10 Best Magento Hosting Providers Compared (2023)
There are various hosting providers that offer dedicated hosting web hosting for Magento. In this article we are going to discuss the list of best Magento hosting providers.
Before we get started with the best Magento hosting, let me offer you a brief on what exactly Magento is. It is a free and open source eCommerce platform with a plethora of eCommerce features you will require to run your online store. While there are various alternatives available like OpenCart, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, and VirtueMart, we’d suggest you to start with Magento since it is laced with some of the basic yet powerful features. Still confused? Check out Magento vs WooCommerce and Magento vs PrestaShop.
If you still don’t have your own Magento online store, here is a step-by-step guide for beginners on Magento website development tutorial. Magento is the favorite eCommerce platform for most online store owners. Moreover, with platforms like TemplateToaster, you can create your beautiful custom Magento themes. If you don’t want to create Magento theme scratch, you can use the ready-made free Magento themes, available for free.
Why do you need a good Magento hosting?
You must have seen a plethora of eCommerce sites on the internet. It is the latest business trend for selling digital as well physical goods. It is more convenient and cost efficient than the traditional retailing. Magento is one of the most popular platforms to build an ecommerce site with.
When you build an online store or any business, you build it with the aim of expanding your business eventually. Therefore, you need to be prepared for that to happen. Since you are building an online store, you can expect growth in your traffic. Plus, you may run flash sales or other offers to attract more traffic than usual. In case of such events, you might need additional resources to accommodate sudden surge in your traffic. Therefore, you need a stable and powerful hosting provider to host your Magento site that can prevent your site from crashing in case of sudden surge and will keep your site up and running.
List of the best Magento Hosting providers
5. A2 Hosting
Best Magento Hosting Services (Review)
1. InMotion – Magento hosting
If you want to go for a reputed Magento hosting provider, then InMotion is without any doubt the solution for you. It offers a plethora of Magento-only features like one-click installation, shared/managed hosting, reseller plans, high-end enterprise products, and so much more. Moreover, it is known for offering high-end dedicated hosting services along with rock-solid priority based customer support. However, the better services you want, the more you need to pay. At the same time, it offers exceptional scalability and reliability. You can read our article Magento 2.4.1 what’s new.
- Comes with an incredibly dedicated server service with priority-based customer services.
- Offers 90-days no questions asked money back guarantee
- Comes with free added security with free shared SSL certification
- Runs on SSD servers for reliable drive storage.
- Great for Magento web hosting when it has optional data center location with fast speeds.
- Servers can automatically adjust with the sudden surge in the traffic.
- Offers various flexible plans that meet your requirements and budget as well.
- One-click installation
- Easy to get started with
- 90-days money back guarantee
- No monthly plans, only yearly billing option available
Nexcess is a high performing and super flexible Magento hosting provider. It dominates the Magento hosting market with its exceptional features designed specially to support Magento-based eCommerce sites. In addition, it is PCI compliant that will prevent you from attracting law suites by keeping your site safe from threats and loopholes. Nexcess offers some low-cost plans for entry-level sites. However, you might want to get the upper-tier plans since lower-tier plans are so basic.
- Easy to set up with one-click installation
- Incredible 24/7 customer support
- Offers dedicated IPs
- Provides free migration services
- Offers limited but enough bandwidth (75 GB/month)
- 24×7 monitoring of server for fully managed services
- Offers addon security options like web firewalls and SSL
- Allows you customize your plans to meet your unique business requirements
- High uptime
- PCI compliant
- Stable and reliable hosting
- No live chat available
Cloudways is a well-popular name when it comes to Magento hosting. It is slightly different from other listed Magento hosting providers since it only offers cloud-based hosting services. However, cloud is the future of online stores and is the perfect solution when it comes to handling sudden surge in traffic. Therefore, get this hosting provider that comes with a lot of supporting options.
- Offers free migration service to migrate from another hosting server.
- Provides pre-configured PHP-FPM.
- Allows you to host unlimited number of websites on their server.
- Easy installation on any CMS and PHP based system.
- Offers 24/7 real-time monitoring of your website.
- Comes with 24/7 rock solid customer assistance to guide you whenever you need their help.
- Comes with one-click server cloning and advanced server management.
- Users can get a free trial without having to enter credit card details.
- Plethora of Magento-based features
- 60+ data centers globally
- Free trials available
- Doesn’t offer some basic services like domain registration or email accounts.
