Best WordPress Survey Plugins Compared (2020)
It is important to understand the expectations of your potential customers, in order to meet them. Surveys or survey forms are the best ways to collect details and understand the requirements of your customers. In today’s scenario, a great marketing method can become your most important way to target your viewers with the content that piques their interest.
You can extract data or feedback from your audience trough Contact Us forms, comment section, tables, pop-up quiz, or survey polls. Learn how to create a contact form here. To attract more people to participate in your survey, make sure it looks interactive and is easy to use. Keep it as short as possible and more people will participate. You can extract your data to your CRM software easily with export option.
Therefore, I present you a list of 10 best WordPress survey Plugins that you can integrate with your WordPress site or blog to extract the data from your leads.
List of WordPress survey plugins
1. WP Forms
2. WP Poll
3. Gravity Form
4. Google Forms
5. Model Survey
6. Quiz and Survey Master
Best WordPress survey plugins (review)
1. WP Forms – best WordPress survey plugin
WP Forms is a popular contact form builder with a Survey and Polls add-on. It allows you to share enquirers to your targeted audience and extract the information from them. WP forms offers a free version, however, you can also upgrade to its paid version starting at $39.50 a year. It offers some of the most advanced survey features like real-time polls, smart conditional logic, filter and personalize questions according to smart conditions, and smart survey features like star ratings to multiple choice and Likert scale. Moreover, it allows you to create user interactive surveys with beautiful graphs and charts.
Features of WP Forms
- Easy to build: WP Forms are easy to create with drag-and-drop form builder without writing any code, within a couple of minutes.
- Interactive templates: With WP Forms, you don’t have to start from scratch. You can start with pre-built form templates to save time and build forms within a couple of minutes.
- Responsive forms: Moreover, you can build 100% responsive forms, compatible with different viewports, including desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, etc.
- Smart survey fields: Include smart conditions from star ratings, Likert scale, multiple choice, etc. It offers you all the fields you can ever need for a survey.
- Instant Notifications: Create highly interactive forms that respond to your leads quickly with instant form notification features offered with WP Forms.
- Entry Management: WP Forms offers a centralized storage that allows you to view all your leads in one place to streamline your workplace.
- Real-time Polls: With WP Forms, you have the ability to create polls and see real-time results on your site by your leads.
- Spam protection: With WP Forms, protect your survey results against spam with smart captcha and honeypot, which automatically prevents spam submissions.
- Highly interactive and intuitive
- Easy to create and embed with blogs, footer, widgets, etc
- Instant notification and real-time polls
- NPS surveys in WordPress
- For premium features, you need to buy the paid version
2. WP Poll
WP-Poll is a free WordPress plugin, which comes with a ton of customization options and is highly user-friendly. It offers a graphical poll reporting that allows you to design a robust survey form in remarkable styles. Moreover, it is smooth to use with its easy to set details like deadlines, timers, and multiple votes. All you need to do is enter the questions, copy the shortcode, and paste it where you want to set your survey form. It also comes with a pro version available for $29 a month that allows you to lock content until the user answers a poll and social share buttons.
- Free version: WP Polls offers a free version, which allows you to create forms or surveys free of cost.
- Easy to create: To create a WP Poll, all you need to do is set some details and copy-paste the short code where you want to add the poll/survey.
- User-friendly: It is highly user-friendly and offers a lot of customization options like effects and animations to make it look more professional and stylish.
- Multiple answer support: Recently updated version of WP polls allows you to support multiple answers according to your user’s preference, which is a unique feature.
- Pre-made templates: You don’t have to create forms from scratch, you can also pick a pre made template and make edits accordingly.
- Option to add it as a widget: With the ability of copy-paste shortcode, you can also add survey or poll as a widget.
- Regular updates: WP Poll constantly launches the updates with upgraded features and customization options.
- Locking content feature: With Pro version, you also get a locking feature, which locks the content, until the user answers the poll.
