26 Best Website Speed Test Tools Compared (2020)
Looking for Free Website Speed Test tools for WordPress? Here you will find all details related to Website Speed Test Tool and how to check website speed and performance. Website speed test tool is how promptly visitors are able to view the content on your site. It is important because a fast loading site help in lower bounce rate, better Search Engine ranking, longer user duration on page, more user engagement and improve overall experience. So, we need Website Speed Test Tools.
Here at TemplateToaster offline Website builder, we have rounded up free website speed test tools to ramp up the speed and performance if your site. you can also learn about some simple tips to speed up a WordPress site. By testing your site on the website speed test tools, you can catch the bottlenecks and rectify them. These Free Website speed Test Tools not only test site but also checks mobile browser performance, security, measure your site performance with competitors and provide suggestion to improve. These are the parameters of success on the web.
If you want your users to enjoy on your site without hiccups then you must read Best WordPress Cache Plugin to Speed Up My Site and How to Minify CSS and Optimize Safely to Boost Website Speed and give priority to you site speed which is possible if you choose best website builders or WordPress Page builders to built your site and they take care of website speed optimization of your site and you need not to worry about checking site speed every time.
Best Website Speed Test Tools help us in following ways
- Pinpointing large images causing the load time issue
- Finding out the plugins, fonts, scripts that are effecting page
- Analyze on mobile devices
- Analyze page load time, page size and number of requests made
- Checks the performance of a site from multiple location
- Evaluating Time to First Byte
- Trace performance history
- Analyze HTTP headers
- Multi browser monitoring
- Minification of resources
List of the best Website Speed Test Tools in 2020
- G.T Metrix
- Dotcom Monitor
- Load Impact
- Google Pagespeed Insights
- Yellow Web Page
- Sucuri Load Time Tester
- Varvy Pagespeed Optimization
- Chrome Dev Tools
- Website Pulse
- Site 24*7
- Site relic
- Think With Google
- Mobile-Friendly from Google
Best Website Speed Test Tools Compared (2020)
|Pingdom||70 global polling locations||Basic for free-$14.95 per month||5||Yes|
|G.T metric||28 servers in 7 different areas global||Up to 3 URL Free- $14.95||4.7||Yes|
|Keycdn||16 locations around the globe.||Free||2.5||NA|
|WebPageTest||40 locations and over 25 browsers||Free||4.7||NA|
|Dotcom Monitor||23 different polling locations and 7 browsers||30 days free
Best Website Speed Test Tools (Review)
1. Pingdom (Free – $14.95 per month)
Pingdom is a tool for analyzing the performance. It is one of the most popular best website speed test tool available in the market. It has suite of features and option to check site speed and performance. To start a test, you have to put URL and select one of the available server locations. Once a test is complete, it let you know the relevant info about the page, load time, number of requests, google PageSpeed and performance grade. The result report is divided into four sections waterfall breakdown, a performance grade, page analyse and a history.
Features of Pingdom
- The report on file size load times and general details of a web page.
- Website speed test rating out of 100
- YSlow and google Pagespeed insight are used.
- Sort and filter the information
- The final result is displayed in waterfall chart
- Multiple location are taken into consideration while examining performance grade and tips
- Page Analysis tab gets HTTP server response codes and provides information on load time, page size and requests.
- Trace the performance history and check site speed improvement over time.
Price: Basic for free
Premium Service: $14.95 per month
2. GTmetrix (Free – $14.95)
https://gtmetrix.com/. You paste the URL of the site in order to examine, it scans your site and give the detailed report. It shows the summary of result including page size, requests per page and load time. The report has five categories: YSlow, Waterfall Chart, History and Video. It examine site from 7 different locations.
Features of GTmetrix best website speed test tool
- Displays the report history and the waterfall chart of your site.
- Gives PDF version of the report
- To evaluate front-end performance it uses Google PageSpeed Grade and Yslow Grades.
- Video playback to find where exactly the problem is
- Adblock function to know how site responds when there are no adds running on website
- Options to supervise website data daily, weekly and monthly and set up alerts.
- Advance features includes URL Whitelist/Blacklist, Cookie Sessions, Save Report Data, Adblock Plus, Connection Throttling etc.
- Developer toolkit to simulate pages on different kinds of devices and screen resolutions.
- Grade elements and list them from F to A
- Optimize big images for you
Free: Up to 3 URLs
Business plan starts : $14.95
3. Keycdn – best Website Speed Test Tool
Keycdn is a quick and lightweight website speed test tool. It monitors site effectively from 16 locations around the globe. It helps you to know all the basics about the site speed. It provides information on the time it takes to connect to the web server. The application features several other tools like ping tester, IP location lookups, HTTP verification and many more. Check out best CDN services
Features of Keycdn web performance test
- Gives unique link and choice to keep result public or private.
- Report includes a waterfall chart and a preview
- Report about the number of HTTP requests
- Ping tester performs 14 different ping and latency tests.
- IPlocation lookup tool helps to know the IP addresses and hostname
- Includes HTTP status code, DNS and others.