If you don’t have any budget restriction then it is wise to invest in Magemojo. It is an expensive hosting provider but comes with out-of-the-box benefits. It offers some of the most reliable, powerful, and feature-rich hosting services. Moreover, it offers some enterprise-level features that makes it a perfect solution for big-enterprises as well. Furthermore, it offers 100% uptime guarantee and their expert team stands behind the guarantee they offer. On top of that, they offer fixed pricing plans to eliminate any kind of confusion.
- Comes with out-of-the-box benefits
- Offers powerful and reliable performance
- Comes with 24×7 rock-solid customer support
- Provides 100% uptime guarantee
- Come with some enterprise-level features that makes it a perfect solution for big-enterprises.
- Pays special attention to security to keep your website secure against security threats.
- Fixed price plans eliminates the surprise costs.
- 100% uptime
- Pay-as-you-go pricing structure
- World class services
- More expensive than other hosting providers
5. A2 Hosting
Do you want to experience lightning-fast speed and competitive features? Try A2 Hosting. It is one of the most competitive Magento hosting providers that comes with an ample of features designed to support Magento-based online stores.
Moreover, it runs on turbo servers that runs 20x faster than average hosting providers. Furthermore, they offer up to 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Comes with 24×7 rock-solid customer support.
- Offers 99.99% uptime with reliable performance.
- Tailored plans available according to your unique requirements
- Provides added security with free DDoS protection and HackScan protection.
- Offers free migration services.
- Easy, one-click set up available
- Get great marketing and advertising credits with referrals and programs.
- Runs on Turbo servers that offer lightning-fast speed.
- Faster servers
- Flexible plans
- Advertisement and marketing credits
- Not very affordable
Mgt-Commerce offers Magento hosting at premium prices. It comes with the main objective of offering a pleasant and easy-to-use panel that results in increased conversion rates for any eCommerce entrepreneur. One of the fastest managed Magento hosting services, designed to work perfectly well with high-performance stack. Moreover, it comes with comprehensive access to cloud panels.
- Exceptionally pleasant and easy-to-use panel
- Offers increased conversion rates for any eCommerce entrepreneur.
- Premium priced hosting provider with some latest high-performance technologies
- Works with the latest technologies to offer the best performance.
- Designed to work perfectly well with high-performance stack.
- Highly scalable and reliable Magento hosting infrastructure.
- Free migration services
- Enables cache services with Varnish Cache
- Higher scalability
- Free migration services
- Latest high-performance technologies
- Unreasonably exorbitant
Rackspace is another Magento hosting provider that can provide you with the chance to have a Magento managed environment. It offers a pay-as-you-go pricing structure. Therefore, the pricing totally depends on how to handle and optimize your usage. Moreover, it is known for offering highly-reliable services considering it has been serving since 1999. Furthermore, it offers incredibly secure services.
- Reliable services since 1999.
- Offers a pay-as-you-go pricing structure
- Allows you to customize your plan according to your requirements
- Guarantees 99.99% uptime
- Provides a secure hosting environment with added security.
- 24/7 access to the technical expert team.
- Great for individuals as well as big corporations
- Optimized servers
- Fast 24/7 support
- Cloud hosting
- PCI compliance is overlooked
Similar to Cloudways, WebScoot offers cloud hosting powered by AWS. If you are looking for scaling your services, then WebScoot is your best option. Moreover, it offers 24×7 uptime monitoring of the server and round the clock expert support. Furthermore, it comes with the strongest security suite with security patches, mitigation of DDoS and Brute Force Attacks, and so much more.
- Offers cloud hosting powered by AWS.
- Comes with 24×7 uptime monitoring of the server.
- Provides rock solid customer support system.
- Offers greater security with security patches, mitigation of DDoS and Brute Force Attacks, and so much more.
- With server-level caching, it offers 10X faster speed.
- Offers seamless integration with global CDN with the help of technologies like Varnish and Memcached.
- Provides added services like add-on for load testing or performance testing.
- Easy to use
- Highly scalable
- Great security suite against security threats
- Offers only cloud hosting.
SiteGround makes an exceptional choice for Magento hosting with over 450,000 domain names around the world and an ample of information centers from Asia, the United States and Europe. Moreover, it can offer speed and security, making your eCommerce site faster and securer. Furthermore, it comes with 24/7 support and premium custom-made solutions to meet your unique business requirements.
- Offers location-specific hosting through its three main server locations situated in Asia, the United States and Europe.
- Reasonably priced solutions that offer custom-made plans to meet your unique business requirements.
- Uses SSD-based servers for shared hosting.
- In-house speed and security for reliable service offering.
- Incredibly constant customer support via email, call, and live chat.
