5 Best Free WordPress Table Plugins | Tested & Compared(2019)
Do you need to create tables in WordPress? Don’t you like to write long codes for creating tables? Then, you can rely on WordPress table plugins.
Tables & Charts are great to present information in an organized and user-friendly form. You can use the tables to showcase the pricing of products/services on a website. If you are using WordPress for your business, you must know that how tables can help to display complex data. But have you ever created tables in WordPress? If yes, you must be familiar with this limitation that WordPress has no inbuilt support for tables. You have to rely on WordPress Table plugins for creating tables. But, it could be hard to choose from a number of WordPress table plugins.
So, Here at TemplateToaster WordPress website builder, I decided to prepare a list that will include some of the best WordPress table plugins. It will provide the important information that how the table plugins can help your website in different ways and meet those needs. This guide will advise you to figure out the best WordPress table plugin to cater your requirements. Let’s dive in to see the details.
Why Use WordPress Table Plugins?
Tables have applications in every field of business, eCommerce, sports, science, education and non-profit etc. Traditionally, many WordPress developers use HTML to code tables. And, in case you are avoiding code, you are going to paste a long wall of text that will turn you off. Here, the WordPress table plugins come into play. They will serve the WordPress core needs of creating tables. They will help you to visually present packages and prices, easily create grid-style layouts etc. So, WordPress table plugins will save a lot of time and create sophisticated, mobile-friendly fantastic tables.
5 Best Table Plugins for WordPress
WordPress facilitate you many table plugins to create great tables. Different plugins offer different features. I have curated a list of 5 best WordPress Table Plugins and it guarantees you the one that will be the best fit. So, let’s take a close look
Comparison Chart of Best WordPress Table Plugins
|WordPress Table Plugins||Active Installs||Average Rating||Cross Browser Compatibility||Multilingual Support||Import/Export Option||Responsive Tables|
|Data Table Generator||20,000+||4.8||Yes||Only with Pro version||Yes||Yes|
|Magic Liquidizer Responsive Table||10,000+||4.7||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|JTRT Responsive Tables||5,000+||3.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
List of the Best WordPress Table Plugins
TablePress is one of the best WordPress table plugins to create and manage elegant tables. It is a free generic plugin that produces tables for posts, pages, or text widgets. You just need the shortcode and can use it anywhere. Tables can contain any type of data. You can attach a custom CSS to it plus can specify the section where to show the table through plugin options. Also, it allows easy importing or exporting the tables from/to Excel, CSV, HTML, and JSON files. You can manage TablePress via Menu. You can enhance its features through TablePress extensions. Its main features are as follows
- It is easily searchable.
- Data entry through this plugin is simple & straightforward.
- It gives easy pagination.
- You can also copy/duplicate and delete tables.
- It provides easy import/export options from/to Excel, CSV, HTML, and JSON files.
- It provides the facility to attach custom CSS.
- Can show table anywhere in a theme by using template tag.
- It has multilingual support.
- Table editing is a little slow and time-consuming.
- It gives limited customizability.
- It’s not responsive in nature.
Data Tables generator is a free WordPress table plugin that generates responsive tables. It effectively manages the tables from admin panel. It provides interactive charts and graphs, sorting, pagination, filtering etc. With constant 5-star rating, it’s a WordPress responsive table plugin. It has many features, out of which some key features are as follows
- It provides easy searching options.
- It has formulas support and HTML tables support for data cells.
- You can enable table Caption, Header, Footer.
- It provides many customization options like Bold” and “Italic” font style, change color option for cells and fonts.
- You can import Tables from CSV, Excel, Google Sheets.
- You can also export tables to CSV, Excel, PDF.
- Produces SEO friendly data tables.
- Creates responsive tables.
- Includes an option for the auto-update from Google Sheets.
- Limited support for large tables.
Ultimate Tables is a free plugin to create and manage tables in WordPress. You can insert tables into pages, posts or articles. Even, multiple tables can be inserted at once. This is a good plugin with 4-star rating unless you need to mess with large data. The main features of this plugin are as follows
- It allows you to edit the number of rows and columns, reorder and delete an existing table.
- Text or HTML code both can be inserted into the cells.
- Offers 3 different designs.
- Facilitates a search option.
- Two types of orders are possible: Alphabetical and Numerical.
- Provides information on a number of rows and items.
- Offers pagination.
- This page is continually updated.
