Constant Contact vs Mailchimp Differences
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp, does it sound familiar to you? They are two best-known email marketing platforms out there. And when you are building your online presence, the role of marketing can not be overlooked. So, to help you make your decision I am going to compare Constant Contact and Mailchimp differences, the two powerful giants of the industry.
Constant Contact and Mailchimp are around for a while and they both manage it pretty well to establish themselves as email marketing solutions to use. So, Here at TemplatToaster website builder , let’s dig a little deeper and see which solution is best for your business.
What is Constant Contact?
Constant Contact is one of the best email marketing solution. It is aimed at empowering small businesses to expand their customer base and nurture their relationships. It comes with a range of intuitive marketing tools such as email marketing, social campaigns. Event marketing, dynamic signup forms, and many more.
Constant Contact’s personalized set up allows you to quickly access the features that are more suitable for your business. That being said, it lets you convert your emails into social media posts so that you can easily reach a wide range of users wherever they are. Constant Contact offers you a complete email marketing solution to get your email marketing campaign off the ground.
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a popular name in the field of email marketing. It offers many tools to make your email marketing much easier. You will get a wide range of customizable templates that can help you get started quickly. You can create your email campaigns and automate the email sending process to save your time.
Mailchimp provides you complete and clear information about your email marketing, email tracking, click-through rates. And this information can help you make your future strategy. Furthermore, you can grow your contact list through dynamic forms. In fact, you can easily manage your lists, segment them to target specific people.
When to Use Constant Contact?
Constant Contact is a simple and straightforward solution to cater to your email marketing needs. No matter if you just started out or you are a seasoned professional Constant Contact is for you. Especially when you want to create email campaigns or more precisely personalized email campaigns, then nothing can beat Constant Contact.
You can easily automate your email marketing campaigns, hassle-free eCommerce integration, social media support, and much more. This platform can be used when you want you to boost your email marketing campaigns with minimal effort.
When to Use Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a compelling email marketing provider. You can use it when you want to send emails to thousands of your audience at once. Even if you are a novice, using Mailchimp is no rocket science. And for professionals who are really into the business can quickly use this provider.
When you think of having several integrations for your website or with your eCommerce store, Mailchimp should be your choice. Mailchimp is a complete value for money platform that can help you strategies your marketing campaign effortlessly.
History of Constant Contact
- Constant Contact is an email marketing company headquartered in Waltham Massachusetts.
- It was established in 1995 and later in 2015 sold to Endurance International.
- Constant Contact is an all-in-one online marketing platform.
- It is capable of providing you multi-channel marketing options.
History of Mailchimp
- Mailchimp is an American marketing automation solution and compelling email marketing service.
- It was established by Ben Chestnut and Armstrong in 2001.
- Initially, it began as a paid service and later it introduced the freemium option in 2009.
- In fact, in March 2020, Mailchimp acquired the London-based media and magazine company.
- It has also launched a serial describing the targeted audience.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp: How do they perform against each other?
When you create a website several things need to be aligned properly in order to get desired results. Especially at this time when the internet is flooded with tons of options to give you amazing results to boost your business. Out of many options, Constant Contact and Mailchimp are the two most tightly compared.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp is the most heard and compelling comparison. While choosing between Constant Contact and Mailchimp certain things can alter your choice.
Mailchimp is highly scalable and able to provide you more personalized email marketing experience. However, Constant Contact is a little expensive solution when compared to Mailchimp.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp Comparison Table
|Main Differences||Constant Contact||Mailchimp|
|Free Trial||First Month||N/A|
|Integrations||Over 400||Over 200|
|Pay as you go plan||N/A||Available|
|Advanced Segmentation||Not Available||Available|
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp – Key Features
So, let’s begin this comparison and see they stack up against each other and which one makes the best choice for your business.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp Email Templates
While designing successful email marketing campaigns the design of emails is really important. The emails you send should be able to deliver the intended message as well as it should look appealing. When we compare Constant Contact and Mailchimp for email templates we find the following.
Both Constant Contact and Mailchimp provide you email templates. And Constant Contact offers you more email templates than Mailchimp. It offers you 2GB of image storage space which is too less. You can make use of ready-to-use templates divided into a wide range of templates i.e. holiday special emails, event-specific emails, announcement emails, and more.
Mailchimp also gives you a variety of pre-designed email templates. However, it doesn’t have much in its repository though. But even the limited collection is so impressive that you can use it for your business hassle-free. YOu can also create your custom emails very easily.
Constant Contact and Mailchimp Reporting
Certainly, reporting is a feature that gives you the information to strategize further actions. When you have the insights about which strategy worked and which needs to be altered, you can easily plan for next.
Constant Contact provides you the ability to track your clicks, open-rate, bounce without any complications. This reporting feature gives you the exact report based on the user’s actions. You can easily go through these metrics for growth on your email campaigns.
On the other hand, Mailchimp also provides you with the same information such as tracking open-rate, bounce rate, clicks. However, it also provides you with some advanced information like an eCommerce report. It has a geo-tracking report feature that lets you thoroughly study your eCommerce email campaigns as well.
Constant Contact and Mailchimp Integrations
Well, the support for third-party integrations is also a critical feature. How many integrations does Constant Contact support and how many does Mailchimp support are two different and important numbers to look for. And these integrations will help you improve your marketing campaigns and scale your capabilities.
Constant Contact comes connected with major CRM platform and social media solutions that can help you target the right prospects at the right time. It popularly includes:
Mailchimp, on the other hand, offers you several more integrations such as
- Mailchimp sync for PrestaShop
Email marketing can give you impressive results and makes your marketing simpler by allowing you to automate the email marketing process.
