10 Best Logo Design Software Compared (2020)
Logo design software – a secret magical tool for a successful business. A logo is the heart of your business. No doubt other related factors are also important but a logo is certainly is the first impression of your company. A great logo is a beautiful amalgamation of letters, shapes, and colors. And to obtain a powerful logo you definitely need the best logo design software program. This article includes the list of best logo designing software compared for designers and beginners.
A logo design software helps you design a simple and striking logo effortlessly. You can hire a professional freelancer or a company to create a logo for your business. But, sometimes outsourcing your logo design can be a bit heavy on your pocket. Instead, you can do it yourself with the help of an affordable logo design program. However, it is suggested that while designing a logo pay attention to colors. According to studies color of your logo is 85% of the reason why users choose you over others.
Here, at TemplateToaster best web design software blog I have curated a list of the best feasible solutions for beginners and professionals. And all of these Logo maker software is simple to use and gives you a complete professional logo in minutes. So, you must try.
How to Choose the Best Logo Design Software – What to Look for?
A logo design software provides various features to create a beautiful and relevant logo for your business. There are a number of logo design software present both free and paid over the internet and you can use them however you like. A logo design software should be efficient enough to provide a compelling logo without many efforts. Pay attention to the following things.
Ease of Use: A logo design software should be easy to use. So that even a novice can use it. Usually, logo design software are based on the drag & drop functionality and you don’t have to do anything except simply dragging the elements to the desired place to create a beautiful logo.
Price: Make sure you haven’t picked up something that is too heavy on your pocket. However, you can choose a 100% free software instead of any premium software, depending upon your logo needs.
Features: Well, another important factor is what kind of features the selected software is offering you. You can take the trial before finalizing any software. Be sure the design software is allowing you to make desired customizations in your logo and then go for it.
List of Best Logo Design Software for designers
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Hatchful by Shopify
- Affinity Designer
- Gravit Designer
- Adobe Spark
Best Logo Design Software Compared (2020)
|Best Logo Design Software||Ease of Use||Free Version||Trial||Pricing||Money Back||Device Supported||Know More|
|Adobe Illustrator||Simple||Yes||One Month||$31.49/month||30 Days||Windows, Mac||Official Website|
|CorelDRAW||Easy||Available||7 Days||$602||30 Days||Windows, Mac||Official Website|
|Adobe Photoshop||Moderate||Yes||7 Days||$20.99/month||30 Days||Mac, Windows||Official Website|
|GIMP||Average||Free||Free||Open-source||N/A||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X||Official Website|
|Inkscape||Easy to use||Yes||Open-source||Free||Free||macOS, Windows, Linux||Official Website|
|Canva||Simple||No||30 Days||$9.95/month||No||iOS, Android, Web||Official Website|
|Hatchful by Shopify||Medium||Free||N/A||Free||N/A||Web||Official Website|
|Affinity Designer||Medium||Yes||Yes||￡48.99||14 Days||Mac, Windows||Official Website|
|Gravit Designer||Easy||Yes||Yes||$49/year||30 Days||Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS||Official Website|
|Adobe Spark||Simple||Yes||Available||$59.99/year||30 Days||Windows, Mac OS X, Chromebook, iOS, Android||Official Website|
Best Logo Design Software for designers (Review)
1. Adobe Illustrator – Best Logo Design Software for Beginners
Adobe Illustrator is an integral part of Adobe Creative Suite having plenty of features that lets you create brilliant logos in no time. You can create logos, drawings, and icons with available powerful features. Adobe Illustrator is used for vector design applications. Thus, by far the best vector graphic editor. Moreover, the vector drawing editor gives you perfectly scaled logos. With this logo designing program, it is quite easy to manage every aspect of the logo and to improve the design.
In addition, you can join the Adobe Illustrator Community Forum to connect with existing Adobe users and learn from their experiences. However, Adobe gives you the freedom to wear your creative cap and make a logo of your choice. With Adobe Illustrator you can create almost any piece of art. The Adobe Illustrator Pro Plan Starts at $20.99/month. And features like Puppet Wrap that makes the modification of logo quick and the SVG OpenType fonts which let you include a beautiful range of colors, justify the price completely. However, some professionals might choose Inkscape over Illustrator because they both have a huge range of professional attributes to serve your purpose. But I would suggest you compare Coreldraw vs Illustrator, Inkscape vs Illustrator , Lightroom vs Photoshop, Coreldraw vs Photoshop , Affinity designer vs Illustrator and Illustrator vs Photoshop , Indesign vs Illustrator in order to decide which logo maker software works better for you. .
