Magento 2.4.1- What’s New?
If you are wondering what’s new in Magento 2.4.1, then reading this guide can help you understand that. The all brand new version of amazingly powerful eCommerce platform Magento has become the new talk of the town. And knowing about it will surely add up to your knowledge. So, in this comprehensive guide, I will be discussing each aspect of Magento here. So, without delaying it any further let’s dive straight into the topic and learn about the current state of Magento.
When you create a website or more precisely when you create an online store or an eCommerce website, your responsibility gets almost double. It gets even important to provide a smooth and error-free user experience. Magento has always been a strong and powerful solution when it comes to building an online store and growing your business. With every new release, Magento brings up really cool improvements to enjoy and empower your business online. Right from providing a seamless experience to offering awesome features to secure everything.
However, there are other solutions that you can use to build your online presence. And every platform is made up of quite similar but at the same time different features to help you get online. You can compare WooCommerce vs Magento, Magento vs PrestaShop, etc., and see how other platforms are different or how they are performing in comparison to Magento. So, in order to learn more about Magento and its recent update, Magento 2.4.1 let’s just get into the details right away.
Magento 2.4.1 – What’s New
1. Security Enhancements
Security is the primary concern be it any platform. Every security issue with Magento 2.4.0 has been patched in this new release of Magento 2.4.1. Furthermore, over 15 security enhancements have been introduced. These security enhancements will help in cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities.
CAPTCHA protection has also introduced in several areas such as:
- Payment-related REST
- GraphQL endpoints.
- Place Order storefront page and REST
However, the function remains inactive before you actually enable it to work. By default, the CAPTCHA protection remains disabled for these pages. You can easily enable it on the Admin. It can be done the same way as you must have enabled it for other pages. This layer of protection works perfectly to provide security against brute force attacks.
Enhanced Magento Scan Tool.
The Magento Scan Tool is now more powerful and offers you enhanced tools. It now allows merchants to get real-time knowledge of the security status of their site. All this is done with the help of dynamic detection of malware and the elimination of false positives.
Support for the SameSite Attribute for Cookies
The new cookie classification system by Google Chrome was not supported by the previous versions of Magento. But this time with Magento 2.4.1 it provides support for the SameSite cookie attribute.
Magento Security Patch 126.96.36.199
This security-only patch 188.8.131.52 allows sellers to install essential security fixes without having to install numerous other functional fixes to their website. However, this feature is specifically designed to fix all of the Magento 2.4.0 vulnerabilities that were left uncovered.
2. Performance Improvements
Magento has always been a fast-paced eCommerce platform, so users really don’t expect much in the upgrades. And that may be the reason that Magento has uncovered only a few big improvements with this release.
- Now it provides parameters to extend control over consumers as well as to save server resources.
- The system is now functioning a little faster with reduced cache size. It has greatly optimized the network transfer between Magento and Redis.
- Better execution time.
3. Infrastructure Improvements
The latest Magento release is majorly involved in dealing with the key operative sections related to the online store. This includes the shoppers’ capability to clean the whole shopping cart just with one straight move. However, many common framework improvements were made. Also, some upgrades in the following area of online business.
- Customer Account
- Cart and Checkout
- Promotions and Targeting
- Staging and Preview
4. Media Gallery Improvements
The new Magento 2.4.1 version presents a new media gallery that enables a huge new range of functions for Admin. And some of the most talked-about features are:
- It lets you delete bulk images with ease, as and when required.
- The flexibility to filter images with reference to the storefront area.
- Significant improvement in the overview of image-related metadata.
- Excellent optimization of media storage. It has become tremendously easy to figure out unused and redundant images.
- Image search has also turned out extremely simple. You can comfortably search content on the basis of metadata.
This is an amazing version of Magento i.e. Magento 2.4.1 has a lot to offer you. Depending on your needs and requirements you can shed the number of features you find useful. The GraphQL includes the following new changes:
- Now each customer as well as guests can add a gift message to their orders. However, the freedom to add gift receipts, gift wrappings, printed cards is also there.
- Both customers and guests can write reviews. However, customers can also retrieve their review history.
- Each customer can now explore their order history in order to verify or check details such as invoices, discounts, prices, shipping information, and other relevant information.
- Furthermore, it enables you to add any type of product to your active cart.
- If any of the logged-in customers wish to see store payment details, they can do that as well.
6. PWA Studio Improvements
Magento 2.4.1 has introduced some of the new features and improvements for PWA studio as well. It involves the following enhancements:
- PWA Studio V8.0.0 has some really cool features to impress you.
- It comes with some improvements to the Venia mini-cart experience.
- There are several updates to the Venia style guide that apply to typography, design tokens, page layouts, core components.
- It provides support for multiple localized contents on Venia.
- You will see improvements in the Venia mini-cart experience.
- Several enhancements when it comes to My Account of the Venia storefront.
7. Bug Fixes
Magento 2.4.1 developers have worked really hard to get hold of Magento performance optimization. There have been hundreds of bugs that have been fixed in this version of Magento. Of course, with every release of Magento, many bugs are taken into consideration. And developers try to fix all of them so that no Magento user should ever face any issue with this proficient platform. It includes several bug fixes such as:
- AdminGWS (Magento Commerce Only)
- Adobe Stock
- Installation, Deployment, Upgrade
- Bundle Products
And various other fixes to help you use Magento without any difficulty.
Happy Web Development!
Magento 2.4.1 – In Conclusion
If you are into an eCommerce business then Magento should not be something new for you. However, there are several other platforms that you can use for your business. But Magento certainly brings something extraordinary for your business. The kind of features and capability Magento offers you will help you create a strong online presence. And this new version of Magento 2.4.1 has brought something really exciting and made a lot of improvements to strengthen the whole ecosystem. Undoubtedly, the Magento website development requires you to be skilled and fully aware of Magento intricacies.
When you know what is Magento, what its core features are, how to install Magento, and how to check the Magento version and Magento hosting providers. That means you are fully involved in this exhaustive eCommerce content management system, famously known as Magento. This time Magento has come up with some major enhancements and improvements in security, performance, tools & integrations, B2B features, media gallery, bug fixes, and other miscellaneous upgrades. So, you really need to fasten your seatbelt before you begin the Magento ride. It’s going to be really interesting and full of excitement. Once you start working with it, I am sure you will agree. So, don’t forget to share your experience with me in the comments below. I would hear from you!
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now