Best Joomla Search Extensions
If you are looking for the best Joomla search extensions then reading this comprehensive guide can be really helpful for you. I have curated a list of the best Joomla search extensions for you. Choosing the best option out of the many available solutions can be a daunting task for some. That’s where this guide will help you make your decision. So, let’s dive right in!
When you create a Joomla Website, you try to add all possible and required features to it. Visitor that lands on your website organically, will stay for no longer than a minute. Whereas, your existing users might stay for approximately 2 minutes. That too if they are getting what they want. So, how can you make visitors stay long? Well, the answer is simple, provide them the information they are looking for. Additionally your website should be well build using one of the top notch Joomla Templates
Websites that are easy to navigate are most likely to perform well at search results. Therefore, the best way to make information accessible to your visitors is to provide an effective search option on your website. Of course, if you are running a Joomla website, you are already aware of the benefits of Joomla for creating a website.
Let’s now go through the Joomla search extensions. This list will help you find one of the best solutions for your website according to your website’s needs, goals, and requirements. So, here we go!
What is Joomla Search extension?
A Joomla site search extension allows you to search add search functionality on your website. They are easy to install and most of them are free to download. However, you might have to use PHP scripting for compatibility issues. Nevertheless, Joomla has an extensive online community to rely upon. The experts are always ready to help you out in case you feel stuck. Have a look at the following section to find out the best Joomla search extensions available-
Best Joomla Search Extensions
1. Articles Good Search
Articles Good Search is a beautiful solution to add search functionality to your Joomla 4 website. What is Joomla? And what do you expect from this powerful content management system? Well, the capabilities of this platform increase with the extensions it includes. And Article Good Search is one of the strongest Joomla search extensions that you will find. It can quickly filter and search your Joomla content by custom fields, filter your content by keywords.
- Articles Good Search comes with easy configuration settings.
- It lets you display search fields keyword tags, categories, authors, and dates.
- You can have list-type fields as well.
- It provides multi-language support.
- You can easily restrict your search to a specific one as well.
- Support Joomla 4 version
- Articles Good Search is a responsive Joomla search extension.
- It provides you complete support for field types such as text, checkbox, integer, radio, and calendar.
- It is quite easy to use this Joomla search extension.
- You need to have at least Joomla version 3.
2. Geek Elasticsearch
Geek Elasticsearch is an extremely smooth and super quick Joomla 4 search extension that you can easily use for your Joomla site. It is a premium Joomla search plugin/extension/module. This premium extension uses the Elasticsearch engine. It is a kind of open-source engine that is a highly scalable full-text and analytics engine to index data and performs the search. This Joomla search extension works flawlessly and gives real-time results. On the other hand, various PHP-MySQL-based search extensions are not as capable of delivering results as these analytics engine-based extensions are.
- Geek Elasticsearch offers you 40+ integration plugins.
- It is an analytics engine-based Joomla search extension.
- You can quickly get real-time results.
- It provides you rapid fast search results.
- The powerful filter system enables you to filter the search by content type.
- Support both Joomla 4 and 3 versions.
- It is a user-friendly Joomla search extension out there.
- Geek Elasticsearch offers you a 7 day free trial with a money-back guarantee.
- Several seamless integrations to enjoy.
- It does not have a free plan.
Bonus Joomla Search Extensions
3. XT Search for Algolia
XT Search for Algolia helps you add instant search and auto-completion features on your Joomla 4 website. However, this plugin is a paid solution but the kind of attributes it includes are extremely useful. It is one of the smartest ways to improve search on your Joomla site. However, this extension offers you a Community ‘Forever Free’ tier along with many other paid subscriptions. With the help of this community, you can quickly get access to lightning-fast search results, a customizable relevancy engine, etc. Furthermore, it offers full multi-lingual site search support.
- XT Search comes with autocomplete and instant search features.
- It provides you complete control over the feel, looks, and relevance of your Joomla site.
- It provides you quick and relevant content at blazing fast speed.
- For the administrator, there is an autocomplete attribute to enjoy.
- You can have a multi-connector sitewide search
- XT Search for Algolia is very simple to configure on your Joomla website.
- It is a totally out-of-the-box Joomla extension.
- There are several advanced customization options.
- It is a paid Joomla search extension.
- RokAjaxSearch is a versatile Joomla search extension.
- It is an AJAX-powered Joomla search extension that means you can have real-time results.
- It lets you have multiple sources.
- You can include your local Joomla site search as well as add the search for the web at large.
- RokAjaxSearch comes with script enhancements for intuitive navigation.
- It is a perfect solution for real-time search on Joomla.
- RokAjaxSearch is an open-source Joomla search extension.
- It is pretty easy to set up this Joomla extension on your website.
- Joomla professionals may find it somewhat limited when it comes to layouts.
5. JA Megafilter
JA Megafilter is an intuitive Joomla extension that helps you manage filters on your site. It includes base field filters such as tags, title, price, category, brand, manufacturer, etc. However, there are several other custom field filters like size and color. This is a paid Joomla search extension with many operational features. However, you can take the 7-day free trial and if you like it you can get ahead with the premium plan, or else you can quit using it. But the features are so impressive that you will love this Joomla search extension.
- With JA Megafilter you can create a filter for any specific category of your choice.
- You can use the base fields and custom fields filters and use them freely.
- The ability to customize layouts and create different filters.
- Like other Joomla page builders, JA Megafilter page builder premium is also available to use.
- It offers you a free blank template with the T4 framework. To create a Joomla template, T4 is one of the best Joomla template frameworks.
- JA Megafilter is an easy and intuitive Joomla search extension.
- Even beginners can use this Joomla search extension without any difficulty.
- All the features of JA Megafilter are amazingly simple and highly useful in nature.
- JA Megafilter does not have a free plan.
So, the list ends here. The benefits of using a content management system like Joomla are numerous. And the ability to extend the functionality by adding some additional useful Joomla extensions makes it an even better option. No matter which Joomla search extensions you use for your Joomla website make sure your visitors are getting complete user-friendly navigation.
Joomla Search Extensions – In Conclusion
So, this is the end of this comprehensive guide. I am sure by now you are fully equipped with all useful and feature-rich Joomla search extensions. Having a search capability on your website is like providing your users the ability to look for things they need rather than struggling with the stuff they are not interested in. In fact, when you allow your user to search for an article, any related page or so they find it really easy to be on your website. However, when you pick up a web design software to design a beautiful Joomla website, you also must have gone through a lot of options to select that one suitable solution for your business.
Basically, the search feature is everywhere and it helps us a lot to find and let others find useful information on websites. The underlying architecture of Joomla is incredibly beautiful. But the search facility is not there. For that, you will have to make use of Joomla search extensions. The above-discussed Joomla search extensions are highly useful and full of features that will give you an impressive search facility for your Joomla website. It’s like essential Joomla extensions to boost up your site. So, which Joomla search extension you are using for your Joomla website, do let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now