HubSpot vs Mailchimp Differences
In this HubSpot vs Mailchimp differences guide, you will learn about these two email marketing platforms in detail. Also, you will be sure why you should choose HubSpot over Mailchimp or vice versa. So, leverage this guide to decide which marketing solution you should invest in. And which tool will actually serve your purpose quickly and effectively.
This HubSpot vs Mailchimp comparison is worth reading before making your final call.
What is HubSpot?
HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing platform used by marketers, developers, and designers. This is the best option for those who are just starting out. Thus, make it a user-friendly tool. This automation tool helps you in various sectors such as marketing, sales, and service. As the HubSpot claims “good for the business” should also mean “good for the customer”.
And this is where they stand out and provide a set of powerful features and functionality. HubSpot serve in over 120 countries. And the three robust segments of HubSpot i.e. Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub offer different free and premium plans. You can choose any free or premium plan that suits your business needs.
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a marketing tool that gives you the ability to create and manage your marketing campaigns. It is way more than just a simple email marketing tools. It’s simple and easy to use platform with amazing marketing capabilities. Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing service providers around. You can easily send emails, newsletters with this immensely powerful marketing tool.
Mailchimp is an impressive email program that includes user list management, template creation, optimal email scheduling, and automation features for effective marketing. You can use the drag & drop email editor to send personalized emails to your users.
HubSpot vs Mailchimp – The Popularity Check
Starting with the popularity we can clearly see the comparison below in the Google Trends graph that Mailchimp is way more popular than HubSpot. However, Mailchimp is more than just digital marketing solution. And that maybe is the reason for its popularity. However, this popularity or say the more searched email marketing tool also shows that people are more inclined towards Mailchimp and that’s for sure due to the fact that it offers you a multitude of useful features at affordable prices.
Let’s quickly go through the comparison table and learn how competent both the platforms are.
HubSpot vs Mailchimp Comparison Table (2020)
|HubSpot vs Mailchimp Key Differences||HubSpot||Mailchimp|
|Bulk Contact Update||Available||Via Import Only|
|Drag & Drop Email Editor||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited Filter Options||Available||Premium Feature|
|Live Chat Tools||Available||Not Available|
|Documentation Language||6 Different Languages||3 Different Languages|
|Drag & Drop Page Builder||No||Yes|
Pros of HubSpot
While HubSpot is an intelligent marketing tool so of course there are various pros of using this solution. Some of them are listed below.
Free Tools and CRM
- It offers you free tools and a CRM plan to get started quickly.
- This plan is not only free but also include several functional features such Free CRM Tool and Free Marketing Tools.
- Free CRM Tools include:
- Contact management
- Contact website activity
- Gmail and Outlook integration
- Custom support form field
- Tasks and activities
- Conversation inbox
- Canned snippets
- Meeting scheduling
- Free Marketing Tools include:
- It includes all features of CRM tools
- Ad management
- Email marketing
- Reporting dashboard
- Team email
- Live chat
- Mobile optimization
- Messenger integration
- When it comes to CRM, you will see various restrictions on different platforms.
- HubSpot CRM permits you to customize everything according to your brand and your specific business and sales needs.
- It allows you to connect specific data points with contacts and companies.
Perfect to Sell Products or Avail Service
- Any business can get to new heights if you choose a product that can help you elevate your business in all ways possible.
- HubSpot provides you easy BigCommerce, Zapier, and more integrations to expand your business.
- For product-based companies that sell products make use of HubSpot to track their products and customer-behavior.
- You can automate online marketing campaigns based on customer previous purchase.
Best Fit For Every Palate
- HubSpot’s inbound marketing feature is truly overwhelming.
- Irrespective of the company size, you can initiate the campaigns and increase your leads.
- However, inbound marketing plays an integral role without any direct relation to the size of the company.
- It strengthens your campaigns, even for the B2B and B2C communication.
Stack of Integrations
- HubSpot offers you over 400 integrations.
- Whether you want to improve leads, encourage sales, arrange your contacts, HubSpot has something to help you grow your business.
Cons of HubSpot
Likewise not every provider is full of advantages only. They do have some disadvantages too. And below are some of the cons of HubSpot.
Enigmatic to Make a Start
- HubSpot comes with unlimited features that easily cause confusion for beginners.
- However, some of the features are highly suitable for professionals who are skilled and are fluent in coding.
- Even the drag and drop email builder has to cover a long way in order to match its competitor Mailchimp.
Trouble Initiating Automated Workflow
- In order to successfully initiate the automated marketing sales process, you need to be technically skilled.
- The architectural workflow is not so beginner-friendly.
Lack of Flexibility
- When HubSpot’s CRM is compared to other CRMs available around, you will find it rigid.
- However, you may enjoy several customization options. But at the same time, it is really hard to alter it
Pros of Mailchimp
Mailchimp, however, has many advantages when we take a deep look inside the tool. Let’s learn about them.
Beautiful email Templates
- It offers you a range of professional templates to choose from.
- However, you can import your own templates as well.
- You can easily customize the existing templates however you like.
- Merely sending emails is not enough, they should be delivered as intended.
- Mailchimp ensures 100% email deliverability.
- Mailchimp has the most restricted sending policy to make sure your reputation doesn’t get affected.
Truckload of Integrations
- Mailchimp provides you with a variety of integrations to enhance your reach and increase your conversions.
- It is one of the most integration-friendly email marketing software.
- There are more than 200 integrations available with Mailchimp.
- And it includes big names such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, PrestaShop, Canva, Zapier, WooCommerce, Zero, Typeform, and more.
Mailchimp Mobile App
- Now, this is really helpful. Mailchimp allows you to grow your business wherever you are with the help of its mobile app.
