Wix vs Weebly vs TemplateToaster : The Ultimate Comparison Guide
Wix vs Weebly vs TemplateToaster which is better! In general, all the three are website builders. Then how to differentiate? How to pick one over the other?
Picking the right website builder is primitive. Most users face a dilemma choosing the right builder. To help you in this pursuit, I’m sharing my experience of using all the three (Wix, Weebly, TemplateToaster) to ‘sail you through’.
Wix vs Weebly vs TemplateToaster Comparison Chart
|Cannot work Offline||Cannot work Offline||Can work Offline|
|Do not work with the third party CMSes||Do not work with the third party CMSes||Works almost with all the CMSes|
|Cannot change your website’s HTML/CSS code||Can change your website’s HTML/CSS code||Can easily change your website’s HTML/CSS code|
|Cannot edit your website’s code in IDE(like DreamWeaver, Notepad++ etc)||Cannot edit your website’s code in IDE||Can easily edit your website’s code in IDE|
|Monthly Pricing plans||Monthly plans||One-time Payment|
|Can only design one website with per subscription||Only one website with per subscription||Can design an unlimited number of websites with one-time fees|
|Phone support(6 Am – 5 Pm PST)||Phone support, live chat (6 Am – 6 Pm PST)||Live chat, Tickets (24/7), forum|
|Pure drag and drop environment||Specified drag and drop||Drag and drop but a bit more structured|
|Cannot Start from the Scratch||Cannot Start from the Scratch||Can Start from the Scratch|
|Cannot use Third Party CMS plug-ins||Cannot use Third Party CMS plug-ins||Can use Third Party CMS plug-ins|
|You are destined to use Wix’s hosting server only||Have to use Weebly’s hosting server only||Can use any hosting server of your choice with TemplateToaster|
Now, I’ll highlight various advantages and disadvantages of using these tools on various metrics. All this will help you make a sound decision and choose the best out of best.
Wix, Weebly, TemplateToaster all these offer a plethora of themes to choose and to be used across different industries and businesses.
It is one of the most popular cloud-based website builders that allows you create HTML5 websites. It also offers third-party applications like the mobile editor for some extra functionality.
- Wix offers 500+ professionally designed themes catering different industries.
- Offers easy to use mobile-editor. So, you can easily adjust the mobile view and make your website responsive.
- It’s cloud based hence you could access it anywhere.
- Cloud-based, you won’t be able to access once you are offline.
- Wix doesn’t offer the third party CMS support.
- Doesn’t allow you to change a theme. Thus, you need to be hyper selective. You might be re-building a website!!
- It is mostly dependent on the third party applications like My Mobile App, Comments App, Gift Card App etc for its functionality.
- With Wix, you can only design one website with one subscription.
Weebly is also a cloud-based website editor. It offers simpler and interactive user interface. You need not juggle through different options, Weebly is very well managed website builder.
- You can customise the template code of your website.
- You can find suitable design templates for a particular industry (it offers 100+ professionally designed templates).
- Weebly offers responsive themes.
- It’s cloud based hence need not worry about desktop configurations and updates.
- Cloud-based, you won’t be able to access once you are offline.
- Weebly doesn’t offer the third party CMS support.
- You can only design one website with monthly fees using Weebly.
TemplateToaster is a desktop software that works with almost every major content management systems. It could be considered as one of the best theme designing software. Interface it offers is so simple that you will never find any difficulty using it even for the very first time.
- It’s a desktop application (works offline so no worries of data connectivity or browser crashing).
- TemplateToaster works with all the major Content Management Systems like WordPress, Joomla, Magento etc.
- It offers various themes to be used in different industries (200+ professionally designed themes).
- You can easily change the template or customise template code of your website (do not have to re-build completely).
- It offers functionality to accustom mobile view of your website according to your taste.
- You can design any number of websites with one time fees.
- Desktop based, you need to download and install it before using.
- With TemplateToaster you need to download the updates.
So, I believe I’ve already solved your dilemma on the beast – Wix, Weebly or TemplateToaster. In my view and in accordance with my experience using all these tools, I must say: I will go with the TemplateToaster.
Although Wix offers a larger number of themes but it certainly lags when comes re-editing your website. Wix got some serious issues like not offering website redesign and not supporting major CMSes. Weebly, however, might offer re-designing but it still has closed ends as it does not work with third party CMSes like WordPress, Joomla etc.
Pricing plays a crucial role in the selection of a tool. Let me take you through this metric, too, so that you can make judicious decisions.
Starting with the Wix,
Wix offers a free edition and five premium plans. A noticeable fact is free and the lowest price edition of Wix ($5 a month) aren’t ads free. In both the editions, you will be having Wix brand ads and that too on the top of your website. Another thing is that all these Wix’s plans are annual and with different but definite monthly instalment as per the plan. You have to choose an annual plan and can pay the amount in, definite monthly instalments.
Weebly, on the other hand, offers one free and four paid editions. Again like Wix, the plans Weebly offer are annual plans with definite monthly instalments. Whereas, in Weebly only the free version display ads that too in the bottom of your website.