- Test is HTTP/2 making it most advance test of the performance.
4. WebPageTest – Website Speed Test tool
WebPageTest takes unique approach to test your site, what they call it “a first view and a repeat view”. It has tons of options. It gives you a choice of conducting the website performance test from 40 locations and over 25 browsers which also includes mobile devices. After a quick inspection, user can drill down into performance report and a waterfall chart. In webpagetest, grading is done from A to F based on time to first byte, effective CDN use, caching and compression, among other metrics. WebPageTest report has 6 sections: Performance Reviews, Details, Summary, Content Analysis and Screenshots.
Features of Webpagetest
- Resource loading report and waterfall chart for additional information of site performance
- Checks and suggestions for improvement
- Multi URL comparison allowed
- Different colors to represent different content elements
- Webpagetest assign your site a grade from F to A.
5. Dotcom Monitor (Free – $5.99 per month)
In Dotcom-monitor user can select any browser from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and mobile browsers including iPad, iPhone, Android and blackberry and more. The report comes in 5 categories.The test is done from 23 different polling locations and 7 browsers worldwide. It offers trail edition for 30 days.
- Fastest and slowest 10% of the element
- The main report in a waterfall view
- The SSL allows encryption between data sending and receiving.
- Check for errors and diagnose them faster
- With a ping test, you can Check network connectivity.
Trial Edition : Free for 30 days.
Premium Plan: Starts at $5.99 per month
6. Load Impact (Free- $119 per month)
Load impact is one of the best website speed test tool for realistic load testing and monitoring. This free website speed test tools has no hidden caching or romanticized user behaviour. It test your site across 10 different regions and even add more locations upon request.The metrics are very detail and from various part of the world.
- Use multiple concurrent TCP connections from a single target host
- Advance and automatic scripting
- Scenario recorder easy to use
- Supports any HTTP-based application service
- In 60 seconds, it can ramp-up from 0 to 100,000 users
- A range of browsers like opera, chrome, firefox can be emulated
Free plan: 10 test per month
Premium Version: starts at $119 per month
7. Uptrends (Free- $13.35 per month)
Uptrends enable you to analyze performance from 184 locations to choose from around the globe. Besides, web application monitoring it also provides monitoring for the website, mobile devices and for sites performance. They offer a 30-day free trial. This best free website speed test tool identify bottlenecks created by third-party scripts and bloat.
Features of uptrends
- The final report has two sections: a waterfall breakdown and domain group
- Get data from real site visitors with Real User Monitoring.
- Multi-step API monitoring to control APIs.
- Synthetic monitoring to sky-rocket your website performance
- Third party monitoring with the Full Page Check.
Premium plan: $13.35 per month
8. Google Pagespeed Insights
Google PageSpeed Insights is a simple and powerful website speed test tool which does website speed test quickly. It thoroughly analyze the website performance. Google pagespeed analysis do two things. First, it checks the overall loading time. Second, it checks the time to above-the-fold load.
- Give Analysis report on both Desktop and Mobile
- Reports of result and suggestions for improvements are displayed
- Website speed test grade from 0 to 100 points
- Mobile report has user experience category that includes size of your tap target, eligible font sizes and viewpoint configuration.
Pagelocity is an innovative and unique website speed test tool that also checks website performance quickly. Then, it analysis and evaluate report. It helps to improve the overall user experience. It offers some unique features that are not seen in other tools such as a view of your competitor’s performance and side by side identify your comparative weaknesses and strengths.
- Valuable insights about the text content in a web page.
- Result in resource view and code view
- Hints to update your code
- Load quickly and a minimal bandwidth load.
- Responsive approach accessible from desktop to all type of mobile devices.
- Identifying your edge or your competitor’s weaknesses
- Score site out of 100
- A graphical interface of your DOM elements with a bar chart.
- Get information about your markup: Google PageSpeed, classes/IDs and tags
10. Yellow Web Page
- Audit problems in the CSS, HTML, and JS
- Display various code validation issues.
- Collect metrics and stats to give score to your site.
- Rectify errors and optimize the site.
11. Sucuri Load Time Tester
Website Speed Test Tools that are worth a visit!
12. Varvy Pagespeed Optimization
- Tool is dedicated to SEO
- Tutorial on leveraging browser caching and critical rendering paths
- Enable compression and keep-alive
Once you input your website URL in bitcatcha it’ll show you how fast your web hosting is performing.The result report will be from 8 different locations that too reliable and fast. It follows 4 steps strategy to measure the performance of the site.
- Resolve the DNS of the domain name
- Find the real IP address
- Sends eight different pings to the server to know the performance of server globally
- Calculate the average time required to get responses from the site
- Measure up number against top 10000 global sites
You put URL of the site, hit the search button, and let Monitis’s app do the rest. It will give results in a table and simple chart with their performance as well as all the links. It test site from 3 different regions. They offer 15 days free trial.
Features of Monitis website performance test
- Find out trends and see your website’s historical performance.
