6 Best WordPress LMS Plugins Compared & How to Install
In this digital age, education has become really accessible, thanks to advanced technology! And, if you are planning to create your online courses, then you must choose the Best WordPress LMS Plugins. These WordPress Plugins helps in creating your own websites and enhance the learning experience.
There are several WordPress LMS Plugins to choose from, and we will help you in jotting down the best one. Generally, good LMS plugins will allow you to create, manage, and sell the online courses of your website with ease.
Don’t know where to begin with? Well, to create your own website, you need to set up a WordPress hosting account. Bluehost is one of the top-recommended hosting companies in the world. Next, you need to install WordPress on your website. Once done, you can then begin choosing the best WordPress LMS Plugin.
Here at TemplateToaster website maker blog, I have curated a list of top WordPress LMS Plugins and put some light on the features, pros, cons, and prices of each.
Best WordPress LMS Plugins
- WP Courseware
- Good LMS
Best WordPress LMS Plugins compared (2020)
|Best WordPress LMS Plugins||Features||Free Version||Price|
|LearnDash||5/5||No||Three Plan – $49 to $249|
|LifterLMS||5/5||Yes||Each site – $99/year
Universal Plans – $299 single site
|Teachable||4/5||Yes||Monthly plans – $29 and $79/month|
|WP Courseware||5/5||No||$129 for 2 sites.|
|Sensei||4/5||Yes||Add-ons – $129 to $279|
Best WordPress LMS Plugins (Review)
1. LearnDash – Best WordPress LMS plugin
One of the most popular WordPress LMS Plugins which is widely used by Universities and professional training institutions. The LearnDash plugin comes with an easy drag and drop option that makes it easy to create assignments, courses, and lessons. Not just that, the plugin allows you to schedule lessons and notify the users about the same automatically.
- You can use both multimedia and text in lessons.
- One can easily create unlimited lessons and courses.
- The students are required to complete prerequisite courses before they take the actual course.
- Include assignments and quizzes.
- Students get badges and certifications after course completion.
- Automatically sends notifications to inform the students.
- One can create special video classes to make the lesson interesting.
- You can even add a timer to your lessons.
- Supports multiple sites
- Fully compatible with WordPress themes.
- Allow easy communication with students.
- Offer plenty of free add-ons.
- It makes learning more exciting with gamification.
- Gets slow with too many users.
- Customer support needs to be better.
There are three pricing plans that range from $49 to $249.
2. Lifter LMS
LifterLMS is another well-known WordPress LMS Plugin creating engaging online courses to enhance the learning experiences of the students. It’s easy to set up a plugin with a drag and drop course builder. You can easily create courses with videos, audio, images, and texts.
- Includes both quizzes and assignments.
- Requires the users to complete the prerequisite courses.
- Include multimedia like – audio and video.
- You can assign instructors to the courses.
- Private coaching upsells are also offered by the plugin.
- One can access a drip-feed course on a set schedule.
- It also triggers email notifications on the user’s actions.
- Include course discussions (forums, comments, and more).
- Offers easy content management tools
- Free access to basic features.
- There are integrated gateways like – PayPal, Authorize.net, and Stripe.
- Integrated with marketing tools like Mailchimp.
- Highly scalable.
- Some add-ons are expensive.
- You need to purchase the payment gateway.
The basic features are free to use. For more functionality, you can pay $99 per year for each site. You can also choose the Universal Plan for $299 for a single site.
A powerful online course creator Teachable is a great WordPress LMS Plugin that helps in building smart online courses with ease. The SSL powered hosting of the plugin allows you to create courses without worrying about marketing and payment management. You also get easy sign up for courses and you can easily view and preview the curriculum.
- It creates rich learning experiences for students.
- You can add video, image, text, and PDF files.
- The plugin supports affiliate programs that help in keeping track of marketing efforts.
- You can collect student’s feedback using surveys, Google forms, and other tools.
- You get integrations with InfusionSoft, Mailchimp, and other marketing tools.
- Teachable charges a one-time fee sets up a custom payment plan and sells a subscription of the courses.
- The SSL certificate secures the student’s information.
- It offers a powerful dashboard that displays analytics including – revenue, student signups, course completion rate, and more.
- Easy to use course builder.
- Creates drip-based courses and content.
- Zapier integration to connect with more functions and apps.
- Create different courses with multimedia content.
- It gives you access to your own sales page.
- Not a good option for creating coaching and training programs.
- You need to pay a good amount for each sale commission.
Free access to creating unlimited courses. You can also switch to monthly plans of $29 and $79 per month.
4. WP Courseware
It’s one of the oldest and user-friendly WordPress LMS plugins available in the market. WP Courseware is a feature-rich plugin that allows easy drag and drop course creation. Just like the other plugin, it also allows you to create and sell online courses. It is a great plugin to create free courses that eliminate the need for integrating the third-party plugin.
- You can view and export detailed quiz results and check the progress of each student.
- The plugin comes with an intuitive drag and drop course builder.
