A2 Hosting vs Bluehost Differences
Are you considering signing up with A2 Hosting or Bluehost but need more information before deciding on one of them? A2 is a hosting company that offers up to 20x faster servers and powerful features. Bluehost is known to offer super fast and reliable hosting services within budget-friendly plans. Read this thorough comparison of A2 Hosting vs Bluehost to decide which one you should go for.
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost: What are they?
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost, they are both firm players in the web hosting industry with their unique features. Learn about which one is better in what aspect in the article in detail.
What is A2 Hosting?
A2 Hosting is a web hosting company founded in 2001 by Bryan Muthig. It originally intended to host a limited number of clients but soon enough they gained a lot more clients than they anticipated. They gained so many clients in so little time because their core goal is to create and maintain good web hosting company that the staff want to use themselves. Their lightning fast speed, 99.99% uptime guarantee, 24x7x365 technical support, are just bonus perks they offer. Read all about it following in the article.
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost is a web hosting company, founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton. Bluehost is mainly known for offering reliable and budget-friendly plans that come with unlimited disk storage and bandwidth. Moreover, it incorporates SSDs to offer rock solid performance to its clients. Read all about Bluehost in detail in this article.
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost: Which one to use and when?
When to use A2 Hosting?
When you have an eCommerce website and security is the major concern for you. It offers several SSL certificates to choose from, Paypal merchant account ID, Instant Merchant Account ID (US only, and 1-Click setups for Magento, PrestaShop, OpenCart, and AbanteCart. A2 hosting is also a good option when you are not on a budget restriction and need some extra support for your site like faster speed and exceptional uptime.
When to use Bluehost?
When you need efficient plans with versatile features but you are on a budget restriction. With Bluehost, you can have various features including a user friendly cPanel, impeccable technical support, unlimited resources, etc, in an affordable range.
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost: Comparing VPS Hosting, Website Builder, Support, and Security
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost VPS Hosting
With A2 Hosting, you can choose from either managed or unmanaged VPS hosting. It gives you more control over your site and a more user-friendly atmosphere. It has less workload because users are distributed on different shared servers, which results in less chances of crashing your site.
On the other hand, Bluehost VPS hosting is almost similar to A2 Hosting but upgrading to it can cost you a lot more than anticipated and the performance is just average. However, it will boost the speed of your site.
A2 Hosting recently launched its latest feature: website building packages. With A2 Hosting, you get ready-made templates which can be used to build a site. Its drag and drop editor makes it even more fun and creative. All you need to do is pick the template you like, drag and drop and add some features you want, make the necessary edits, and there you have your brand new website. In case you face any issue, you can contact their customer support for technical assistance.
On the other hand, Bluehost doesn’t have it’s own website builder. But you can create your own website with TemplateToaster website builder. Bluehost incorporate Weebly Website builder, with drag and drop feature for all customers. TemplateToaster offer wide range of features to create stunning websites.
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost Support
A2 Hosting provides support via calls, live chat and support tickets. They have robust, friendly, and knowledgeable staff to explain everything you need to know to solve the issue you’ve been facing. Their remarkable customer support can be their strongest point.
On the other hand, Bluehost offers 24×7 security via phone calls and live chat. They focus on offering direct support to eliminate any kind of unnecessary delay. They’ve discontinued email support, which means they no longer assist their customers via emails.
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost Security
A2 Hosting is the ultimate winner when it comes to security. It offers utmost security including Free SSL certificates, DDoS protection, patchman security tool, virus scanning, hack protection, 24/7 security monitoring, brute force defence, two-factor authentication, web hosting firewall, Spam protection, hosting account isolation, and so much more. On the other hand, Bluehost just offers some basic security measures like free SSL certificate, Spam protection, Two-factor authentication, hosting account isolation, and virus scanning. You may read WordPress firewall plugins , and best WordPress security plugins.
A2Hosting Server Location
You can also pick the closest data hosting server location center from your targeted audience for better optimization. They offer multiple data centers in diverse locations, including-
- Michigan, US
- Arizona, US
- Amsterdam, UK
- Singapore, Asia
Bluehost Server Location
As far as Data centers a concern, Bluehost offers the best solution. It is a part of EIG, a global network of company. Apart from that, it offers 6 data centers in different locations as follows-
- Provo, Utah, US
- Orem, Utah, US
- Mumbai, India
- London, UK
- Hong Kong, China
- Shanghai, China
A2Hosting Control Panel
A2Hosting offers an intuitive control panel that allows you to take different actions easily including change your passwords, view promotions, and use App installer for easy installation of add-on apps.
Bluehost Control Panel
You get the industry-leading cPanel with every Bluehost account. It is highly intuitive, which allows you to perform various tasks and manage your WordPress site easily. some of the advanced features it offers are themes, security, backups, etc.
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost: What are some useful features?
What are A2 Hosting features?
- Domain registration and transfer: With A2 Hosting, you get the ability to register a new domain or transfer your existing one. All you need to do is type your preferred domain name, look for the availability, and register it as your own.