- Having a mobile app of Mailchimp can make a big difference to your business in the long run.
- The summary dashboard and detailed matrices can help you improve the performance on the go.
Cons of Mailchimp
Let’s discuss some of the cons of Mailchimp.
Expensive Premium Plans
- The premium plans from Mailchimp are quite expensive. Not only for companies having a small budget but also for those who just want to expand with one contact or email or both.
Lacking Advanced Automation Feature
- However, Mailchimp offers superb autoresponders, but it does not have advanced automation options.
Not Really Sophisticated Interface for Some
- There is a definite learning curve to using MailChimp, especially when you have experience using any other marketing tool.
- It may take plenty of time to design and manage campaigns.
HubSpot vs Mailchimp Pricing
After going through the pros and cons of HubSpot vs Mailchimp it’s time to learn about the features they both offer. However, this comparison will give a more clear vision of the two.
How Pricey HubSpot is?
The price of any solution is a vital factor that can make or break your choice. Of course, we need to pay attention to the price because it will affect the entire budget. However, both HubSpot and Mailchimp have free plans to offer. But they include limited features and that probably is something that stops you from using the free plan.
And the premium HubSpot plans include everything from basic features to all advanced features. That being said, the free plan is still enough to provide the basic features to get started well. The HubSpot’s free plan is worth trying and other premium plans are as follows.
HubSpot has two different categories one for the individual plans and another for the bundle plans. Quite interesting! This is to note here that the “Product & Plans” category comprises further five categories and that further includes various plans. Here’s how:
Product & Plans
- Free Tools & CRM – $0
- Marketing Hub
- Stater – $35/m
- Professional – $560/m
- Enterprise – $2,240/m
- Starter + HubSpot CMS – $335/m
- Sales Hub
- Starter – $35/m
- Professional – $350/m
- Enterprise – $840/m
- Service Hub
- Starter – $35/m
- Professional – $280/m
- Enterprise – $840/m
- HubSpot CMS – $300/m
- Starter Growth Suite – $112.50/m
- Professional Growth Suite – $1,275/m
- Enterprise Growth Suite – $4,200/m
- Create a Bundle – Custom price as per the chosen bundles.
This entire pricing structure is super impressive and the custom bundle helps you make your own plan as and when required.
How Pricey Mailchimp is?
Now let’s learn about the Mailchimp Pricing in detail. Mailchimp too has a free plan that incorporates all the basic features and any small business or any startup can use it for their marketing campaigns. And other paid plans are really helpful for medium-size companies and other complex entities. Here’s how Mailchimp roles.
- Free plan – $0
- Essential – $9.99/m
- Standard – $14.99/m
- Premium – $299.00/m
It is important here to note that the Mailchimp pricing can vary with the number of contacts or emails or both increases. However, this flexibility of increase in the number of contacts, emails or both helps you grow as per your business needs.
Last but least the “Pay as you go” plan. This plan has its own advantages and disadvantages. Because it is divided further in a defined range of contacts and emails. And as you go and touch one range to the other you will be charged accordingly.
Sometimes you may have to pay a big amount for just a single contact or email (if you exceed the defined limit). Therefore, it might not be a good choice for some or say at times.
Thus, it won’t be wrong here to say that HubSpot’s pricing structure is way more flexible than Mailchimp. But Mailchimp’s popularity is still constantly increasing
HubSpot vs Mailchimp – Key Features
In this section of HubSpot vs Mailchimp guide, I have listed down the key features of these two marketing solutions.
What features HubSpot offer?
HubSpot is a perfect solution for medium-sized businesses to large companies and any enterprise. The best thing about this platform is that it is an integrated marketing tool.
- HubSpot Marketing Blog
- A/B Testing
- Free Certifications
- Campaign Management
- Social Monitoring
- Google Analytics
- CRM integration
- Multi-Channel Marketing
- Campaign Planning
- Innovative Content Strategy Tool
- Contact Database
- Content Creation & Repository
- Content Management
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Custom Landing Pages
- Email Integration
- Email Marketing
- Landing Page Templates
- Marketing Automation
- Mobile App
- Drag & Drop Interface
- Email Campaign Management
- Multi Campaign
What features Mailchimp offers?
Mailchimp is an ideal solution for those who are just starting out. It is primarily focused on small to medium-sized businesses. It is highly suggested for businesses that are new. And those who have limited resources. So, let’s check the features in detail now.
- Email Designer
- Mailchimp Editor
- Social Sharing
- Custom Forms
- Email Client Testing
- Mobile Signup Forms
- Merge Tags
- Social Profiles
- SMS for Events
- Segmentation and Groups
- Multi-User Accounts
- A/B Testing
- Delivery by Time Zone
- Mailchimp Mobile
- Mailchimp Coupon Scanner
- Campaign Archives
- Subscriber Profiles
- Email Delivery
- Email Templates
This entire Hubspot vs Mailchimp comparison guide has several reasons to make your choice. You can either choose HubSpot or Mailchimp digital marketing tools whichever suits you.
So, which tool is the best fit for your business?
It actually boils down to the degree of marketing automation you need for your company or business. However, if you are in search of a comprehensive solution, then HubSpot should be your choice. But on the other hand, if you are just stepping in with your small business then, a robust tool, like Mailchimp will serve you better.
How Does Hubspot Compare with other platform?
How Does Mailchimp Compare with tools?
HubSpot vs Mailchimp – In Conclusion
I hope I was able to help you choose the best tool for your business through this HubSpot vs Mailchimp complete guide. If you still find it difficult to decide then feel free to leave a message below in the comment section. I will try my best to help you get through it as quickly as possible. While you create a website to establish your online presence, a perfect drag & drop website builder is something you should use.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now