Adobe Illustrator Pricing
- Monthly: US$31.49/month
- Annual Plan Prepaid: US$239.88/year
- Annual Plan paid Monthly: US$20.99/month
- Adobe Illustrator allows you to scale up and scale down your work anytime you want while your project.
- This logo maker software can seamlessly integrate with other Adobe products.
- It comes with more than 16,000 fonts.
- The basic plan of Adobe Illustrator is quite affordable.
- The new true size-view automatically zoom value corresponds to the display.
- It is one of the best vector graphic software in the industry and gives you amazing vector designs.
- It has a flexible user interface.
- Illustrator provides you in-panel editing.
- you can easily use multiple artboards simultaneously.
- You can use it on almost any computer system.
- Adobe Illustrator comes with a steep learning curve.
- It will take up a lot of space.
- It does not provide wide support for raster graphics.
2. CorelDRAW – Best logo designing Software for Sketching
CorelDRAW has come a long way in the field of logo design. No matter, if you are a beginner or a professional logo designer CorelDRAW would make your logo designing process a breeze. Moreover, tools like Corel capture and Corel photo-shop enhances your logo designing experience. Thus, logos built with CorelDRAW are highly professional and superior in quality. So, make CorelDRAW one of the best logo design tools in the market. It offers unmatchable color accuracy and flexibility to deliver a stunning logo. The Pro version of CorelDRAW comes at $602. You won’t find anything better than CorelDraw when it comes to logo sketching.
- It gives you the experience of the non-destructive effects of vector and bitmap objects.
- It authorizes you to control the structure of the document and its components.
- CorelDRAW is a vector graphic oriented logo design software.
- The LiveSketch feature is an amazing addition in the logo designing world by CorelDRAW.
- It is pretty simple to create high-quality vector mosaics.
- It is the best software for logo sketching.
- It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It comes in both Windows and Mac versions with trials.
- You can easily resize and relocate the toolbar and menu.
- The LiveSketch features give stunning results.
- The freehand brush is a little hard to use.
- Higher learning curve.
3. Adobe Photoshop – Best Logo Design Software for Designers
Adobe Photoshop is indeed a magnificent tool from Adobe family, known as the master of image editing. This tool is built for professional designers to create gorgeous illustrations, 3d paintings, icons, and logos. Various exemplary features such as artistic filters, color levels, texture and many more make Photoshop the most desirable graphic design software. But, it requires you to have some photoshop skills to create effective logos. It works perfectly for novice users as well. And the user-friendly features make designing graphics as easy as pie. The Pro Version of Adobe Photoshop comes at $20.99/month.
Adobe Photoshop Pricing
- Monthly Plan: US$31.49/month
- Annual Plan, Prepaid: US$239.88/year
- Annual Plan, Paid Monthly: US$20.99/month
- Adobe Photoshop is beautiful photo manipulation and logo designing software comes with professional features.
- It works flawlessly with other Adobe products.
- It is an immensely versatile software.
- You can include animations as well.
- You can easily transfer images between programs.
- Adobe Photoshop is a perfect tool for graphic designers and other design professionals.
- It gives you mobile-friendly images and logos.
- It’s quite simple to edit a variety of image formats.
- The integrated stock library is readily available.
- It can be a little heavy on the fresher’s pocket.
- The interface of Adobe Photoshop can be a little overwhelming for a novice to get started.
- A progress bar is missing with some of the tools.
4. Gimp – Logo designing Software program
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a free logo design software and open-source image editor. It is coupled with features that have an intuitive interface which in turn allows you to create beautiful designs. However, GIMP is not only for experienced users in fact even amateurs can also use it to bring out some amazing artwork. You are free to use it for platforms like Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. And there are many third-party plugins available that let you design a logo with ease. However, it may also interest you to read about the contrast between GIMP vs Photoshop.
