss. No matter which website builder you are choosing it should be easy to use. Generally, builders have a set of features that let you create your own eCommerce website with ease. The only thing is it should be easy to use and does not include any difficult setup or usage process.
Cost – For any small scale business, the cost of setting up an eCommerce store is a big consideration. If you are low on budget, then, of course, you would not want to spend much of the part on the website builder only. Mostly, website builders have different pricing plans which help you choose the best possible solution for your business.
Hosting – Hosting is typically a techy thing. So, websites need tech-savvy people to handle and manage things properly. And make sure that your site runs smoothly and error-free. However, some of the eCommerce website builders handle everything on their own. Then they host your site on their servers and simplify the entire process.
Tech Support – Make sure whichever eCommerce website builder you pick it provides you complete 24*7 tech support. Since you are going to run an eCommerce store so tech support plays a vital role. The chosen builder should have a good reputation for customer support.
Best eCommerce Website Builders Compared ( 2020)
|Free Plan||Available||Free Trial||Unlimited Free Trial||Free Trial|
|Basic Plan||$19/month||$29/month||$49 One-Time Purchase||$16/month|
|Money-Back||14 Days||14 Days||N .A||14 Days|
eCommerce Website Builders – In Conclusion
When you think of selling products online you have to have a strong website. In fact, even traditional physical stores nowadays prefer to have an online presence for customer support if nothing else. Also, there are situations where people prefer online shopping over offline shopping. And the flexibility to shop online gives your users a sense of comfort. Furthermore, if they are not able to find the stuff they want. Then they will go to your competitors’ websites for sure.
However, not only lack of products will force your visitors as well as potential buyers to switch from your website. In fact, there are many other factors that back up the migration. Therefore, make sure your site is powerful enough to provide the desired outcome. Indeed, these eCommerce website builders enable you to build a website that appeals to customers and includes every product and service you want to sell. Let me know which eCommerce business you have started and which eCommerce website builder has worked for you in the comments below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now