9 Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins Explained (2022)
In order to convert your successfully running WordPress website into an online store, you need some of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins. But it gets really difficult to choose the one suitable solution for your website out of the available WordPress eCommerce plugins. In this guide, I will show you the best-picked solutions for your WordPress website. So, without any further ado, let’s see what are the effective solutions that you can use for your website.
We know WordPress is the most popular content management system out there and of course there are many benefits of using CMS. That’s why everyone from beginners to highly professional users relies on WordPress. No matter what type of website you wish to create, be it a simple website, blog, or online store. WordPress is a complete solution and one of the best open-source CMSs, that can be converted into a full-fledged online store. However, running an online store requires building a comprehensive eCommerce store. And that can be achieved with the help of eCommerce website builders available in the market. To see how popular and powerful the WordPress content management system is, you can see that WordPress powers more than 64% of websites around the globe.
What’s More with WordPress eCommerce Plugins?
WordPress does not come with a default eCommerce functionality. You need to use a third-party WordPress plugin to turn your normal website into an online store. There are several WordPress plugins that can help you do that. But not every solution can be as efficient for your store as it may be for other websites. That’s exactly where you need to figure out which plugin can provide you the desired results. However, WooCommerce is one such WordPress plugin that is ranked at the top of the WordPress eCommerce plugins. But make sure to install the WordPress plugin correctly. When you create a website you look for the best option to build a website. You can also try to make an eCommerce website using an eCommerce website builder or WordPress theme builder, and build a website without any coding needed. Find out beautiful free WordPress themes to create a website that is not just easy to build but also very attractive. Additionally, you can also build an attractive user-friendly WooCommerce store builder with Free WooCommerce themes. Likewise, let’s now go through the best WordPress eCommerce plugins that will help you scale up your WordPress eCommerce store.
Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
WooCommerce is undoubtedly the world’s best eCommerce solution for WordPress powered by Automattic. But what is WooCommerce? Well it is an open-source eCommerce plugin that you can use for your WordPress website and streamline the entire eCommerce website development. Millions of people are using it and selling products online. Since it is an open-source eCommerce plugin that means you own the content and entire data of your store. Using this eCommerce plugin can help you build and run an online store without any difficulty. Besides, you can also create custom WooCommerce theme very easily. It is easily available in the WordPress plugins repository.
- With WooCommerce, you can create beautiful and attractive storefronts.
- Pages can be easily customized in minutes.
- It comes with built-in tools to use.
- You can easily configure shopping options as per your business requirements.
- It provides seamless integration with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, etc.
- WooCommerce allows you to have 16 blocks to be used on your WordPress website.
- You can leverage hooks and filters.
- You can connect with the WooCommerce community.
- Inspect and modify and factor the core plugin code.
- Many advanced features are limited to the WooCommerce premium service.
2. Easy Digital Downloads – Simple eCommerce for Selling Digital Files
Easy Digital Downloads – Simple eCommerce for Selling Digital Files is another powerful solution to build an eCommerce website. Selling digital products such as software, photos, ebooks, documents, songs, graphics, etc. can be easily done with Easy Digital Download eCommerce. This eCommerce plugin comes with a simple-to-use interface. You will love the functionality and features it includes. Downloading and configuring this eCommerce plugin on your website is pretty easy. All the features that you would need to run an eCommerce store. You will get a highly customizable and clean checkout process. In fact, all other features that you might need to attract users to your e-store.
- Easy Digital Downloads come with a simple and intuitive interface.
- The process to manage customer relationships is also crucial. That’s why Easy Digital Download provides you the facility to stay connected with your users pretty well.
- It provides you complete eCommerce reports to help you manage your users.
- It provides complete payment gateway support using free as well as premium extensions such as
- PayPal Standard
- Amazon Payments
- You can easily include coupons, discount codes, and other offers to your users.
- It provides you the flexibility to customize almost everything on your website.
- It is a verified member of the Stripe partner program.
- Easy Digital Download is an adaptable, extensible, and open-source WordPress plugin.
- The default plugin behavior can be easily overridden.
- Many of the advanced features are limited to the premium plan.
3. Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart is a super powerful WordPress plugin that can give you a fully working eCommerce website. Most of the features are essentially required for running a smooth online store. However, when you initially start up an online store, real-time data and other relative statistics can help you plan according to user needs. It comes in more than 40 languages so that anybody can use this WordPress plugin without any issues. Real-time shipping integration and social media integration can help you connect with more potential buyers at a particular time. Using this plugin for your WordPress website is pretty simple.
- Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart comes with automatic shipping and taxes.
- It supports over 45 languages.
- It lets you easily sell on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and so on.
- You will not have to download any addons.
- There is unlimited storage and automatic backups for your eCommerce store.
- Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart comes with automatic data synchronization with your WordPress shopping cart and other online storefronts.
- Regular backups will help you make your store better.
- You can easily include your eCommerce shop on multiple websites.
- It flawlessly works with WordPress websites.
- Many of the advanced features are included in the Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart premium plan.
4. WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart is a simple to use WordPress eCommerce plugin. You can easily sell products and services directly from your WordPress website. In fact, if you are running a WordPress blog site, you can anytime convert it to a full-fledged eCommerce website. Displaying a shopping cart on any page and post is pretty simple with the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin. However, it includes the facility to dynamically create products with the help of shortcodes. If you are using a responsive theme, it will work in a completely responsive manner.
- The entire shopping cart will be fully responsive.
- Selling digital products gets easier with the help of using the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin.
- It is a super lightweight WordPress solution.
- It won’t slow down your website.
- You can easily configure an email address.
- WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart is a truly lightweight eCommerce plugin.
- You are free to sell any type of tangible as well as non-tangible products.
- It comes with WordPress multisite installation.
- For each of your products, you can have specific SKU numbers.
- Beginners may find it a little difficult to configure this plugin on your WordPress website.
5. WP eCommerce
WP eCommerce is a simple-to-use WordPress eCommerce plugin. As can be seen you know the benefits of using an SSL certificate for your WordPress website so make sure to install the SSL certificate on your site. Also with WP eCommerce setting up an SSL for making sure the secure check-out is pretty easy. And there are many video tutorials that can help you set up your WordPress website without any difficulty. However, the flexibility to edit CSS and HTML is also there. Typically that means you can make desirable customization in your WordPress website. No matter if you want to sell any digital products or any type of physical products.
- WP eCommerce comes with secure check-out with SSL.
- It fully supports several different types of payment gateways.
- There are many built-in marketing tools that you can use.
- You can quickly manage catalogs and orders with the help of various built-in tools.
- WordPress multisite integration is also possible.
- WP eCommerce plugin is a beginner-friendly WordPress eCommerce plugin.
- It provides basic support for WPML and qTranslate.
- There are hundreds of available hooks that you can use for your WordPress website.
- There are many built-in marketing tools that can help you with your marketing strategies.
- In order to use an addon, you need to have a license key.
Bonus Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
6. Dokan – Best WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace Solution – Build Your Own Amazon, eBay, Etsy
Dookan is one of the best front-end multi-vendor marketplaces on WordPress. Also it is fully powered by WooCommerce. If you are able to build your own marketplace something similar to Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. in no time at all. However, knowing the best marketplaces to sell your templates and themes online can help you display your creative designs with ease. Also you can easily start your eCommerce business with Dookan. Also personalized dashboard can give you a fully customized user experience.
- Dookan is a great place to start and grow your eCommerce business.
- It provides you a complete personalized dashboard so that you can easily manage your stuff online.
- Only the admin can access the backend.
- It comes with a free responsive eCommerce theme along with the widgets specifically made for the Dokan WordPress eCommerce plugin.
- It’s a pretty simple and easy-to-use WordPress plugin.
- Dokan has a fast and smooth interface and quick-to-use functionality.
- The platform is fully updated and provides you flawless operations.
- It provides you unlimited.
- Many beginners may find it overwhelming to use.
7. WC Vendors Marketplace – The WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace Solution
WC Vendors Marketplace comes with several powerful eCommerce features that you can use to empower your online store. Moreover the WC Vendors Marketplace has two useful solutions to offer you. That is a free plan as well as a pro plan. Surely both the plans include their own set of features and functionalities. But this certainly doesn’t mean that the free plan is limited in terms of features. However, it is crucial to know that WC Vendors Marketplace lets you create your own marketplace without any difficulty.
- WC Vendors Marketplace helps you build a marketplace. It can be anything from an online art gallery, cooking classes, to a book store, etc.
- It’s a pretty easy and simple-to-use WordPress eCommerce plugin.
- It provides seamless support if anything gets stuck anywhere.
- There isn’t any restriction on the number of vendors you wish to include in your marketplace.
- There is no limitation on the kind of products you wish to sell in your marketplace.
- WC Vendors Marketplace comes with two influential categories.
- You can incorporate an advanced commission system in your marketplace that may vary depending on the various situations.
- It also allows you to create and sell membership on your WordPress website.
- Publishing products on your marketplace can be easily managed and controlled.
- WC Vendors Marketplace includes advanced features in the premium plan.
9. Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store
Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store is an incredibly easy-to-use WordPress plugin that can help you convert your new or existing WordPress site into a fully functional eCommerce store. To be sure the best thing is that you will not have to be technically skilled in order to use this WordPress plugin for your website. Also you can easily sell anything that you want. Moreover, marketing your products on social media is also possible with the Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store WordPress plugin.
- Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store comes in three different shopping cart editions to fulfill every online store needs.
- There are over 30 payment solutions that are fully SCA compliant.
- Adding social media extensions to your online store is pretty quick with this Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store WordPress plugin.
- Under the free eCommerce edition, you can have unlimited products as well as unlimited orders for your store.
- It will automatically create three new pages in WordPress for your store.
- Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store can be quite easily added to your existing WordPress website.
- It’s your choice to go for either the free plan or the premium one.
- The free edition of this WordPress plugin comes with PayPal Express Square, Stripe to collect payments.
- The pro version of the Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store plugin is licensed software.
So, these are some of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins that you can use for your WordPress website. However, there are many other premium solutions available as well. You can use them too if you want to. Whereas, the eCommerce WordPress plugins mentioned above are highly secure and feature-rich WordPress plugins. Please note that there is no universal solution. Moreover every business has different requirements so it is essential to choose a plugin based on the specifications. Frequently using the right services can help you drive traffic to your website.
Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins Compared (2022)
Easy Digital Downloads
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
Tested Up To
|5.7.2||5.7.2||Up To 5.7.2||5.7.2||5.5.5|
Required WordPress Version
|5.5 or Higher||5.3 or Higher||3.7 or Higher||6||5.0 or Higher|
|Yes||Yes||Of Course, Yes||Yes||Yes|
So, How to Choose WordPress eCommerce Plugins?
As discussed there are plenty of WordPress eCommerce plugins that you may use for your WordPress website. However, choosing the best WordPress plugin for your website can be tricky. Moreover the personal requirements and business needs are different for every other website. For instance, if you are dealing in the sale and purchase of online goods, then you might need an eCommerce plugin that specifically handles digital products. Whereas, on the other hand, if you wish to sell physical goods, then you require eCommerce plugins that include features such as shipping, online payments, and inventory management system.
Particularly there are several factors that you should consider before selecting any WordPress plugin. So, let’s now see what exactly are the factors that are crucial to consider. But taking the final decision is ultimately in your hands.
Easy of Use
To point out no matter what you want to sell in your store or whether you wish to add products, offer coupons, add different products. Truly the user-friendly interface of any plugin can help you make your decision. Moreover, nobody would like to waste time learning the WordPress dashboard or eCommerce plugin. So, knowing about the plugin and how easily you can use it is important.
Certainly, before you make your choice, knowing about a plugin and eCommerce platform is well required. So it is advisable to check if the plugin is being regularly updated or not. And if you know how easily you can get customer support can alter your choice if you ever get stuck anywhere.
In particular choosing an eCommerce plugin depends on many factors. WordPress eCommerce plugins come with various add-ons. If the chosen plugin is able to provide you endless options to customize your website, then that’s a great option to use for your website.
Notably, the price structure of any chosen platform or a plugin can help you do something great with your website. But sometimes when you choose a plugin, you may like a plugin but it can be a possibility that you stop using it because it is heavy on your pocket. So, before you make a final decision make sure the chosen WordPress plugin fits in your pocket. And it is not hurting the entire budget of your WordPress website.
So, it is advisable to keep in mind that a WordPress eCommerce plugin should satisfy all the conditions. And it should match your business needs and other plugin requirements.
Happy eCommerce Solutions!
WordPress eCommerce Plugins – In Conclusion
In the first place, running an eCommerce online store is a big deal. Sometimes beginners may find it quite difficult to run it successfully. As well as, that’s where plugins come into play and help you get through them without any difficulty. Also, WordPress plugins are meant that way so that they can help you set up a WordPress eCommerce online store. So, this is to keep in mind that no plugin solution is the best fit for every business. Because each business has its own set of pros and cons. And that’s why you need to go through many WordPress eCommerce plugins so that you can find the exact match for your website according to your needs.
While if you are running a WordPress website, you already know what WordPress is and what you can create with WordPress. So with the help of a WordPress eCommerce plugin, you can set your business website without any difficulty. As much as the popularity of WordPress is well-known and its compatibility with third-party plugins helps you extend the functionality of your website to a great level. And if you want to choose a theme for customization, then you can select from free templates or create an eCommerce website with WooCommerce and TemplateToaster. You can also use WordPress theme generator, one of the best being TemplateToaster, to build WordPress Theme and create your own website.
However, if you know exactly what type of online store you wish to run and what kind of features you wish to add to it. Then, the above-mentioned WordPress eCommerce plugins can be really helpful for you. If you still have any questions, feel free to leave a comment down below.
Build a Stunning Website in Minutes with TemplateToaster Website BuilderCreate Your Own Website Now