CorelDraw vs Illustrator Differences
CorelDraw and Illustrator are two massively popular graphic design software. If you are starting up a new project and you are having a hard time figuring out which of the two software will work best for you. As they almost seem similar, this CorelDraw vs Illustrator differences guide will help you decide to make your choice.
I have compiled some of the main differences between CorelDraw vs Illustrator to help you get started quickly. Let’s now learn them in detail.
What is CorelDraw?
CorelDraw is a professional graphic design software developed by Corel Corporation. This software is specialized in graphic processing. CorelDraw has always been Corel’s flagship program that ultimately became super popular for its speed and precision.
Generally, professional designers, industries, marketers, and engineers use CorelDraw. And the two important variants of CorelDraw i.e. CorelDraw Graphic Suite and CorelDraw Technical Suite.
What is Adobe Illustrator?
Adobe Illustrator is a professional vector-based drawing program. It is used by both graphic designers and artists to draw vector images. Adobe Illustrator uses mathematical constructs to create vector graphics. Generally, professionals used it to create illustrations, diagrams, logos, graphs, charts, and more.
Illustrator comes in both a desktop app and a mobile app. So, you have the privilege to use it however you like.
When to Choose CorelDraw?
- CorelDraw is a perfect solution when you want professional vector illustrations, photo editing, and typography tools to design visually impressive projects.
- Those who are interested in photo editing, logo designing, brochure designing use CorelDraw.
- Mostly graphic designers use this software for their graphic design projects.
- It is best suited for vector-based images, hence, it is used to edit two-dimensional images.
- Highly useful in print media industry.
When to Choose Adobe Illustrator?
- Adobe Illustrator can be used when you want to create a variety of digital cartoons, and print images, charts, and illustrations.
- When you have to import photographs and use them as a guide to trace an object in the photographs.
- When you need a simple solution to recolor or create sketch-like appearances.
Features of CorelDRAW
- CorelDraw has two editions one for CorelDraw Graphic Suite and the other is CorelDraw Technical Suite.
- The CorelDraw Graphic Suite 2020 includes the following.
- CorelDraw – The intuitive vector-illustration and page-layout application.
- Font Manager – This font management app makes it easy to find, organize, and preview stored fonts anywhere locally or in the network.
- PHOTO-Paint – The image editing feature lets you quickly and effortlessly retouch and enhance photos.
- Power Trace – This feature helps you accurately convert bitmaps into editable vector graphics with ease.
- After Shot – Photo editor allows you to create HDR images and make easy corrections and enhancements to the RAW and JPEG photos.
- CorelDraw.app – Sign in to the web app and access your work anywhere.
- The CorelDraw has a new Comment Docker (Windows) and Comment Inspector (macOS) for a collaboration hub.
- The new Collaboration sign-in options that let you sign in using G-suite.
- All new Annotation tools reinforce teamwork.
- CorelDraw AI-powered upsampling options that help in the enlargement of images without losing quality.
- The art style effect is there to modify images while preserving the original content.
- CorelDraw now supports customizable multi level bulleted and numbered lists in paragraph text.
Features of Adobe Illustrator
- Illustrator allows you to use cut, copy, and paste features and create multiple copies of the artboard for different documents.
- It has a new feature that automatically repairs the damaged document if found.
- It has a better product stability application than the other software available in the market.
- If you make any spelling errors,it will highlight them as soon as you write them.
- While using effects such as Inner and Outer glow, Blur, Drop Shadow, you will experience faster rendering.
- You can enjoy the shape builder tools for freeform merge/subtract mode.
- It has a Adobe stock marketplace integration.
- You can use your custom brushes, graphics, and colors with Adobe Illustrator.
- It comes for both macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Illustrator has plugins that help in making a blank web page into a beautifull looking page.