- More that 7+ input animation effects
- More than 8 themes for each survey
- Ability to reset results for the survey
- Easy to create and easier to use
- No drag-and-drop builder to create forms
3. Gravity Form
Another popular WordPress form builder is: Gravity Form. It allows you to create a form using a drag-and-drop builder, which is pretty easy to use. It is developer-friendly, which makes it unfit for beginners or novice users. However, it is interactive, which means your leads can understand it easily. It offers advanced add-ons that are available with Elite License, available for $259 and it is the most expensive version of Gravity forms. You may go through WordPress table plugins.
- Developer-friendly: Developers can make professional forms and surveys with conditional questions and other advanced customizations.
- User Friendly: The forms and surveys built with Gravity forms are highly interactive and user-friendly as users can easily understand it.
- Drag-and-drop builder: Survey and polls are easier and less time consuming to build with Gravity forms as it offers a drag-and-drop builder.
- Privacy options: It allows you to set the privacy, whether you want to show the results publicly, and close the survey after a certain number of responses or days.
- Branching survey option: Gravity Forms also offers the option of branching surveys, which means you can create further surveys depending on the response from the previous surveys/ polls.
- Set limitation: You can set a limitation for the validation of the survey. It means it will be close after a certain date or a certain number of responses.
- Filter survey data: It offers a wide range of filter options that lets you filter out the survey data and results as needed.
- Dedicated survey results tab: It has a dedicated survey results tab that eagles you to view results in the Gravity Forms interface.
- Flexible forms and polls
- Developer-friendly builder interface
- Easy drag-and-drop forms/ surveys/ polls builder
- Shortcodes can also be used to add survey or polls
- Elite package ($259) is quite expensive
4. Google Forms
Google Forms isn’t exactly a WordPress survey plugin, however, you can still add it to your WordPress site easily via built-in Google Forms embed code or a third-party plugin from Mike Walsh. It is free to add and use. Most users prefer its straightforward and easy to use interaction, which allows you to ask multiple types of questions, including multi-choice, open-ended, and close-ended questions.
Features of Google Forms
- User-friendly: It offers a slick interface, which makes it easier to build user-friendly surveys and polls.
- Unique questions type: With Google forms, you can create different types of questions like multi-choice questions, open-ended questions, and close-ended questions.
- Different survey response view modes: Google Forms allows you to display the aggregate response or individual response to the survey as well.
- Easy to embed with WordPress: Embedding Google Form into WordPress is quite easy, as all you need to do is grab the Embed HTML from Google and place it in the Text tab of the WordPress editor.
- Visualization options: It offers helpful interfaces like graphs, pie charts, plain texts, etc to analyze responses to your surveys, quizzes, and polls.
- Captcha: Google forms offer the option of adding captcha to your survey and quizzes to prevent spam leads.
- Highly customizable: With Google Forms, you can also split up your form responses to as many as 10 columns for high customization.
- CSS Prefix: This feature allows you to add a prefix to the beginning of your form to give it a different touch in a professional style.
- Quickly switch between individual responses and aggregate data
- Analyze results easily with interactive interface.
- Easy to embed with WordPress sites.
- A wide range of question types
- The ‘Thank You” page displays Google’s branding
- Lacks a professional look
5. Modal Survey
Model Survey is a premium survey plugin for WordPress sites. It allows you to get your visitor’s feedback via professional looking and attention-seeking polls or surveys. Moreover, it offers unlimited embedding options, surveys, questions, and answers. You can display results in a variety of formats including Line Bar, Progress Bar, Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Line Chart, Doughnut Chart, Polar Chart, Radar Chart, and Plain Text. On top of it, you can add the survey wherever you want with its integrated shortcode. You need to spend $35 to purchase a regular license for Modal Survey.
Features of Modal Surveys
- Product recommendation quizzes: If you have an eCommerce website, then this feature is particularly useful to you. You can create a questionnaire, which recommends products to your users depending upon their response.