GIMP is an open-source software to use.
- It is an open-source logo design software.
- There are various plugins to enhance the functionality
- It supports almost every time of file format.
- It is available for multiple platforms.
- It is completely free to use logo design software.
- GIMP is highly flexible software.
- It is lightweight designing software.
- Being an open-source platform you might have to wait for a while for updates.
- It lacks in the adjustments layers.
Inkscape is a free and open-source robust vector design tool. It is an ideal choice for illustrations and designing any other form of graphics. The web design library helps you produce stunning illustrations, logos, and other web graphics. Inkscape supports SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file format like many others. Whereas, you’re free to import and export other file formats as well. Inkscape is fully compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. And this certainly makes Inkscape the integral part of any amateur graphic designer’s toolkit. However, reading about Inkscape vs Illustrator might give a more clear idea.
Inkscape is an open-source software to use.
Features of logo maker software
- Inkscape is an ideal solution for web designers, illustrators.
- It is coupled with tools such as calligraphy tools, pen tools, pencil tools text tools, shape tools.
- It comes with multi-stop gradients.
- Inkscape has a complete anti-aliased display.
- Node editing, alignment, and distribution.
- It is free and open-source designing software.
- Extendible drawing tools.
- Inkscape is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and web-based.
- Since it is an open-source tool, so, you might have to wait for bug fixes.
- It has a steep learning curve.
- Inkscape has bad interoperability with Illustrator.
6. Canva – Best Online Logo Design Software
Canva is a powerful online logo design software. Any professional or organization can quickly create striking graphic design. It’s really simple to create a logo using Canva. You can use the free version if you are just starting out and then use the Canva Pro version in just $9.95/month once you get used to it. However, you don’t require any designing experience for using Canva and some other web design software to get started quickly. You can read Canva vs Phtoshop.
- Canva Pro: US$9.95/month
- Canva comes both in a free version and the Canva Pro version.
- It is a simple drag & drop logo design software.
- Canva offers a variety of beautiful templates under various categories.
- It offers over 50,000 free ready-to-use templates.
- Once you are done creating a logo, you can share it via message, social media, and other related apps.
- It is completely online. Thus, there is no need to download the software.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- This logo creator program is highly user-friendly.
- There are fewer options available in the mobile app as compared to the web app.
- The social media sharing is limited to Twitter and Facebook only.
7. Hatchful by Shopify
Undoubtedly, Hatchful logo maker is a super cool logo design software powered by Shopify. It delivers amazing logos for your business. Creating a logo with Hatchful is just a cakewalk. First, you have to select the related field of your business such as games, art, tech, etc. Then pick a suitable layout from the given options. And then add your business name and slogan (However, a slogan is optional). Now you can choose the best suitable logo that you find describing your business better. However, you are free to edit it and give it your own personal touch. And if you know the ways to improve your web design, then you will definitely end up having a beautiful website without having to outsource it.
It is free to use.
Features of logo designing software
- Hatchful offers you hundreds of free logo templates to choose from.
- You can play around with colors, fonts, icons.
- It comes with industry-specific logos.
- Simple and straightforward navigation.
- This logo maker software is entirely free to use.
- No designing experience is required.
- Probably best for small-scale projects.
- Social media is limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest only.
- It doesn’t have many customization options.
8. Affinity Designer
Affinity Designer is a vector graphic design tool. It helps you create accurate curves and customize live shapes for vector illustration. Certainly, Affinity Designer is an ideal solution for illustrators, UI designs. It is coupled with powerful features to give you amazing results. It is a good competitor for all the others mentioned on the list. However, you can try the Affinity Designer Pro version at ￡48.99.
Affinity Designer is available for Mac, Windows, and iPad.
- macOS: ￡48.99
- Windows: ￡48.99
- iPad: ￡19.99
- You will get non-destructive operations.
- It has advanced file support.
- You will get the live preview of transforms.
- Amazing real-time gradients, blend modes, and effects.
- You can create your own custom keyboard shortcuts.
- It has a wide range of tools.
- The type of professional features.
- Light and dark user interface availability.
- It has a steep learning curve.
- It doesn’t have any free trial for iPad.