Constant Contact comes with a built-in email automation feature which can greatly help any small business to scale. And the autoresponder that lets you send personalized emails is another plus while working with Constant Contact.
While seeing the Mailchimp automation feature, it also has the ability to personalized recommendations and follow-ups for better results. It comes with options to choose a single email or email series with just a single click.
Deliverability is an essential feature that tells you if your email is delivered to the intended users’ inbox or not. No matter how fancy or attractive your email template is if it is not delivered to the right user.
Constant Contact provides you the best feature and functionalities for the spam-check tools. It will ensure that your emails will not face any deliverability issues. Constant Contact boasts a 98% delivery rate.
Whereas, Mailchimp deliverability lies somewhere between 96 to 98 percent. However, the exact deliverability rate is not mentioned on the official website of Mailchimp. It gives more emphasis to the quick delivery of emails.
When you are stuck somewhere, the ability to connect to the technical support team of your email marketing provider is a crucial factor. Good customer support is a sign of great platform.
Constant Contact offers you multiple ways to connect to the support team. You can reach them via call, live chat, emails. However, you can head to video tutorials, join the community, join webinars, seminars, knowledgebase, professional marketing service to get started easily.
On the other hand, Mailchimp is available through live chat support, emails, phone support, priority response. You can also go through the knowledge base, guides, tutorials, and marketing glossary if you need any help.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp Pricing
In this Constant Contact vs Mailchimp comparison, pricing plays an integral role. In fact, pricing is a significant factor that may sometimes affect your selection. Generally, people on a low budget look for a solution that does not cost much.
Constant Contact offers you the free first-month trial. However, it doesn’t offer you any free plan like Mailchimp. Constant Contact has three premium plans.
- Lite Plan -$5/month: It allows you to get started with 10,000 emails/month. Along with 500mb file storage, live support, mobile app, Google ads, and customizable templates.
- Email Plan – $20/months: It lets you send unlimited emails, customizable templates, automated abandoned cart, WooCommerce integration, list segmentation, Google ads, and more.
- Email Plus Plan – $45/month: This plan lets you send unlimited emails every month, eCommerce advanced, branded industry templates, WooCommerce templates, RSVP, and much more.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, comes with a forever free plan and three premium plans.
- Free Plan: It is a forever free plan that includes several useful features such as 7 marketing channels, basic templates, 1-click automation, surveys, custom domains, etc.
- Essentials Plan – $9.99/month: This plan includes all the free features along with some premium features such as A/B testing, custom branding, all email templates, one-month app engagement, and many more.
- Standard Plan – $14.99/month: This standard plan is suitable for growing businesses that are focusing on more customers. It includes features such as retargeting ads, custom templates, advanced audience insight and more.
- Premium Plan – $299.00/month: The premium plan is best suitable for professionals who need more customization. It comprises features such as advanced segmentation, multichannel testing, phone support, and a lot more.
However, Mailchimp also offers you Pay as you go Plan. That means you can pay as per your custom settings. The price will depend on the number of emails and the number of users you add or delete. But sadly Constant Contact doesn’t have one such option.
If you are using WordPress, you can refer to our best email marketing software article.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp – Ease of Use
It can be an overwhelming experience for any newbie who is going to use any tool for the first time. Various things involved such as A/B testing, segmentation, email automation, etc. can benefit your business. But in order to use these functionalities so that they provide you optimized results is really important.
Constant Contact and Mailchimp have a lot to offer you but which one is easy to use? Well, Constant Contact includes a simple and easy-to-use drag & drop interface. People on a low-budget who can not afford a designer to design beautiful professional email templates can easily start with Constant Contact.
Likewise, Mailchimp creates email campaigns with a simplified drag & drop email builder. You can use the pre-designed templates and engage your users. It has a straightforward dashboard with easy to navigate options.
So, all-in-all both Constant Contact and Mailchimp are easy to use email marketing solution available. In our following articles you can learn Email marketing tricks to increase open rates , Email address harvesting , digital marketing tools and best Webinar Software.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp – Pros and Cons
Constant Contact Pros
- It provides you features like integrations, contact management, and more.
- The premium plans are quite affordable.
- It has an excellent knowledge base.
- Responsive email templates.
- It is highly user-friendly.
- Constant Contact has over 400 templates to offer, it is the largest template library among all.
Constant Contact Cons
- It does not have any free plan.
- You can not remove the logo from the signup form.
- Constant Contact has a limited automation feature.
- It has limited A/B testing capability.
- It has a forever free plan.
- The premium plans are loaded with advanced features.
- It provides you real-time analysis for smart decision making.
- You can use the ready-made email automation.
- The Mailchimp mobile app allows you to create, edit, and track performance effortlessly.
- Responsive email templates.
- Mailchimp has an impressive email preview feature to ease the process.
- Incredible A/B testing tools.
- Even the free plan includes basic templates to get started quickly.
- In some cases Mailchimp do not offer perfect deliverability.
- No event marketing integration.
- It has limited customer support.
Constant Contact vs Mailchimp – In Conclusion
This brings us to the end of this complete Constant Contact vs Mailchimp comparison guide. Either one of this can help you create professional-looking email marketing campaigns hassle-free. Mailchimp is best suitable when it comes to customization, automation, and ease of use.
But if neither of the tools seems right for you, read about WordPress newsletter plugins to be sure about your choice.
However, Constant Contact should be picked when you are looking for a value for money, competent, and user-friendly email marketing solution. Both include free trial and plan. Thus, before making your final choice you can take the free tour and analyze their capabilities and customer support. So, nothing is stopping to try any you like. And don’t forget to share with me in the comments below.
How Does Mailchimp Compare with tools?
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now