CorelDraw vs illustrator Comparison table (2020)
|CorelDraw vs Illustrator differences|
|First Release||Released in 1989 by Corel||March 1987 by Adobe|
|Primary Purpose||To “create” images||.To “Create” images/illustrations.|
|Plugin Support||Yes, started in 1997||Yes|
|Resolution||Same while zooming in or out||Same while zooming in or out|
|Used mostly in||area of Maps, Blueprints, and Schematics||Logos, Vector Art, Comic Art, etc.|
|Website||Coreldraw page||Illustrator page|
|Coreldraw vs illustrator detailed differences Table by TemplateToaster Blog|
History of CorelDraw
- Corel Corporation is a Canada-based company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario.
- It was initially released in 1989.
- CorelDraw was originally developed for Microsoft Windows 3 and currently runs over all the versions of Windows.
- CorelDraw is an ideal software to edit two-dimensional images such as posters and logos.
History of Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Illustrator is a product of Adobe Inc.
- It was first released in 1987 for Apple Macintosh.
- The current version Illustrator CC 2020, was released in October 2019.
- In 2018, Adobe Illustrator was reviewed as the best vector graphics editing program by PC Magazine.
Where Illustrator can be used?
Illustrator is an equally competent web design software. And the following people can be benefitted from this software.
- Professionals dealing in 3Dprinted objects.
- Various complicated video game developers make use of Illustrator.
- Creative enthusiasts and professionals use Illustrator to create emojis.
- The fashion industry is no different when it comes to creativity.
- Fashion designers also use Illustrator for creating beautiful and elegant designs.
- Those stunning packets at the grocery stores are also the products of Illustrator.
Where CorelDraw can be used?
No matter if you are a graphic expert or a first-time user, CorelDraw is truly versatile to cater to your needs. However, the following people can be benefitted using this software.
- People related to the Textile and Apparel industry.
- Branding and Marketing people can also use CorelDraw to empower their identity.
- Professionals related to Illustrations and Fine Arts.
- CorelDraw can be used in the area of Maps, Blueprints, and Schematics as well.
Advantages of CorelDraw
- CorelDraw offers a free trial of 15 days.
- If you purchase the premium version, it offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- There is an array of advanced features to give you stunning visuals.
- It comes with an integrated suite of professional applications.
- It is a complete value-for-money software solution.
Advantages of Illustrator
- A vector graphic created with Adobe Illustrator will never lose the quality, even after scale up or down.
- Every Illustrator design is pixel-perfect.
- It offers you transform options.
- It comes in multiple languages.
- It is used for designing logo and is one of the best logo design software.
- This is the best graphic design software and infographic software.
Disadvantages of CorelDraw
- It doesn’t have any free plan.
- It can be a little heavy on the pocket for some.
- In order to create realistic images, one would need to learn web design skills.
- It can be challenging for some to get used to with CorelDraw.
Disadvantages of Illustrator
- Adobe Illustrator is quite expensive for beginners.
- It requires skills to create photo-realistic drawings.
- If you wish to alter an already created image, then Illustrator may not be a good option.
- Adobe Illustrator offers limited filters to modify any image.
CorelDraw vs Illustrator: Which is Better?
Which is better between CorelDraw vs Illustrator. Every design software has its own set of pros and cons. And it depends on the use of the software and your project requirements that will decide which software is best for you. And both require you to be technically skilled if you want to use the advanced features of the two. So, choosing a software somewhere depends on your technical skill as well. You may also read wireframe tools and photo editing software , Inkscape vs Illustrator , Lightroom vs Photoshop, Coreldraw vs Photoshop and Illustrator vs Photoshop , Indesign vs Illustrator , Affinity designer vs Illustrator,in order to decide which is best software. If you want to make a website from scratch then TemplateToaster website maker is definately your keys to good web design. All the professional web designers should be aware of all the latest graphic design trends 2020 and web design trends 2020 that are trending.
I won’t favor any software in this comprehensive guide. Instead, I have given you a completely unbiased review so you can make your choice. Since no design software can serve all purposes. You have to pick one according to your needs. So, tell me which software did you choose in the comments below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now