- It gives configurable height & width options.
- Provides limited customization.
- Lacks in import/export capability.
- Limited support for large data.
- Generates tables that are not responsive.
Magic Liquidizer Responsive Table plugin transforms the simple HTML tables into mobile responsive tables. It is an easy solution to sync the tables on small screens where normally data overlaps. Also, collapses the columns into rows and ensures the elegant view of data and provides many advanced features for SEO, navigation and custom media queries in the premium version. It works as a great WordPress responsive table plugin and its basic version is free. Some of its main features are as follows
- Responsive web design solution for images, texts, forms, tables, navigation menu.
- Provides responsive HTML layouts.
- Support for landscape and portrait view.
- Provides 100% fluidity.
- Simple and lightweight.
- Cross-browser compatibility.
- Tablet friendly.
- Some users have reported that it breaks the WordPress audio on mobile. However, works well on a desktop.
- It has issues if you put video links on the table.
JTRT responsive Tables plugin for WordPress results in amazing responsive tables without any HTML code or CSS. An average user can use it easily. It allows you to convert your excel CSV files to responsive HTML with a few clicks. It has many features, out of which some main are as follows
- You can edit table cells from the backend.
- It is now easy to add links/images to your table.
- You can add custom breakpoints for each table.
- It facilitates many new features like table sorting, table pagination, and table filtering.
- You can set a hover highlight color for rows/columns.
- It has Simple WYSIWYG backend table editor.
- It provides 5 Custom responsive breakpoint sizes.
- It has a support for multiple tables on a single page.
- It needs some improvements in Save option. Users have reported issues regarding this.
Bonus WordPress Table Plugins
There are some important WordPress Table plugins that will work as great add-ons when used with other WordPress Table plugins. Basically, they add special extra functionality to the plugins. Here, I have listed 2 such bonus plugins as follows
TableSorter is a good WordPress plugin to sort HTML tables without any page refresh. It is an easy to use WordPress table plugin. You can select a table template from many available choices. The key features of TableSorter plugin are as follows
- It provides Multi-column sorting.
- You can easily disable sorting from particular columns.
- It can sort multiple columns simultaneously.
- It offers many styling options like background color, font color, alignment, text width etc.
This WordPress table plugin will be used as an extension with TablePress mainly. It provides a drop-down menu that lets you select from a list of available tables. It creates a custom field to return the table ID for the table selected, or the full HTML of the table. It requires ACF version 4+ or 5+ and TablePress 1.5+. To know more details about ACF, you can read 13 must-have tools WordPress admin can’t live without.
- It enables a seamless integration into the UI of your custom post types.
- It is handy to print tables via ACF.
How to Add a Table in WordPress Using TablePress Plugin?
Now, when you have all the Top WordPress table plugins for your exposure, what else you need? You will simply add a table through the plugin. Though the procedure of adding a table through plugin is very simple, I am going to showcase the steps to create the table through TablePress. The procedure will remain same only with a slight self-explanatory variation with other table plugins. These steps are as follows
STEP 1: Once installed & activated, you can see the table in the Dashboard menu.
STEP 2: From the Dashboard, Go to TablePress → Add New.
STEP 3: You can see a page asking for table particulars. Fill table name, description, number of rows & columns you require. Click Add Table as shown below
STEP 4: Now, a table ID or shortcode is generated, that you can use on the page at which you want to display the table. You can add table content here.
Once, you are done with the content, specify the setting through table options. Like you want the first row as the header or not, how many table rows per page, alternate table row coloring etc.
Now press Save Changes button.
STEP 5: Now, switch to the page where you want this table. Paste the shortcode of table and update.
STEP 6: The resultant table will look somewhat like this on the live page.
It’s so easy. You are done!!
Now, you are ready to choose the best WordPress Table plugin.
I think you got a good, detailed exposure of some of the best WordPress Table plugins. As all the features with possible positives and negatives are discussed, you can easily identify the best suit for you. The choice of the plugin will entirely depend on that either you require data table or a comparison table. Other important things like cross-browser support, responsiveness, import/export features can also influence your decision. But for sure, you will get something you need as you have the best WordPress Table plugins with all the details. But if you are designing a website from scratch, then you can go for website maker or WordPress theme Builder that will facilitate you with table options at the time of designing a theme.
Design themes that make your websites stand apart from the rest. Get your dynamic Drag and Drop Theme Builder Software today.Download Now