What is Magento? Tutorial for Begginers
If you wish to set up an online store for heavy traffic but unable to determine which CMS to begin with, then you have come to the right place. Any eCommerce expert would suggest you initiate with Magento. What is Magento? If you’re thinking about this, then you can read this tutorial for begginers. Here you will learn about its features, uses, and also you will be able to decide if it’s for you or not.
Having an eCommerce website can boost up your business. And to achieve an effective website which is easy to scale, you need to choose a dependable platform. It should be competent enough to create a strong online store with splendid functionality. And the most dominant choice from all available options is none other than Magento. It has always been and still the most obvious eCommerce platform to work with.
Magento is a free and open source eCommerce platform. It lets you generate a completely customizable eCommerce store. While you can also choose other alternatives like WooCommerce, PrestaShop, OpenCart, and VirtueMart. But Magento is a search engine friendly and flexible eCommerce platform present in the market. Thus, various leading multinational brands like Ford, Samsung, Coca-Cola, Nike, and many more rely on Magento.
Many Magento learners can still be skeptical about Magento’s performance. Taking this into consideration I have spelled out the benefits, uses, and availability of Magento in this post. You can use this information to get acquainted with Magento that might further encourage you to change your mind. So let’s now jump into the Magento’s arena and understand it in detail. First thing first, what is Magento?
What is Magento?
Magento is the most frequently used eCommerce content management system (CMS). It is built on Zend framework and written in PHP language. Magento is a feature-rich platform that aids you to control the look of your eCommerce store, the content, and the functionality as well. It offers a highly intuitive interface with amazing catalog as well as marketing tools to help you create a strong online presence.
Magento has a steep learning curve but once you master it, it will amaze you with all its versatile features and functionality. After Adobe acquires Magento in the year 2018, it has become even more effectual. And here are the two variants of Magento to give massive results.
- Magento Open Source (Earlier known as Magento Community Edition)
- Magento Commerce (earlier Magento Enterprise Edition)
However, Magento Commerce is accessible in an on-premises version (earlier Magento Enterprise Edition) or as a platform-as-a-service (previously Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition).
Note: On-premises means that the software will be installed and run in the user’s premises or organization’s own servers. Whereas, off-premises software is called as ‘software as a service’ and is offered pre installed and as a managed software
While speed is the primary concern for an eCommerce website. And Magento provides you a blazing fast store that will never cause your customers waiting while they shop on your website. The robust features of Magento never put pressure on the server if configured correctly and execute user’s requests quickly.
For What is Magento Famous
Here, I have enlisted a few reasons why you should use Magento for your next project. Also, why Magento is the most powerful as well as the most widely used eCommerce platform. So, check out some astonishing features of Magento:
- Magento offers easy to use features.
- It creates search engine friendly URL which further helps in marketing.
- Fast and friendly Google SiteMap support.
- It provides multi-lingual functionality.
- Easy to build a fully customizable site that perfectly syncs with your eCommerce business needs.
- Facile, flexible, versatile in nature.
- Support for various payment methods such as Google Checkout, PayPal, Credit card, Authorize.net.
- Promote additional external payment modules namely eWay, ePay, and many more.
- Enticing tools like upsells, cross-sell to generate high revenue.
- Delivers a completely mobile-friendly online store.
- A well-organized array of features.
- Automatic website updates.
- Huge community support and comprehensive documentation for reference.
- Customize your store with your desired theme.
- Magento delivers an SEO-friendly site which means the chances of your product to get to the top ranking increases.
- Lets you manage your products flawlessly. It allows you to display the desired pricing for certain customers.
- Add multiple images for a single product.
- Fit for every business especially for large-scale businesses with huge products to sell.
- A highly-organized back-end with easy to use functionality.
The reason behind Magento’s tremendous popularity and making it an obvious preference for professional developers is its never-ending feature list. Magento works perfectly across every device from desktop to a smartphone.
Magento: Installation Process
There are some developers and amateurs who find Magento a little difficult to commence with. However, from how to install Magento to how to create a Magento theme, everything can look somewhat intimidating. Since Magento installation demands a lot of manual server configurations which are not set up by default. But if you have access to the right sources, you can easily come over such interferences.
Installing Magento by yourself gives you the courage to start smooth. And once you are through the configuration process, you will be able to configure things properly.
Wrapping It Up
Well, this brings us to the end of this post, and I am sure by now you are ready to kick-start your Magento site with full enthusiasm. And to reduce your burden you can always opt for the best option such as TemplateToaster Magento Theme Builder. Wonderful software to give you a full working website in no time. Since Magento has evolved over the years providing vast functional enhancements along with some critical updates. Hence, it is no surprise that Magento powers a multitude of online stores and continues to improve its productivity to deliver more. Whenever you start working with Magento or those who are already working with Magento do share your experience with me via comments. I would love to hear from you.