- SSL certificates: Protect the crucial information on your website with SSL certificates. With A2 hosting, you can choose from several SSL certificate options including single site SSL, Wildcard SSL, Advanced SSL, and free SSL via Let’s Encrypt.
- SwiftServers and turbo hosting: Get A2 optimized site accelerator to experience dramatic change in the performance and speed of your site. They incorporate SwiftServers and turbo hosting to increase resource allocation, decrease the number of users on each shared server, and faster hosting performance compared to Apache.
- Developer friendly hosting: With A2 Hosting, you get the most updated software for developer software hosting. They offer PHP compatibility, PHPNg, Apache 2.2 version, Python 2.6, 2.7,or 3.2, and FTP for easier transmission of files between your computer and so much more.
- Additional security: Apart from a free SSL certificate via Let’s Encrypt, you also get HackScan protection to protect your site against hacking attempts, a dual firewall, defence against brute force attack, virus scanning, and so much more.
What are Bluehost features?
- Budget friendly: Bluehost is known as the most affordable web hosting provider. Its most basic plan is available at just $2.95 a month. However, the long duration offer you best pricing.
- WordPress Compatibility: Bluehost offers a new Bluerock Platform that is majorly a WordPress focused control panel that offers an integrated experience with WordPress sites. Moreover, its 1-click WordPress installer makes the experience even breezier. Furthermore it offers the latest security and performance features including SSL certificate, PHP 7, WordPress Staging, NGINX caching, HTTP/2, etc. This is the reason it is officially recommended by WordPress.org itself.
- Money back guarantee: For any reason, if you are not satisfied with their services and call quit, then don’t worry. Bluehost offers a 30-day generous money back guarantee without any pesky penalties or hidden fees. However, it is highly unlikely that you will be needing your money back.
- Reliable uptime: Bluehost holds a great track record when it comes to reliable uptime. They guarantee a 99.96% of uptime, and till now they have never failed in keeping their promise. For $2.95 a month, their performance is quite remarkable.
- Perpetual security: With various security tools like SpamExperts, Apache SpamAssassin, and Spam Hammer, they offer good protection for your site. Furthermore, you get advanced security features like IP address blacklist, email account filters, password protected directories, etc.
What are some pros and cons in A2 Hosting vs Bluehost?
Pros of A2 Hosting
- A2-optimized plugins for faster downloads
- One-click WordPress installs
- A2-optimized caching with opcache and Memcached
- Host unlimited websites
- Free migration
- SSDs and Turbo server for 20x faster page loads
- Free CloudFlare CDN
- Unlimited email accounts, domains, and databases
- HackScan and other advanced security features
- 24x7x365 technical support
Cons of A2 Hosting
- Can be a bit expensive than standard web hosting providers
- Additional fee for migration of data centers
Pros of Bluehost
- Free domain for a year
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited site traffic and bandwidth
- Industry-leading hardware
- Guaranteed uptime of 99.99%
- Budget -friendly and superior performance
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Free Weebly website builder
- RAID 1 mirrored storage
- Minimum 3 IP addresses per VPN plan
- Endorsed by WordPress.org itself
Cons of Bluehost
- Lacks free automatic backups
- Only Linus hosting, no Windows hosting
What is A2 Hosting vs Bluehost Pricing?
A2 Hosting offers a wide range of plans to suit everyone from an entry-level website to the most advanced corporate sites. You can choose from various plans including shared, VPS, reseller, dedicated hosting, etc. This picture below breaks down the different shared hosting solutions A2 offers:
Bluehost is serving millions of websites. The main reason behind their massive client base can be the affordable hosting plans it offers. Bluehost’s cheapest plan is available for just $2.95 a month. Moreover, the other plans offered by Bluehost like shared hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, dedicated hosting, etc are also cheaper than the other hosting providers. This picture below breaks down the different shared hosting solutions A2 offers:
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost Comparison Table (2020)
|Key Differences||A2 Hosting||Bluehost|
|Starting price||$3.92 a month||$2.95 a month|
|Free SSL certificate||Yes||Yes|
|Disk space (basic plan)||Unlimited||50 GB|
|Free Site Migration||Yes||No|
|Customer support||Calls, live chat, server-based tickets||Calls and live chat|
How does A2 hosting compare with other web hosting?
How does Bluehost compare with other web hosting?
A2 Hosting vs Bluehost: Which is your Pick?
After discovering every aspect of both web hosting companies, Bluehost and A2 Hosting, we believe that Bluehost is a better budget option. With Bluehost you get almost everything you need to get your site up and running, that too within affordable pricing. Furthermore, it also makes the entire onboarding process super easy. On the other hand, A2 hosting can be a bit expensive. However, if budget is not a problem for you, then you can have some extraordinary performance and security features for your site from A2 Hosting.
We hope that this article helped you get the best web hosting provider for your site that meets your business requirements within your budget restrictions.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now