TemplateToaster also offers a free/trial edition and two paid editions. But unlike Wix, in TemplateToaster the cost you are going to pay is a one-time cost. Also, TemplateToaster does not display any ads in any of its editions. Only the free edition of TemplateToaster show watermarks with the brand name.
So in a comparison between Wix, Weebly, and TemplateToaster, on the pricing metric, I won’t pick a winner. I, however, would like you select one as per your preferences and requirements. All these tools offer some great deals to choose from.
Wix, Weebly, and TemplateToaster all offer an extensive customer support via user forums and tutorials.
Wix offers a phone support available from 6 Am – 5 Pm PST. It also provides video support to its users to help them in finding the solution of their query or when they are struck somewhere. You will find help buttons at every page so that you may feel assisted. You can also contact them via mail or social media.
Weebly offers free phone support (6 Am – 6 Pm Pst) and live-chat as well. It provides videos and tutorials so it may be easier to the beginners. Weebly also offers mail support and you can approach them through social media as well. But, it does not offer any 24/7 support.
TemplateToaster offers 24/7 Ticket Support and live-chat where you can chat with their customer support executive regarding your query or problem you are stuck in. A community forum is also available for product-related discussions. It also offers videos, documentations where you could find the answer to your query from already answered questions as well. You can also contact them via mail or social media.
Now comparatively here, I will pick TemplateToaster because most of the times I work late in the night and only TemplateToaster offers 24/7 support. But, otherwise, if you work during the day all the three offer tools offer excellent customer support.
Ease of Use
Wix, Weebly, and TemplateToaster offer a friendly user interface. You will never have any difficulty finding the things you are looking for. But, they offer different functionality and features that make their interface easier for you.
Wix is one of the easiest if not the easiest website builder. You have freedom to manage your website as per your taste. Wix offers complete WYSIWYG environment and allows you to customise your website using drag and drop design element. You don’t really have to write the code.
Some of the best features of WIX’s UI are as follows
- Wix offers pure drag and drop interface.
- The interface is well organised.
- Cannot start from scratch (you have to select a theme to work on).
- You can find help buttons everywhere while using Wix.
- With Wix, you need not know coding.
Weebly is very simple and easy to use website builder. It is user-friendly and offers an attracting interface. Weebly offers well-managed environment making it even easier for its users to find functionality they need.
Some key features of Weebly’s UI
- Templates have definite drag and drop zone (have to place your content in the specified zone).
- Weebly’s Interface is simple and well managed.
- Coding is not an issue using Weebly.
- You cannot Start from the Scratch (have to select a theme).
TemplateToaster supports responsive designs and beautiful templates. It offers very simple and easy to work with the interface. You are never going to feel disconnected even if you are a beginner. TemplateToaster also offers a WYSIWYG editor.
Here are some key points of TemplateToaster’s UI
- It also offers drag and drop interface, but a bit more structured.
- TemplateToaster offers a well organised and managed interface.
- Knowledge of coding is not required.
- You can even Start from the Scratch (can make your own theme from head to toe). You need not to necessarily select a template.
Again, in comparison, there is no clear winner. All the three Wix, Weebly, and TemplateToaster are easy to use but are still different in many ways. The only major difference I could see is that you cannot Start from Scratch either with Wix or Weebly. This might not be an issue for a beginner but for professionals it is a thing to be considered seriously.
Wix, Weebly, and TemplateToaster all offer great in-house features. Here, at this platform, we are going to discuss the possibilities you can explore using these three tools.
Wix is one of the most popular website builders at this time. It offers multiple features and functionality to design your website according to your taste. Wix offers a number of third-party applications in its app market to provide you with some extra functionality. There are both free and paid applications in Wix’s app market. The flip side to this is, Wix rely a bit more on these third party applications and offers a very basic functionality in-bound. Although, Wix offers multiple e-commerce, blog features but it does not work with the third-party CMSes so, we cannot use WordPress or Joomla Plugins with the Wix.
Weebly is another immensely popular website builder. It is feature rich and easy to use. Although Weebly does not support third party CMSes but it offers functionality to alter your website’s HTML/CSS code. With Weebly, you can make mobile responsive websites but cannot alter the mobile view of your website according to your own taste. Weebly does offer mobile optimisation but, it only works with old, non-responsive templates. Weebly does offer a good deal of e-commerce, blog features but like Wix, it does not rely on third-party plugins.
TemplateToaster is a high-end software with definite functionality and open ends. By open ends I mean to say is it works totally fine with almost all the CMSes. TemplateToaster offers various features of its own and can be used with the CMSes like WordPress, Joomla Etc to extend your website’s functionality. It offers website design and blog features of its own, you can also install plugins offered by third party CMSes. TemplateToaster also offers functionality to accustom mobile view of your website.
Best Drag and Drop interface to Design stunning WordPress Themes
I did a head on comparison of Wix, Weebly, and TemplateToaster on various metrics. It could help you provide a bird’s eye view of which one to choose. In the end, none of the tools is a jack of all trades. Wix and Weebly are awesome and if you are a beginner you are going to love these. But if you are a professional web designer who designs and develops multiple websites, TemplateToaster will be the ideal choice for you.
I tried to make this comparison truthful and unbiased. You might have a different opinion. In such a case you should share your view with me in the comments section below.