- This free website speed test tools Check site across 3 different regions
- Allows to share the result via direct message or social media
- Help to identify bottlenecks on the web page
PerfTool has an npm package to display statistics about the site performance. They are on Github. It used three free plugins for testing namely dev-perf, w3cjs, and Google pagespeed insight.
Features of perftool
- Information displayed in an AngularJS based webpage
- Run multiple pages tests at the same time
- Get detailed report of assessment and set score threshold .
- Compare current performance with past performances
- Free website speed test tool provides style guide to help users
- Information on CSS resources count and HTML errors.
- Free – $14.95 per month
16. Chrome Dev Tools for free site speed test
Chrome Dev Tools are built direct into the Google Chrome browser. You may feel speed tool little overwhelming as there are so many tabs! But, if you spend few hours to get known with tabs to understand what’s possible, you may find out that this free website speed test tool can boost your productivity. The free website speed test tool allows you to identify problems fastly as well as view and change any page.
- Record everything that happens on the page and then analyze the results
- Debug issues much faster
- Option to Freely manipulate the DOM and CSS.
DareBoost has popped up recently and provide three services : testing, analyzing and optimizing your site. The product compares the performance of your webpage with your competitor then it find out the weakness and strengths of each at a glance. You get tips and tricks on how to improve speed and performance.
- Give result in waterfall and timeline
- Website performance test is from 13 different locations
- 100+checkpoints for speed analyzing
- UX analysis, Video Replay and filmstripes
- Provides PDF export and shareable reports
- Advanced settings as HTTP headers injection, blacklist or AdBlock enabling.
Yslow is based on Yahoo! Rules. Marcel Duran, of the Webpagtest Project maintains it. Yahoo has pinpointed 34 rules that affects web page performance, out which 23 are used by Yslow to test the site performance. Among these are AJAX Cacheable, no 404 errors, avoid filters, configure ETags, remove duplicate scripts.
- Summarizes the components of the page
- Suggestions for better performance of web page
- Available as a browser extension for Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome
- Scores based on 0 to 100 scale
- Performance analyzing tool includes JSLint and Smush.it
- Show statistics about the page
19. Website Pulse
Website Pulse is a website speed test tool that keep watch on your speed websites, web applications, servers and network components. It verify whether devices respond properly and connected to the Internet.
- Ensures or checks the proper page content delivered to the users
- Check issues related to the transactions on your site
- Scan firewalls and servers for security issues
- Detects for outgoing and incoming email system
- Downloads the certificate and test its validity and expiration
Bonus best Website Speed Test Tools to check out
20. Site 24*7
The purpose behind Site 24×7 website speed test tool is to analyze web page and optimize website performance. You need to input URL of the site, then select the location from where you want to test and your site performance test is underway. It test site from more than 90 locations globally.
Alertra provides monitoring service. The idea behind this website speed test tool is to detect equipment lockups, hard connection failures and operating system failures on the spot. Monitoring service from alertra follows 4 step : ping, check, verify and notify.
- API to alert configuration and automate maintenance
- Customizable webhooks to integrate any 3rd party API
- Automatically updates your domain DNS records in case of an outrage
22. Site Relic
Site Relic is one of the newer website speed test tool in the market. With the tool you can test site speed from 9 locations and across devices.
- Number of requests are made by content type like scripts, CSS and HTML
- Requests made to load the web page.
- Checks the pagesize
- Checks full load time on mobile and desktop
- Measure Time to First Byte
23. Nibber (Free- $60 )
Nibber is created by Silktide a site designing company. Especially built, to test site speed. You just paste the site address, then click on test button. This free website speed test tools shows score out of 10 for numerous criteria which includes technology, SEO, accessibility and social media. You get all related information on website without paying anything, but it is limited to 3 reports.
Free: 3 reports
Pro version:$60 per month.
Best Website Speed Test Tools for mobile website
24. Think With Google
Think With Google Mobile performance test tool allows you to examine the site speed on the mobile devices.
25. Mobile-Friendly from Google
Mobile-Friendly from Google let you know if your site is mobile friendly or not. It is a basic test we should perform before launching a new site.
MobiReady is a performance test for webmasters, mobile web developers and designers to test site performance on the mobile.
Here I would like to introduce our Industry Leading Website Builder named TemplateToaster. It creates very light weight Templates, Themes and Websites as per the suggestions of major website speed Test Tools covered above. It lets you design websites without fuss of learning code. Best Web design software pre designed lightweight templates will naturally boost the speed and you will not require much performance tests. Above all, you can generate awesome website design with TemplateToaster, the software provide you the best of both worlds by speed optimization and helping you to design sites. Check out best WordPress hosting providers.
Which best website speed test tools you use?
I have listed above number of free website speed test tools and each of them has unique features. These free website speed test tools will render you great help to check site speed and finding out the bottlenecks and fixing them up. Feel free to share free website speed test tools, you are using to test website speed. I will mention it in our article if it worth.I have listed above number of free website speed test tools and each of them has unique features.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now