- Custom-made solution to allow you to have snappy and quick-loading websites.
- Significantly faster loading site (approx. 650 ms).
- Multiple server locations
- Free CDN and SSL services
- 24/7 incredible customer support
- Unlimited storage is in fact limited.
Fastcomet is your fairy priced budget-friendly Magento hosting provider. It is a web-hosting country with 5 main server locations all over the world such as the US, the UK, Singapore, the Netherlands, and Germany. It offers suitable plans for both an individual as well as corporate customers. Moreover, it guarantees a solid server uptime with lightning-fast website performance.
- Offers 5 main server locations all over the world such as the US, the UK, Singapore, the Netherlands, and Germany.
- Comes with suitable plans for both an individual as well as corporate customers
- Guarantees a solid server uptime of 99.99%.
- With a tested speed of TTFB <700 ms, it offers lightning-fast website performance.
- One-year free renewal for domains
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Comes with over 40 built-in widgets
- Offer 350 themes to use
- Greater uptime
- Faster speed
- Reliable overall performance
- Complex pricing structure
Best Magento hosting providers compared (2021)
Here is a side-by-side comparison of some of the best Magento hosting providers-
|Magento Hosting providers||Starting Price||Money back||Uptime||One-click installation?|
|InMotion||$29.99/month||90 days||Over 99%||Available for extra $5|
|Nexcess||$20/month||No, but 30-day free trial is there||99.9%||Yes|
|Cloudways||$22/month||Not given||Over 99%||Available|
|A2 Hosting||$9.99/month||Yes, any time||99.9%||Yes|
How to choose the right Magento hosting providers?
There are a lot of Magento hosting providers available in the market. Choosing the right one for your online store can be difficult since they all come with their own set of features. Here are some point you should consider while choosing your hosting provider-
Make sure the hosting provider you choose has the points to access the compatibility with your Magento based online store. The minimum requirement to access compatibility with a Magento site is-
- PHP 7.0 and higher
- PCI compliance
- Apache 2.x/ NGINX/ Litespeed
- MySQL 5.6 and higher
Performance and uptime
Performance can be loosely described as the overall speed of your site. A hosting provider can have a significant impact on the overall loading speed and performance of your site. Make sure you go for a hosting provider that offers great performance and up to 99% of uptime. Uptime is the time your website is accessible to the public. You don’t want to lose your customers because your site is down. Therefore, get a hosting provider that keeps your site up and running.
There can be various instances when you will find yourself stuck. Having an accessible and prompt response from customer service assistants feels nice. Therefore, look for a hosting provider that offers rock solid customer assistance in need.
Value for money
Value for money typically means that you get as good services as you are paying. The biggest misconception people have is that the more they pay the better their hosting provider is. However, it doesn’t have to be like that. For instance, you are paying for a provider that offers 80 features but you are using just 30 of them and rest are just a waste of your money. Instead, you can look for a hosting provider that offers only 30 features but those are the only features you require. Now, this hosting provider will offer you the most value for your money.
Security is a major concern, especially if you are running an online store that is bound to acquire sensitive information like personal information, payment information, your customers’ preferences, and more. Therefore, go for a hosting provider with strong security options. Some of the things you can consider are-
Server is running on the latest software
- PCI compliance is met
- SSL certification
- Server monitoring
- Server-site virus scanner
- Blocks unauthorized and spammy elements
- Security patch updates
Server location and CDN support
Be aware of the traffic pattern like where does the majority of your traffic come from? You want to select the server that is closer to your targeted audience that can result in an overall better experience. Moreover, there are some hosting providers that integrate their services with CDN providers like Cloudflare for better and faster accessibility to your online store. It is especially important for stores having traffic from all over the world. In that case, it is not enough to have a single server in a specific location. Rather, have multiple servers with cache support and optimize your website.
Losing data due to security breaching or human error can turn out to be devastating. However, having a backup can be a life-saver. Some hosting providers offer add-ons like regular backup creators. Therefore, look for a hosting provider that comes with backup features to prevent data loss.
Magento hosting services – Final Words
Choosing the right hosting can be crucial for your Magento website and business, since it is the key to our success. You want your customers to have the best possible experience with your site which is possible only if you successfully get the right hosting provider. Therefore, lever the free-trial offers or money-back guarantee to try out various hosting providers and select the right one for you. Since there are hundreds of hosting platforms available, we shortlisted some of the best Magento hosting to make it easier to select any one of them. I will recommend Siteground and Nexcess. Go ahead and let us know your experience or queries in the comment below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now