- Allows one-click integration with an e-commerce plugin.
- One can schedule content to be released.
- You can instantly connect your PayPal or Stripe accounts.
- Easy to reward the students with certifications.
- You can send email notifications for specific events.
- Offers free courses to prospective customers.
- Built-in feature to add instructors.
- Easily create different quizzes for students.
- Review the student’s progress.
- Integrated payment gateways.
- Allow you to view grade-books of students.
- You need to upgrade to membership plugins to get more features.
- Integration with an e-commerce platform is mandatory to sell courses.
It charges $129 for 2 sites.
Sensei is a flexible and powerful WordPress LMS plugin developed by WooCommerce, the company which has also created tools like – WordPress, JetPack, and more. The best part of the plugin is, you can start using it for free to strengthen your brand by launching an online course.
- Easy to create courses and add lessons.
- You can create lessons just like you create your WordPress posts.
- It uses WordPress user registration.
- The plugin works amazingly well with the well-coded WordPress themes.
- Provides reports that give you an overview of students and content.
- If you want to sell courses, then you need to use WooCommerce.
- You can easily run assignments, quizzes, and grades both automatically and manually.
- 100% compatible with the WooCommerce and WordPress Themes.
- It can be easily used by beginners.
- Plenty of template options.
- Easy built-in course analytics.
- Allows automation.
- To make extensions and access more features, you need to go to pay more.
- Users might face integration issues with WordPress themes.
Although it’s a free plugin, you need to purchase the add-ons ranging between $129 to $279.
6. Good LMS
It’s a premium LMS plugin that helps in easy course creation. It’s a great option for people who want to design a course marketplace. This premium Good LMS plugin is similar to creating WordPress blog posts. It is one of the most inexpensive LMS plugins that are available in the market.
- You can add subsections to the quizzes.
- You can use payment methods like – Stripe, PayPal, and Authorized.net directly.
- Easy to monitor the course progress and keep a check on everything.
- You can create a section-wise course curriculum.
- Online quizzes with a timer can also be integrated.
- You can create and sell online courses without any hassle.
- There are a lot of demo pages available to get hands-on experience.
- User-friendly and intuitive.
- Unlimited course and quiz creation.
- Offers gamification including features like – badges and certificates.
- Real-time score view and completion rate.
- Integrated payment gateways.
- Loading time is slow sometimes.
- The checkout process needs to be improved.
The regular license for the plugin is $32. You can get more details here.
How To Install LMS Plugins
If you are looking forward to creating your online classrooms, then you need to install WordPress LMS Plugins. One thing, you need to keep in mind, before you begin, is to understand your learning website’s purpose.
Here are a few steps that will help you install the best WordPress LMS Plugin.
Step – 1 – Analyze the Focus Of Your LMS
Before you begin installing LMS, you must know what niche or topic you want to focus on. This will help you achieve your overall learning goal. What’s the purpose?
- You can offer just paid online courses?
- Do you want to educate people for free?
- Do you want to sell courses online?
Online learning has become a really beneficial business. Most of the WordPress LMS plugins we have mentioned will introduce you to some great monetization options. You can even choose all the purposes and create a well-defined LMS plugin.
Step – 2 – Plan Structure for your WordPress LMS
Once you set the purpose of the website, you need to plan the structure of how you want to include your WordPress LMS website to look. Generally, the pages include:
- Home page
- Students testimonials
- About Us
- Students Forums
- Quizzes or Certification (if any)
However, you can even make it more complex, as per your needs.
Step – 3 – Set Up WordPress LMS Plugin
We have already listed some of the best WordPress LMS plugins out there in the market, based on your requirements and purpose, you can choose one.
- To successfully install the LMS plugin, you need to download the relevant files first.
- Once you are done with the downloading, you can upload the plugin files to /wp/content/plugins/directory.
- You can also install the plugin directly from the Plugins tab on the WordPress admin panel.
- Search for the Plugin there directly (GoodLMS, LearnDash, or any).
- Once you find it, you need to download the relevant files.
- After that, you just need to activate the plugin from the WordPress Plugin screen.
Step – 4 – Set Up the Course
Once you have installed the LMS plugin, you can then start creating courses from the admin bar. You can also build lessons, create quizzes, set course duration, skill level, and much more depending on the plugin option you choose.
That’s it, you are good to go!
Which Is The Best WordPress LMS Plugin?
With so many options out there, choosing the right one is difficult. We have tried our best to curate the list of top WordPress LMS Plugins by including – features, pros, cons, and prices. We have also made a brief description of the chart.
GoodLMS, LifterLMS and LearnDash are widely popular plugins with tons of integrations and features. Rest, there are other viable options as well. Define your course and learn about LMS Plugins to choose the right one.
Want to reach your users in an efficient way, try email marketing. Check out how to install the best email marketing software and start connecting with the users in an interactive way. You may also read how hosting servers affect the success of SEO, this will surely give you some valuable information when it comes to WordPress websites.
Feel free to share your suggestions or queries in the comments below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now