- Great visualization options: With Moda; Survey, you have a great variety of visualization options to view results including Line Bar, Progress Bar, Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Line Chart, Doughnut Chart, Polar Chart, Radar Chart, and Plain Text.
- Shortcode integration: Shortcode integration allows you to add polls or surveys wherever you want to, just by copy-pasting the shortcode.
- Front-end builder: With Modal Surveys, you get a front-end builder, which is helpful in building easy to use and professional looking surveys.
- Easy to embed with WordPress: With its front-end builder and shortcode integration Modal Surveys are extremely compatible with WordPress sites and blogs.
- Countdown timers: It allows you to equip your quizzes with countdown timers, for each question or for the overall quiz.
- Email marketing integrations: With this feature, you can also ask your respondents to subscribe to your email list.
- Flexible and highly customizable: With an easy-to-use front-end builder and unlimited visualization options, you can create an highly flexible and customizable survey.
Pros of Modal Surveys
- Easy to integrate with shortcode
- Easy to build recommendation quizzes
- A variety of visualization options available to view results
- Countdown timer option is also offered
Cons of Modal Surveys
- No drag-and-drop builder
Best WordPress Survey Plugins Compared (2020)
|WordPress survey Plugins||WP Forms||Modal Surveys||Google Forms||Survey Anyplace||Gravity Forms|
|Free/Paid||Free||$35||Free||Free and paid version at $33.5||$259|
|Drag & Drop||Available||No||No||Available||Available|
|Tested up to WordPress Version||5.4.1||5.4.1||5.3.3||5.6 or higher||5.3|
Bonus WordPress survey plugins
6. Quiz and Survey Master
Quiz and Survey Master is an exclusive WordPress survey plugin, which can help you discover the performance of your services, products, and landing pages. It is fully loaded with the useful features to run a successful poll or survey. Although it’s interface is not-so-friendly, however, its fully-loaded features make up for it. With the ability to fully customize the survey text, you can create exceptionally professional looking surveys.
Features of Quiz and Survey Master
- Easy-to-use interface: Although its interface looks a little outdated, it is still quite easy to install and use.
- Variety of question types: You can use this plugin to create multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, true or false, and other types of questions.
- Free of cost: Quiz and Survey Master is available for free that lets you analyze the performance of your services, products, and landing pages.
- Highly customizable: With Quiz and Survey Master, you can fully customize the survey text, everything from blocks text to the submit button.
- Unlimited result pages: Quiz and Survey Master allows you to create unlimited result pages, depending on how a user answers, each with custom text.
- View survey results on WordPress Dashboard: It makes things easier for you with the paid version, as it allows you to keep everything in a single place and view results on your WordPress dashboard.
- Email marketing: With Quiz and Survey Master, you can also send email with the user’s results after they finish the survey/ quiz.
- Different survey displays: Quiz and Survey Master offers you two options: either show all questions at once or create a multi-page survey.
Pros of Quiz and Survey Master
- Plenty of control over the questions and texts on your survey
- Offers a variety of question types
- Dynamic information via template variables
- Shortcode integration makes it easy to embed
Cons of Quiz and Survey Master
- Outdated interface
- Results dashboard lacks detailing
Best WordPress survey plugins – Conclusion
The purpose of this article is to make sure you can have the best options to pick from. All the above listed solutions are well-researched, tried and tested. From our pick, I want to recommend WP Forms, if you want an easy to design and implement freemium WordPress Plugin. It is available for free and offers almost every feature you could ever need to build a professional looking feedback form, surveys, quizzes, forms, etc. However, if you still feel the need of having some more advanced features, you can always upgrade to its paid version for just $30.90.
We hope this article was helpful to you. Feedback and surveys are essential in the current scenario. However, if you want to build a website with a drag-and-drop interface, you can create your own website with TemplateToaster and add a WordPress quiz plugin instead of going for a heavy-duty survey app.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now