9. Gravit Designer – Online Logo maker Software
Gravit Designer is a totally free feature-rich graphic design software. You can easily create and design logos, icons, illustrations, apps, and prints with the help of powerful tools. This logo design software can get a stunning logo in minutes. Anybody can use it over different platforms such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux. However, you can use it online as well. So, you can make the most of Gravit Designer being present both offline and online. However, you can anytime get the Gravit Designer Pro version in just $49.00/year.
Garvit Designer Pricing
- Gravit Designer Pro: US$49.00/year
- Gravit Designer has an SVG editing tool.
- It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Chrome OS.
- It gives you the power to zoom up to 25,600%. Hence, even the tiniest design detail will not be missed.
- Gravit Designer is really vivid, sharp, and intuitive designing software.
- You can switch between pixel, vector, export modes.
- You can make use of multiple styles.
- Creating curvy images and logos is a breeze.
- It has a range of effects.
- You won’t find many export options.
- Limited features with a free version.
10. Adobe Spark – best logo maker software
Undoubtedly, Adobe is a dominating brand in the field of web design and Adobe Spark is no exception. You can quickly build your graphics using a visual method. Any kind of graphics, videos, web pages, and logos can be built in minutes using Adobe spark. While there are a lot many features in Adobe Spark but the justified alignment feature will always help you design a logo that looks perfect everywhere. On the other hand, you can check the Adobe Spark Pro version in just $59.99/year.
Adobe Spark Pricing
Adobe Sparke offers a Starter Free Plan as well. However, you can choose a Pro plan also, if needed.
- Team: US$239.88/year
- Individual: US$59.99/year
Features of Adobe Spark
- Adobe Spark is free to use.
- You can use several pre-designed fonts.
- There are thousands of photos to choose from.
- Various beautiful pre-built themes.
- It comes in two variants: Adobe Mobile App and Adobe Spark Online.
- Adobe Spark offers a free trial.
- It comes with an easy to use interface.
- Adobe Spark is fast to use.
- It is available for Android, iOS, and web only.
- You might have to wait for the desktop-based platform availability.
- It does not include animations.
Why We Need Logo Design Software?
We need a logo design software in order to create an effective logo with minimal efforts. However, the fundamental purpose of a logo is to provide an identity to your business. And perhaps it is the most important factor while establishing your presence in the industry. Logo designing is an integral part of web design as an effective digital marketing strategy. Therefore, pay attention to your logo.
How to design a Logo?
Logo designing nowadays has become really simple, thanks to the tons of free and paid logo design software available. In order to create a beautiful as well as effective logo for your business requires creativity, strategy, and resource. A logo should always be aligned with your customers, which in turn increases the value of your brand. Usually, there are quite simple steps to create a logo.
- First and foremost, choose a logo design software.
- Second, select the pre-designed template or create your own while editing it as per your requirements.
- And finally, downloading it to your system to use it at the required space.
So, that’s how it works. Quite simple!
Logo Design Software for Designers and Enthusiasts
Logo design software is an essential part of web design. All the web design enthusiasts especially if I talk about logo designers they are the most creative people of all. Because while you create a logo there a number of factors such as logo color, shape, dimensions, typography, font style, size, effects, and cmost importantly it should be able to represent your business well. And this is where a logo design software comes to the rescue. Generally, logo design software is smart enough that every logo design is well structured and well thought. Check out the best infographic maker software , wireframe tools and photo editing software for designers
So, Which Logo Design Software is Best For You?
Well, there are a lot of options to choose from and the aforementioned list would definitely help you pick the one suitable solution for your business logo designing. That being said, while choosing a logo designing program, you should consider various factors such as affordability, level of difficulty, & ease of use. This, in turn, helps you begin with the right logo design software without getting involved in the intricacies of web design. All the discussed web design tools are best in their respective zones with supreme results. Hence, getting a perfect logo is confirmed. Check out how to choose the font, color and shape for your logo.
On the other hand, you may also like to use web design software that allows you to use your custom logo while creating your website. Yes! while create your own website with TemplateToaster you can use your own custom logo along with tons of features. So, give it a try and see yourself.
All right, if you’re already using any logo design tool and offline Website Builder software other than TemplateToaster, then do let me know about the level of contentment you had. Leave a note in the comments below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now